ForumsThe Tavernwho will teach better? nice teachers or strict teachers?

114 45178
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

right now i have a nice teacher. and i think she has been my best teacher so far in life.

• 114 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I can agree with that, all the strict teachers I've had have kept to me a strict schedule which was difficult at first, but quickly became manageable.

yes but as you said it is hard to manage at first and you have to think, a lot of people give up on teachers sometimes, I did once and maybe having a nice teacher would be great.
hojoko
hojoko
508 posts
Peasant

It really depends on the teacher. I had a band teacher who was strict beyond belief, but we were one of the best middle school bands around. On the other hand, my nicest teacher was my third grade teacher, and that has been my most productive year since ever.

The real question is how would you teach? Would you be a strict, military teacher or a kind, forgiving one?

Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

As I would personally like a nice teacher, that really wouldn't get me anywhere.

Nice teachers generally let a lot of things slide, which leads to kids thinking they can talk and do other crap during that hour. And doing so you don't learn anything, and over time this tacher ,ay become strict and grouchy.

Strict teachers really don't give you a lot of time to do anything. They may give you1-2 minutes to get ready, but then it's learning about stuff you don't like for the next hour, these teachers are generally TP'ed. But strict teachers tend to teach you more stuff.

So overall, I'd rather go strict. I'm not a troublemaker generally so I wouldn't have a problem.

RenegadePlayer
RenegadePlayer
684 posts
Nomad

well nice to an extent... if youre too nice and let your class watch movies or do something off topic strict... you need a balance for everything

bgerm52
bgerm52
645 posts
Nomad

I would be a nice teacher because I naturually dont like yelling at people [Well.............. most of the time]

RenegadePlayer
RenegadePlayer
684 posts
Nomad

if they're too nice they might let you watch movies and slack, if they're too mean the lecture you to the point you dont learn :P

fierboy151
fierboy151
27 posts
Peasant

I think you can be nice but strict. I have an English teacher, and everybody loves her over the other one who teaches the same subject. Why? Because the other teacher says "You are an idiot." Mine says, "Well, you need to pick it up a bit" but what she means is "You are an idiot." There is some balance there.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

A teacher must have a certain level of strictness, that said they also need a sense of when to be lenient. A teacher who can be a fair judge of effort and is engaging and treats you as a person and not just as a student is a good teacher.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

A nicely strict teacher?

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

depends all on the class. a class full of dumb bad kids needs to be wipped into shape. a class of smart cooperative kids needs a nice teacher that understands things.

there is nothing worse than a strict teacher beating up on a good class

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

there is nothing worse than a strict teacher beating up on a good class

yes although maybe a dumb class needs a nice teacher to encourage them to do better.
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

A teacher should never be mean to the class. That's unprofessional behavior that should be reported to the principal.
My definition of a great teacher is someone that loves what they do. They go the extra mile for each student, not pets.

The worst teacher I ever had was back in the corporal punishment days. If you really want to know had bad it was, post me on my profile.
The best teacher I ever had was Mrs. Gibson. She had the softest voice, like everyone's grandmother but she had a special way of keeping us on task and focused no matter how rowdy a few students would get.
I person who loses control and shouts, raises their voice,(other than gym coaches), shouldn't teach. They have issues that they should be leaving at home and not dragging into the classroom!

Amitkevincloskey
Amitkevincloskey
265 posts
Nomad

Well, a nice teacher is the best. When there is a strict teacher, we study because we fear her.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

A teacher should never be mean to the class. That's unprofessional behavior that should be reported to the principal.
My definition of a great teacher is someone that loves what they do. They go the extra mile for each student, not pets.

The worst teacher I ever had was back in the corporal punishment days. If you really want to know had bad it was, post me on my profile.
The best teacher I ever had was Mrs. Gibson. She had the softest voice, like everyone's grandmother but she had a special way of keeping us on task and focused no matter how rowdy a few students would get.
I person who loses control and shouts, raises their voice,(other than gym coaches), shouldn't teach. They have issues that they should be leaving at home and not dragging into the classroom!

You feel very strongly about this don't you, there's a point when softness becomes obsolete, as a kid I can honestly say that if my teachers had never raised their voices we would have eaten them alive. There is a difference between yelling/screaming and raising your voice, after all often times a teacher has to raise their voice to be heard over the chatter in the class room. Most students in general while not rowdy are highly talkative, in a classroom of 30, where all 30 are talking at the same time, it gets loud fast.
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

I Would Rather Nice Teacher whom will let you listen to music and text!

Showing 46-60 of 114