ForumsThe Tavernwho will teach better? nice teachers or strict teachers?

114 45179
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

right now i have a nice teacher. and i think she has been my best teacher so far in life.

• 114 Replies
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Depends who you teach really, if it's a disobedient group then a chatty, challenging half-nice person would be best. As proven by the lowest set in my year group (Year 8, 8th Grade). A strict teacher is only good for extremely disobedient people though, or if a good group starts falling down a bit too much.
So far I have different teachers for different things, quite often we get good teachers. But there is one Welsh Teacher we have, she is just awful, I mean, don't get me wrong, we got higher levels than ever but, she is just cruel and demanding for little reason. Especially since Welsh isn't even used hardly (I live in Wales) in Wales or other countries, it's just sad and a waste of time.

Other than that I think I proved my point, but it often does depend, and there's more than 2 types of teachers remember !

- H

iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

Depends who you teach really, if it's a disobedient group then a chatty, challenging half-nice person would be best. As proven by the lowest set in my year group (Year 8, 8th Grade). A strict teacher is only good for extremely disobedient people though, or if a good group starts falling down a bit too much.

Yes.

For me, the teachers that know how to challenge you are best. Challenge, as in they know where to stop instead of giving you work constantly. But sometimes, it's the teacher's job to cram some work in because you need to learn it for whatever big test is coming up.
1,855 posts
Nomad

I would like a nice teacher, but not a teacher that's so nice you don't do any work.

strict teacher would keep talking about lectures and end the class with an empty brain. and probably give you detention for speaking wrongly.

Hey look that's my math teacher! :P
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Regardless of whether they are nice or strict, those that know how to teach the subject are better than just teachers who know their stuff. You can have all the knowledge of Calculus in the world and it won't mean squat-diddly if you can't teach it in a coherent manner. That being said, you have to know the subject in order to teach it well XD

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

It also depends on the subject

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Nice and strict are not opposite. When united, the perfect combination is born.

CubeAddict420
CubeAddict420
162 posts
Nomad

I find nice teachers teach me better, and strict teachers suck

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Remember nice teachers let you slack and strict ones get you used to the hard way

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

Nice ones. The strict ones shove it in your face and expect you to learn it all in one day while being constantly yelled at. The Nice teachers take the time to let everyone learn at thier own pace, and will be glad to help you if you have a problem.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

people get used to them. (strict teachers)

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

In my opinion a mix. I like nice teachers who understand your problems and help you solve them, but not so lenient that they don't care if you do your homework or not.

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

yes although maybe a dumb class needs a nice teacher to encourage them to do better.

a dumb class maybe but not a well behaved class
armordude321
armordude321
59 posts
Nomad

nice teachers will because when they are not pissed off at you they are nice and you can pay attention

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Strict, they make you strive to learn it cause if you don't you fear the conseconeses. Nice teachers make it ethier go to slow or make you lay back to much and actually don't know what your learning.

LordofAges
LordofAges
21 posts
Shepherd

See, I find this a possible conflict. Some teachers can actually be strict while also very nice, so it can depend. But anyway, there are many arguments for both sides and many have already been stated. Either one could be true.

Showing 61-75 of 114