ForumsForum GamesAG High Court

180 41139
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

There seems to have been an issue going on between @MattEmAngel and @StormWalker that needs to be settled in court. The dispute has been going on in the 'AG Love Circle 2015' thread, so much that mods had to have shut it down. Now, here's how this is gonna work:

We're gonna settle this in an orderly fashion, court case style.
Roles:
@JACKinbigletters -Judge
@Doombreed - Bailiff
@Pieguyme - Jury member
@TheMostManlyMan - Jury member
@FishPreferred - Jury member
@nivlac724 - Jury member
@evilsweetblock - Jury member
@MattEmAngel - Matt's lawyer
@Riptizoid101 - Storm's lawyer
@MattEmAngel - Defendant
@StormWalker - Plaintiff
@apldeap123 - Court recorder

Now, if anyone would like to apply to be part of the jury (1 spot left), Matt's lawyer or Storm's lawyer, please say it here. The hearing begins in two days!

Edit: pick wasn't really involved in this from the start. Pie was, though.
Edit: Yes, Matt is going to defend himself.
Edit: Hopefully Jack can show up in time for the trial, if not, the trial is rescheduled for Thursday, March 5, at 3:30 EST. Everyone needs to be online for this to work.
Edit: Trial has been moved to Thursday, March 5, at 3:30 pm EST. All must show up at that designated time or will face charges of failure to appear before court when summoned.
Edit: Jury size has been downsized from 9 to 5. Positions still open!

• 180 Replies
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

I'm glad the judge is on his eternal lunch break. Ooh ooh can I be the judge? I proclaim Matt guilty! =D

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

How about...no?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Or u could always duke it out the way most normal people do on the internet and flame each other with half-thought out insults :^)

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Or u could always duke it out the way most normal people do on the internet and flame each other with half-thought out insults :^)

Shut up turd herding book sniffer.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

I motion for Rip to be exiled from court for being a big poopy head.

Motion denied, get out of my courtroom.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Did the plaintiff's representative just call for a dismissal?

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Uh...I'm back from dinner. What just happened...?

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

LETS SETTLE THIS THE OLD FASHIONED WAY
*Pushes in a cart full of weapons*
MATT, YOU MAY HAVE TWO WEAPONS. STORM YOU MAY HAVE TWO WEAPONS. THE ONLY RULE IS FIGHT TO THE DEATH!

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Uh...I'm back from dinner. What just happened...?

Apparently, the accuser has just submitted a nolle proseque.
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Oh, now did she? (By nolle proseque, I assume you mean the person in question does not want to go to trial.)

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

That (I assume you meant to say "not&quot, and Jack also didn't show up.
*bam* Rescheduled to tomorrow. Objections?

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Fine....but there's an angry crowd out there wanting to lynch you.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Wwait I missed the change to fight to the death? Curses. Well let's lynch Matt

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Riptizoid101, who is representing Storm, instructed Matt to leave the courtroom. According to the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure, a defendant cannot be tried if he is not present, unless he waives the associated rights or is deemed by the court to be unfit for an appearance. Therefore, this suggests that the plaintiff wishes to withdraw.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Riptizoid101, who is representing Storm, instructed Matt to leave the courtroom. According to the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure, a defendant cannot be tried if he is not present, unless he waives the associated rights or is deemed by the court to be unfit for an appearance. Therefore, this suggests that the plaintiff wishes to withdraw.

O-oh. We're taking that comment seriously? Um in that case, n-no? I still want to prosecute Matt. Or maybe call for a bill of attainder. Cause like this is the internet and also Armor Games' rules and therefore lol @ US laws. But if that's not possible, I retract my previous statement and get on with the trial.

Side note, we could always go for a fight to the death. Messier, but quicker and more entertaining to watch, probably.

Showing 121-135 of 180