ForumsForum GamesUnique Country RPG

138 32922
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Rules:
1.New players are always welcome.
2.Double check to make sure you completely filled out the nation sheet.
3.If I haven't specified something, you can make it up yourself. But nothing too extreme without my permission. For example, if I say your in a forest, you can say that it's made up of only oak and maple trees. What you cannot do is say that there is a native tribe of cannibals hidden in the trees.
4.If you have questions or feel I've done something wrong, feel free to ask or correct me.
5.I'll overlook how your species could have evolved, but not how they currently exist. For example, I'll allow a ants with lungs which allow them to grow very large, but not a chipmunk that's the size of Mt.Everest and only eats a leaf a day. Unless you have an unbelievably good explanation.
6.No aliens.
7.You can do virtually anything in this, but if you do something really stupid that I don't like, for example start a space program when your in the iron age, I'll probaly say a tornado hits and destroys the program.
8. I may change the rules or the character sheet if they need changing. I probaly won't though if your strongly against it.
This country RPG differs from others because you will not play as humans, and you must play as a different species. This species will still be smart enough to eventually build a civilization though. I'd prefer something unique, like a race of giant owls who worship leaf gods, but if you really want to play as elves I'll probaly allow it.
How this works: You will post an action and I will post a reaction. Then you post another action and I post another reaction. You can interact with other players and I may decide to force you to interact with other players, in-game. For example:
You: I send twenty chipmunk gatherers to get nuts.
Me: Your chipmunk gatherers get you enough food to last your entire village about a month.
Another player: I attack the chipmunk tribe to steal their nuts with my elephant warriors.
Your posts will usually be a few sentences though. Everyone will start in a place similar to England, but the exact geography like locations of rivers and forests can change. Everyone will spread out into neighboring areas after the game gets going. You delete everything in brackets in the nation sheet. Those aren't the only questions you answer though, just examples. The more detail you put in the less I make up for you.
Name of Race: (Owleans? Drakkgihn? What will you choose?)
Your Location: ( Are you in a thick forest? Are you on the coast?)
Hierachy: (Does your race elect a president? Do you have slaves? Do you have elders?)
Military: (Do you have spearman? Is it men only? Do you have one big army or smaller squads?)
Physical Description: (This one is pretty straight forward. But genders may differ.)
Mental Description: (Are your people all geniuses, or are they idiots? Do they have innate respect for each other? Are they warmongers naturally?)
Other Anything that doesn't fall into the other categories.)

• 138 Replies
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Name of Race: Rychusiors (preying-mantis beings)
Your Location: Large Forest
Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves
Military: One huge army, and lots of spears!
Physical Description: Silver, three horns on head. They average three feet in height.
Mental Description: Respect, yet love war.
Population:600
Population Status: Neutral

I research other weaponry options, possibly a ranged weapon. I also try to expand our borders.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

Now that everything is relatively peace full, the council researchs some tools for mining, cutting trees etc.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

Name of Race: Drakonians
Your Location: Roughly the center of the island, beside a large lake.
Hierachy: Alpha
Omega (almost equal to Alpha)
Counsel members
Warriors
Commoners
Military: A lot of Red Warriors.
Physical Description: They don't really have a gender, but most other tribes referred to them as "he". Look kinda like dragons, but more human, they average 2M tall, musculous body and don't have wings (excepting the Alpha and Omega)
Mental Description: They are mostly calm and protective.
Population: 300
Other: They usually fight through their unique draconic arts.

*Sorry for double post, but I forgot something*
Now that everything is relatively peace full, I (my people) research some tools for mining, cutting trees etc.

