ForumsForum GamesThe Unending War of the Towers

461 79262
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Hello, and welcome to the latest (as of September 29, 2013) forum game of Nilo & Sons!

The basic point of the Unending War of the Towers is simply to try to destroy everyone else's tower while trying to keep yours well. The first time you post on this thread, a new tower magically appears in a vast grassy plain with the banners of your House. This tower you have to defend whilst strategically laying waste to the other towers.

Whilst the amount of rules is limited in this game, there are several that must be obeyed. 1: Godmodding is strictly forbidden. And 2. Your actions must be realistic, or at least, you must provide a logical way in which it could happen. Furthermore, the general forum rules must be obeyed as well. If any given action is proven to be unrealistic or hinged on godmodding, that action shall be pronounced null and void by the Opening poster.

Try to be as creative as possible! The towers can be destroyed, alliances can be formed, minions can be recruited and sent to die, and bloody clowns can be the protagonists of a great battle in which no clear victor shall arise. You know, it is not called 'Unending' just because.

So, it is brother against brother and brother against sister and sister against brother an....uh...you get the point.

• 461 Replies
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Wow. You people certainly were active during my short weekend absence.

Could anyone please do a short recap for me? The ones who do so will receive the special gift of the equivalent to 0.01 Nillars (Nilo Dollars). Any volunteers?

bar10022
bar10022
13 posts
Peasant

My tower is suspended (by wires suspended from a pave low) over the plain and also under the spot where i am has 5 tons of indestructible land mines spread out in web-like chain formation (in a 1 hundred mile radius) that cant be detonated by my tower or anything affiliated with my tower

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Well Nilo, ill summary -
Me, Nerdsoft and stealth united under the Calmary Union. As Nilo turn aggresive over Darkfire, we and evilsweet crushed him and rescued Dark, who is on the Union now as well.
Me and Evilsweet had an.... disagreement, bit i belive we are cool now.

We formed a HQ for fighting the creeper Nexus thingy, with Heros from each nation (everyone have speical ones). Nerdsoft manage it, as him for more spesific details.

And i hereby declear, that my "good" paladins will be not quite good now.
I still dont like nacromancy, but i wont bother "Dark" theme and stuffs. Im out of the "good theme" closet.

I send evilsweet is Dark knights back.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

BTW Bar, a few points-
A) We are medieval-fantasy-steampunk theme. No mines and stuffs like that please...
B) You cant just call something "indestructible".
C) in general - no God modding.

Have fun!

I build up my grey elves and orginize them more properly.
I also rise green drakes in the forest.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Getting my darkknights make me happy I use the irons and metals mined from the ground in the forest in which the trees I am cutting, and pool these together to make anti-sea cannons, and build more dreadnaughts. with at least 870 dreadnaughts in my main defence, and 140 in a squadron of veteran bowmen and pikemen. I have a concil with my returning darkknights and new ones, and discuss about religious change. They will not re-convert to another religion. after doing this, the veteran dark knights train new Darkknights and the soldiers are guarding the new wall construction, and the few pyromancers I have start to train others that are also gifted to the magics. A time of great droughthas succumbed to my land, killing hundreds of people as well, I need supplies or I will surely crumble to the dust as did (Whats his face?) that.... other guy that died....

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

I expand the village that is around my tower, I then increase tax by 20% and I move the earth wall further out from my tower to make room for new houses, blacksmith shops, market stands, barracks and I build fire breathing dragon heads made out of magma as turrets on my wall.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Sorry for dp, I forgot something, I send 100 water mages and 50 carts full of supplies to evil sweet block and my mages summon all the water you need and I give you the supplies then I call the water mages back to my tower.
I also build a few more farms in my village.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Stealth, lets make a joint operation of building a "kings road" between our towers. Trade will fill our wallets.

Nerdsoft, do you still wish to break off the union? I swear not to be too eager from now on...

I put the grey elves on the drakes.

The geography magicians rise a line of mountains to be set between my Peninsula and the mainland, with 3 major vallies crossing them (something like ###|#|#|## { # - mountains, | - road }.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

BTW Bar, a few points-
A) We are medieval-fantasy-steampunk theme. No mines and stuffs like that please...
B) You cant just call something "indestructible".
C) in general - no God modding.

