ForumsForum GamesBattle Strategy Club

170 22848
WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

It's time for battle! Do you have what it takes to make a good plan to survive a real life like simulated battle? The Battle Strategy Club will create many real like battle situations where you put yourself in the shoes of a soldier in that situation. Like the survival clubs on AG, in this club, members will have to make a plan for each part of the scenario that would keep them alive. At the beginning of each scenario you will be given,
-Time and location
-Equipment and other personal you have with you
-Info about the enemy
-Important info about elements that affect your decisions
-The goal to achieve victory
Before you start participating in the club you must enlist with the WarGeneral. As members complete scenarios they will move up in rank.
Let the battle begin!

Scenario #1 3/2/2010

Time- Day 4:30pm
Location- Iraq desert between mountain range
Conditions- Sunny, temp 80, wind 40mph north
Personal- 12 soldiers total, 1 medic, 1 engineer, 10 infantry
Equipment- 3 humvee's, 2 are damaged, every soldier has one water jug,flare,basic uniform, and 25 mile cb radio, infantry has M4 with 2 extra clips, medic has med pac, engineer has basic tools to disarm explosives.

Part one- The convoy of the 3 humvee's with the 12 soldiers left camp Bravo and are traveling a back road that cuts through the montains to get to camp Delta, which is 50 miles east of camp Bravo. At 4:30pm, 20 miles west of camp Bravo the convoy gets hit with a road side bomb destroying the first two humvee's. In the first Humvee, the driver and front pasenger get killed(infantry). The engineer and another infantry soldier get badly injured enough to not make them mobile. In the secound humvee, Two infantry soldiers get minor wounds, but are still mobile, the other two are fine. The medic and the other three infantry soldiers in the third humvee are fine.
The mountains block radio contact to either base until you are only 5 miles away from them. 10 miles to the south is a small village(pop 8000) were most residents are hostile towards you. The Intel claims there is a 10-20 man enemy unit on foot with ak47s the patrols the village every 2 hours. The residents in the village have radios that could reach the base and food. The road were the convoy was hit is patroled by a 10-20 man enemy unit with trucks and ak47s that go up and down the road at 30mph.

You are the squad leader(a infantry soldier). You need to recover the convoy from the bomb and then plan what to do befor night hits(7:30pm).

• 170 Replies
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Ok two soldiers died so that makes 10. The engineer and another infantry soldier is not mobile so they can't walk anywhere. The road is undrivable so can't drive back to the base. I would put the two injured soldiers in the working humvee and drive off road south one mile to get them off the road and hidden from the enemy. Once hidden I would wait until dark to take 7 infantry soldiers to try to walk back to camp Bravo to get help. Leave the medic and one other infantry soldier to say with the injured.

DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

so do I get a rank in the club?

WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

so do I get a rank in the club?

You are now enlisted in the club as a private.
MrAutomatic
MrAutomatic
296 posts
Nomad

Hey, you're the general! Why aren't you doing something about this?

1,855 posts
Nomad

I would go off-road (to avoid I.E.Ds and the enemy) and turn the lights of the Humvees off. Then, I would put the injured soldiers in the middle Humvee, and the soldiers that weren't injured in the front and back Humvees for defense just in case. Once we were within 5 miles of the base, I would radio in for them to do an air strike on the area the enemy was in whenever they were doing the 2 hourly walks.

WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

I would go off-road (to avoid I.E.Ds and the enemy) and turn the lights of the Humvees off. Then, I would put the injured soldiers in the middle Humvee, and the soldiers that weren't injured in the front and back Humvees for defense just in case. Once we were within 5 miles of the base, I would radio in for them to do an air strike on the area the enemy was in whenever they were doing the 2 hourly walks

Ok but remember that two of the humvees have been destroyed and the engineer was badly injured so he will be unable to fix the them. Also once off road you would not be able to drive back in the humvee to a base, you could only walk back off the road. The injured engineer and infantry soldier are unable to walk.
Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

Alright so we are 30 miles away from camp delta correct?
And we have lost 2 soldiers. So that gives me my self, 6 other infantry a medic and a badly wounded engineer and infantry man.
I would tell one of my lightly wounded infantry guys to drive the working humvee, (destroy the other two, so the Taliban can't get a hold of them) put the engineer and infantry man in there and let the medic work on them, and place the other slightly wounded infantry man on the 50 cal. on top (I'm guessing there is one). And put the two dead soldiers in the back of it (never leave a man behind). So that would give me and 4 others to lead the humvee. Myself, and two other soldiers in front and two others in the rear for protection. Shut the lights off on the humvee and the driver would wear NVG's if necessary. I would then take the engineers equipment and continue down the road to search of any road side bombs and diffuse them with the engineer's instructions. We will eventually get within 5 miles of the base and I would call in air support and a medi evac. Mission accomplished.
- Is that good?? There probably are some flaws with it just tell me and I'll fix them!

Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

OOh and adding to my plan, take the two dead soldiers' equipment and everything we can get out of the two humvees before we blow them up

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I am going to move this thread to the forum games later on today. If you don't see it here, look there.

Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

Yea that would be a better spot for this, thanks.

PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,707 posts
Nomad

Get all the guys into the working humvee put the minor injured people as a driver, and passenger beside him. Use the dead to block the entrance of the humvee as a human shield (in case of attack by patrol and they try to board the humvee). Put a non-injured man the gun at the top of humvee. Try to get the two imboile men in the working humvee as smoothly as possible. Then drive off road with lights off asap and try to get within radio distance asap and ask for a medi evac and air support and ask them to bomb the road out of existance where the broken humvees are to kill the enemy patrol (and hope for the Taliban wounded and die a slow and painful death to make up for our deaths and injuries).

PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,707 posts
Nomad

put the minor injured people as a driver,

I mean non injured.
WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

I would then take the engineers equipment and continue down the road to search of any road side bombs and diffuse them with the engineer's instructions. We will eventually get within 5 miles of the base and I would call in air support and a medi evac. Mission accomplished.

If you were to go down the road back to camp you would be going slow because you would be searching and possibly diffusing other bombs. The 10-20 man enemy patrol would most likely catch up to you and kill everyone. Other than that, not a bad plan.
WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

Get all the guys into the working humvee put the minor injured people as a driver, and passenger beside him. Use the dead to block the entrance of the humvee as a human shield (in case of attack by patrol and they try to board the humvee). Put a non-injured man the gun at the top of humvee. Try to get the two imboile men in the working humvee as smoothly as possible. Then drive off road with lights off asap and try to get within radio distance asap and ask for a medi evac and air support and ask them to bomb the road out of existance where the broken humvees are to kill the enemy patrol (and hope for the Taliban wounded and die a slow and painful death to make up for our deaths and injuries).

Remember that the road is a mountain back road so a humvee will not be able to drive in the mountain. The humvee can't go very far of the road. Also it would hard to get 10 soldiers to fit in one humvee.
PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,707 posts
Nomad

[/quote] Change of plan ditch the vehicles all of them, kill the one immobile soldier, try to patch up the engineer, then get everyone to hide off road a little way up the mountain, and make them hide as good as possible. Send two uninjured soldiers to the village to go in stealthily as possible and tell them to get a radio and ask for a medi evac at their chosen location. (I would also tell me two men that were going for a radio to kill two citizens for clothing disguise.)

The reason I killed the soldier is cuz he would've been a danger to the rest of the men if he made to much sound if the patrol came by. I healed the engineer just in case he was needed.

I'm willing to risk a court martial but I think they'd (my superiors) would understand it was for the safety of my men. Maybe they would demote me but I could live with it.

Theres probably a few flaws in my plan.

Showing 1-15 of 170