Raispeed55
Raispeed55
233 posts
Nomad

Name of Race: Stofirkans
Your Location: The grand palace Is the highest cave on a volcano, And other settlements are small houses made out of rocks and sticks In the desert around the volcano. The city where the grand palace resides Is in the volcano like the grand palace. (The volcano is extinct))
Hierachy: Every city has It's own minor king, But the Great king(The king of the volcano-city)'s rule Is supreme. Even If all the minor kings disagree, the Great king always does what he wants. It is very rare for a minor-king to not be a descendant of the Great king. There are very few slaves, but they are most common In the farthest city from the volcano.
Military: It Is made up of specially chosen Stofirkans that have been trained to fight ever since they learned to walk. The males train In sword fighting and spear fighting, and females are trained In javelin throwing and bow shooting.
Physical Description: They are bulky, humanoid creatures who appear to be made up of rock, but It's actually very hard grey flesh. The genders don't differ much except the females are shorter and the obvious parts. They are very weak to water, which Is like acid to them. Heat energizes them, but too much of it (Like lava temperature) They, like other species, will die from the heat.
Mental Description: They are peaceful people, they prefer to mind their own business, but will fight back If provoked.They have much respect for the minor kings, and have much, MUCH respect for the Great king. most of them are a little below average, but the wealthy Stofirkans and the minor kings are above average most of the time. the Great king Is of course, the most intelligent of all, even accepting teachers of a different species to teach the Great king.
Other:They are like the Greeks in terms of religious beliefs, they think of the Sun (called Fizus, temples are named after him) as the creator of the world, the clouds as his angels watching over them, and they tell stories of the Wilhe, a vast expanse of water (The ocean) that to them Is basically the Underworld. They even think that rain Is the doing of the gods. Also, they can eat rocks as well as meat (Rocks are like vegetables In almost every way to them, and gemstones are like sweets). The wear very simple clothing.

YAY WALL OF TEXT!

ubica88
ubica88
2,188 posts
Nomad

Name of Race: Dervans
Your Location: The hills
Hierachy:Military General,officers and solders are Dervans who rule rule over slaves-slaves are from your rival race, the Agalies.
General of all armies
Few High Ranking Officers
King Titular Title
Soldiers
Slaves
Military: Regular army size higly trained for protection of villages,patrols etc and in times of war and Slaves are mobilized
Physical Description: Humanoid about 2,5 m tall and muscular red eyes and black skin,2 horns on head
Mental Description: Xenophobic,Mad for defences and fortifications,Territorial,Sadistic
Population:300
Other: Dont care for other than their own race,Dark religion which involves sacrifacing slaves

Start questioning him about rebelion and if he dont want to talk touture him

DavidLS
DavidLS
651 posts
Nomad

Name of Race: Foxlins
Your Location: Open field near forest
Hierachy: 5 Elders lead the people. They themselves pick who will replace them.
Military: One big army of both genders lead by the youngest Elder.
Physical Description: Fox people. Males are 3 feet tall, females 2,5 feet tall. Often Brown fur, but sometimes they are born with red fur.
Mental Description: They are loyal to each other, but dislikes other speices. This makes them keep to themselves most of the time, but not afraid to fight.
Population: 700
Population: Staying the same.
Other: They are very religious, and worship many different gods. They believe the Elders have a special link with the gods.

We let the rabbits by untill we get better ways of hunting, and let the hunters back at the standard hunting prey. We still keeps gathering the potatoes and, in the meanwhile, try to find ways of improving the life quality of the tribe. We also send a messenger out to make people of the tribe sure, that the rabbit will not harm the tribe, and the gatherers of the potatoes will keep watch with them.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

The sheet is OP, however I don't actually wanna play. Thought this was multiplayer.

dechlan1
dechlan1
1,179 posts
Nomad

Name of Race: Furbians
Your Location: Beachy, coasty area.
Hierachy: Pack Leaders and Elders.
Military: Small packs of the little guys, no weapons except stuff they can throw and shells on their heads.
Physical Description: Small round furry creatures, big eyes and big mouths. Very plump and short, short stubby legs and arms, 2 fingers and 1 thumb on each hand. Sharp teeth but very stubby claws.
Mental Description: They are territorial creatures and are really smart in coordination and organisation but very dumb in common sense and or literacy skills as they have none.
Population:1000
Other: They originate from hedgehogs. They eat leaves and plant and small bugs.

Start getting our Elders to construct new weapons and tools while my soldiers continue patrols and safety checks. Also search for any predators or prey in a 3 mile radius, 3 packs will go searching.

eragonruler
eragonruler
34 posts
Nomad

Name of Race: Rubles
Your Location: A large slightly forested grass land
Hierachy: A form of republic with elected congress who decided many actions by a vote
Military: Smaller armies made up of manly light infantry and archers.
Physical Description: Much like humans slightly taller and pale.
Mental Description: They have slightly advanced intelligence but also have a natural need to compete for everything.
Population: 400
Other: They are skilled archers and hunters

Prepare for battle by given the soldiers a battle speech and set traps to lure the enemy into in a fake retreat action. (sorry it took me so long to reply my laptop needed to be repaired.)