Congratulations, Danielo. Your balance in the NiloBank is now $0.01. Thank you for your interest in our business!

--

Since most of you united under a single banner, I shall provide a strong enemy to challenge your forces!

--

Given the immense ethereal disruption caused by all the mages, a massive force spawns from the sky and crashes against the Earth, precisely where Nilo's tower used to be. The force builds itself into a tall Black triangle immediately upon falling. Smaller triangles appear around it, and a black, hard obsidian wall constructs itself around the complex.

Out of the gates of the terrible compound, fell creatures begin to march outside and commence pillaging the land around, killing many people and cattle, and eating their charred remains.

--

-BLACK TRIANGLE BOSS-
Strengths: Resistance to magic.
Weaknesses: Unknown.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

What have we done....

Do you guys gonna dig up or go to an offensive?

Anywho, i throw some dwarves into the moubtains, and again "unite" them under one puppet king. I order them to fortify the mountains and espeicaly the mountains passes.
I send my navy to help securing the shores from these awfull creatures and helping to fleeing refugees.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

moubtains, and again "unite" them under one puppet king. I order them to fortify the mountains and espeicaly the mountains passes.

No mountains in the world. The UWotT world is considered to be a flat single-continent landmass in the middle an ocean, meaning that if you sail too far away from the continent your ship falls into the void...Oh, and the landscape is rolling plains & lush countryside.

I send my navy to help securing the shores from these awfull creatures and helping to fleeing refugees.

This is taking place at the centre of this continent, so the navy would be pretty much useless :/
neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

Wah, screw this, I detonate my tower and it kills and destroying EVERYTHING in this land, except us. WHY?! Simply because danielo and nerdsoft are so freaking crazy to win this game that they make everything so complicate to understand that I CANT ******* UNDERSTAND ANYMORE WTF IS GOING ON! AM I FIGHTING AN IDIOT OR 2?!

*Sozzy, I over-raged*

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Wah, screw this, I detonate my tower and it kills and destroying EVERYTHING in this land, except us. WHY?! Simply because danielo and nerdsoft are so freaking crazy to win this game that they make everything so complicate to understand that I CANT ******* UNDERSTAND ANYMORE WTF IS GOING ON! AM I FIGHTING AN IDIOT OR 2?!

*Sozzy, I over-raged*

There is no way to win this game. The OP always wins
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

What the hell Nilo?! I'd colonised that city! As for you Neo, no. Your force-field is still active, so the blast is absorbed. Now that that's over with, I detonate my payload of 520 tonnes of explosives, 600 Fusion Glyphs, huge quantities of eagle man poop and... some other flammable knick-knacks.
Remember how I said it was placed underneath the source of the Creeper? Well I meant neo, since he's the one who originally made the horrible stuff. Hooray for slimy politician-ness! I think this will kill quite a few of the Triangle-bringing mages - without any cost to the Union or the Alliance. Yes, I'm staying in both, but the Octopus Alliance is more about trade and diplomacy. Anyone want to increase their profits by, like, a BAJILLION PERCENT?!
As for the triangle, I immediately use some magic to make everyone forget about the Nexus, therefore making it not exist. I also make more bombs to fire at the triangle monster and frantically make more Fusion Glyphs. I won't use direct magic, I'll use magically superheated and irradiated AP shells.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Neo, you dont know how much i feel bad for this incident........
Sorry?

Come on ol' chape! Rebuild! Remember when i was a mongolian pigman scum?

I have some puppet kingdomes. Ill give you one to rule if you wish....

And for the confusion, i belivethat the nexus became this black pyramid. Netdsoft is leading the Anti-Nilo Randomes HQ.

I send my paladins clerics bards and rangers to swip the land and try to save as many as possible. They will serve as a vanguard, dealing with "bosses", while a central force of the french cheese pikemans push the frontline and the Swiss cheese halberdiards clearing the rear. This way i move toward a safe distance (Kilometers, not a shooting range or somehing).

Does anyone give a hand?

Showing 286-300 of 461