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Name of Race: Lycans
Your Location: Dense Woods
Hierachy: -Alphas: most likely to lead the pack -Betas: Most likely to replace Alphas if they fall from grace -Subordinate: Any pack members that's not Alpha or Beta -Omega: Lowest pack member; Easily Sacrificed
Military: They fight in a berserker style, waiting until the dead of night to attack, and then burning and killing all in their wake.
Physical Description: The Lycans are a society of werewolves. They walk on two legs and have long, sharp claws.
Mental Description: Vicious, Unstable, and Loyal
Other: They believe that death in combat is the ultimate form of enlightenment. Those who die peacefully are dismissed as cowards and left to rot.

I'm intrigued.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

I'm adding a two new stats, and changing one. Location is now land controlled, and I'm adding land discovered. As well, there will now be a technology stat. There is no solid research tree, and technology will often vary player-to-player. You'll usually succeed, or I'll give you the next best thing realistic, unless you do stupid stuff. Like invent the shovel when you're a race of ground-hating birds.

Land Controlled: Large Forest. Is assualted by wolves though.
Other Land Found:To Be Added
Technology: Spears, javelins, stone walls, I forget if there was anything else.
Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves
Physical Description: Silver, three horns on head. They average three feet in height.
*If I change something I already said, forgive me. I didn't make the CS as organised as I should have and I'm just making stuff (plotwise. I'm actually doing a lot of research.) up for several civilizations. It really is hard with the way I set it up, could you tell me in your next post if I've already told you about other areas?*

Your people develop the javelin, similar to the spear but lighter and smaller. This hasn't been developed before since there wasn't a need, but now that you're expanding and with the threat of wolves, it has been agreed that the more weaponry the better. You have made small, sturdy buildings surrounded by the sturdiest, largest stone wall your scouts could make on short notice, all around the edges of the forest. The wolves however are learning to ambush soldiers while they are hunting for food, and due to these kills you population stays about neutral. Due to your small population though, you can't truly control much territory, but if you wanted you probaly could succesfully move.

Land Controlled: Roughly the center of the island, beside a large lake. Is rivaled by wargs though.
Other Lands Found: Stone axe.
Counsel members
Warriors
Commoners
Physical Description: They don't really have a gender, but most other tribes referred to them as "he". Look kinda like dragons, but more human, they average 2M tall, musculous body and don't have wings (excepting the Alpha and Omega)

Your research attempt suceeds, as you people have long ago found that wood floats quite well, and ever since then they have been midly curious about making some sort of floating structure with it, but fallen, rotten logs were not strong enough. Enthralled with the idea of getting fresh logs whenever they wish, you people create the stone axe. Made by jamming a sharp rock, often sharpened by banging against other rocks, into a large peice of wood. This stone is the whacked against a tree until it is cut thouroughly enough so that one of the larger members of the village can charge it and knock it down.

Name of Race: Stofirkans
Location Controlled: An extinct volcano at the center of the island.
Locations found: A forest surrounding the volcano.
Hierachy: Every city has It's own minor king, But the Great king(The king of the volcano-city)'s rule Is supreme. Even If all the minor kings disagree, the Great king always does what he wants. It is very rare for a minor-king to not be a descendant of the Great king. There are very few slaves, but they are most common In the farthest city from the volcano.
Military: It Is made up of specially chosen Stofirkans that have been trained to fight ever since they learned to walk. The males train In sword fighting and spear fighting, and females are trained In javelin throwing and bow shooting.
Physical Description: They are bulky, humanoid creatures who appear to be made up of rock, but It's actually very hard grey flesh. The genders don't differ much except the females are shorter and the obvious parts. They are very weak to water, which Is like acid to them. Heat energizes them, but too much of it (Like lava temperature) They, like other species, will die from the heat.
Mental Description: They are peaceful people, they prefer to mind their own business, but will fight back If provoked.They have much respect for the minor kings, and have much, MUCH respect for the Great king. Most of them are a little below average, but the wealthy Stofirkans and the minor kings are above average intelligence most of the time. The Great king Is of course, the most intelligent of all on average, even accepting teachers of a different species to teach the Great king.
Other: The grand palace Is the highest cave on a volcano, And other settlements are small houses made out of rocks and sticks In the desert around the volcano. The city where the grand palace resides Is in the volcano like the grand palace. (The volcano is extinct).
They are like the Greeks in terms of religious beliefs, they think of the Sun (called Fizus, temples are named after him) as the creator of the world, the clouds as his angels watching over them, and they tell stories of the Wilhe, a vast expanse of water (The ocean) that to them Is basically the Underworld. They even think that rain Is the doing of the gods. Also, they can eat rocks as well as meat (Rocks are like vegetables In almost every way to them, and gemstones are like sweets). The wear very simple clothing.

I've made some changes since the beginning. I'm going to adjust your character sheet minorly so that it fits, if you'd like to quit or change anything your fine to do so. Your species cannot be 'weak' to water, since they will need to drink it to live. Even mild cold though is fine. As well, rocks cannot sustain them completely, and they will always need other foods. This is because of rocks not having proper nutrients. Finally, simply because I didn't think logically about populations during the beginning, your population is smaller. Maybe enough to have a small volcano town and a couple places for hunters and gatherers live to be closer to the forest. Sorry for all the restrictions. Oh, and this is not multiplayer.

Controlled Location: The hills, slightly to the east of the island.
Found locations: Thick forest to the south, north, and west. To the east are Agalien terrotories of which little is known, besides for that the closest parts are hills similar to your own.
Technology: Wood axes with a stone blade, used purely for battle.
Hierachy:Military General,officers and solders are Dervans who rule rule over slaves-slaves are from your rival race, the Agalies.
General of all armies
King Titular Title
Soldiers
Slaves
Military: Regular army size higly trained for protection of villages,patrols etc and in times of war and Slaves are mobilized
Physical Description: Humanoid about 2,5 m tall and muscular red eyes and black skin,2 horns on head
Mental Description: Xenophobic,Mad for defences and fortifications,Territorial,Sadistic
Other: Dont care for other than their own race,Dark religion which involves sacrifacing slaves.

He answers none of your questions, even when tortured. Eventually he dies from all of it. As the generals predicted, there have been no talk of the rebellion since this. Some of the higher ranking officers are talking of renewing the war with the Agaliens as well, thinking that now is as good of a time as ever to take back lands from those scum.

Name of Race: Foxlins
Location Controlled: Open field near forest
Location Discovered: Deep Forest.
Technology:
Hierachy: 5 Elders lead the people. They themselves pick who will replace them.
Military: One big army of both genders lead by the youngest Elder.
Physical Description: Fox people. Males are 3 feet tall, females 2,5 feet tall. Often Brown fur, but sometimes they are born with red fur.
Mental Description: They are loyal to each other, but dislikes other speices. This makes them keep to themselves most of the time, but not afraid to fight.
Population: 700
Population: Staying the same.
Other: They are very religious, and worship many different gods. They believe the Elders have a special link with the gods.

*I've forgotten a lot about what I've previously stated about you. Please remind me about your tech level and the lands I've told you about in your next post.*

I can't write any more because I'm really tired right now.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Other Land Found: To Be Added
Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves

(You have not told me about other areas/regions.)
We Rychusiors are a stubborn people, so we stay. Hunters are given the option to join training, so that they are better readied for a wolf ambush. I also train a new javelin-wielding warrior that takes out wolves from afar. I research defense.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

Land Controlled: Roughly the center of the island, beside a large lake. Is rivaled by wargs though.
Other Lands Found: Stone axe.
Counsel members
Warriors
Commoners

Wait, other lands found:Stone axe??? o.O

Anyway, they research the stone pick-axe now (to mine stone and maybe ore?).

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Name of Race: Furbians
Locations Controlled: Beachy, coastal area. East side of island.
Lands Found: Forest to the west and north, rocky coast to the south. Ocean to the east.
Hierachy: Pack Leaders and Elders.
Military: Small packs of the little guys, no weapons except stuff they can throw and shells on their heads.
Physical Description: Small round furry creatures, big eyes and big mouths. Very plump and short, short stubby legs and arms, 2 fingers and 1 thumb on each hand. Sharp teeth but very stubby claws.
Mental Description: They are territorial creatures and are really smart in coordination and organisation but very dumb in common sense and or literacy skills as they have none.
Population:1000
Other: They originate from hedgehogs. They eat leaves and plant and small bugs.

*Sorry if I get anything wrong in the locations found part. I haven't been keeping records as well as I should have been.*

After much time and work, your people have found how to create artificial sharp rocks!!! Simply put, if one pushes one rock against another in a sliding motion while using considerable force, it chips away parts of the rock. This creates a narrower edge, and if one puts a lot of work into it, even a point. This is a breakthrough, and will help with not only the defence of terrotories but also with the cracking open of hard nuts.
Armed with their new weaponry, the soldiers confidently go into the forest in search of The Beasts. None are found, however the mission for meat goes with amazing sucess. All the packs together find what must be four hundred assorted bugs, stored in their fur until reaching the main settlement. The abundance of food relaxes your citizens from the temporary panic that held them after that one citizen died.

Name of Race: Rubles
Your Location: A large slightly forested grass land
Hierachy: A form of republic with elected congress who decided many actions by a vote
Military: Smaller armies made up of manly light infantry and archers.
Physical Description: Much like humans slightly taller and pale.
Mental Description: They have slightly advanced intelligence but also have a natural need to compete for everything.
Other: They are skilled archers and hunters

The speech, given by the most charismatic member of the congress, is delivered with great success. The trap plan however failed miserably however, since the enemy army continued at their gruelingly slow pace, only with increased vigilance and larger patrols. They disarm almost all of the traps, and are getting increasingly colser to your capital. By the best estimates of the advisors to congress, they will be at the walls in a weeks time, given that they don't change pace.

Name of Race: Lycans
Locations found: Dense Woods
Locations controlled:
Technology: Nothing whatsoever, as nothing is needed.
Hierachy: -Alphas: Leader of the pack -Betas: Most likely to replace Alphas if they fall from grace -Subordinate: Any pack members that's not Alpha or Beta -Omega: Lowest pack member; Easily Sacrificed
Military: They fight in a berserker style, waiting until the dead of night to attack, and then everyone joins in on the burning and killing all in their wake.
Physical Description: The Lycans are a society of werewolves. They walk on two legs and have long, sharp claws.
Mental Description: Vicious, Unstable, and Loyal. Not the sharpest tools in the shed though.
Other: They believe that death in combat is the ultimate form of enlightenment. Those who die peacefully are dismissed as cowards and left to rot. So that everyone has a chance to go to the Great Battlefield after death, all members over thirty years old (35 is the average age to die at of old age) have an oppurtunity to participate in an elders only gladiator fight.

*They don't transform, right? Because since that's impossible I couldn't allow it. I've added a couple of details too, tell me if you don't like them.*

Recently among your people, a new religion has arisen. It is known as 'Shuwerial', and proposes that the eldest and wisest figures are the most important. As well, for your soul to truly find peace, you most never kill nor harm another lest it be an emergency. This directly opposes the current religion known as 'Dreybuxle', that says that the greatest warriors and the fittest are most important, and the only way for your soul to find peace is to die in a fight of some sort. It is unknown how this new set of beliefs arose, but however it did it most but stomped out. Otherwise, a civil war of unprecedented propotions (and the propotions were already pretty big) could break out and divide your people forever.

Other Land Found: To Be Added
Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves

Other Land Found: Deep, deep forest to the west and south, mountains to the north, ocean to the east.
Technology: Spears, javelins, stone walls.
Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves
Mental Description: Respect, yet love war. Very stubborn.

Your scouts have given you more detailed reports of what lays outside the forest. To the south and west are simply more forest, of which would take many days, maybe even weeks, to cross. To the north a conical pillars of rock that are massive, much taller than even the tallest tree. And to the east is something that dwarfs even the great pieces of rock, a vast expanse of water. None can see to the end in any direction, and it the common belief that such a thing could not truly exist and the scouts either have bad eyesight or are liars.
All hunters, fearful of losing their lives, all join training. Taught by wolf encounter survivors, it teaches how to properly wield a spear not just for hunting prey that fears you but for dealing with enemies you fear. As well, the javelin hunters can throw to twenty meters away with great accuracy, and one joins every hunting expedition. They were a great sucess as well, weaking the wolf and slowing it down for the trained hunters to finish it off.

Other Lands Found: None.
Technology:Stone axe.
Counsel members
Warriors
Commoners

The same people who brought the population of Drakonians the stone axe have brought them the stone pick! Used to provide more stone for the production of axes, there a many a wood choppers now. And with all the wood choppers, many people have been pressuring for a project to develop of a way to explore the lake. Your people can swim fairly well, but to have an actually platform would break all precious limits.

ubica88
ubica88
2,188 posts
Nomad

Controlled Location: The hills, slightly to the east of the island.
Found locations: Thick forest to the south, north, and west. To the east are Agalien terrotories of which little is known, besides for that the closest parts are hills similar to your own.
Technology: Wood axes with a stone blade, used purely for battle.
General of all armies
King Titular Title
Soldiers
Slaves
Other: Dont care for other than their own race,Dark religion which involves sacrifacing slaves.

Tell my officers and solders to try to think about new weapons before we go to war like: swords,shields etc.

Showing 76-90 of 138