ForumsWEPRGay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

561 106945
turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

I personally think that it should be legal cause it doesnt hurt anybody and everyone has the right to marry who they love.

• 561 Replies
TheDoctor7
TheDoctor7
63 posts
Peasant

I don't see anything wrong with gay marriage. As snowguy13 said, it's just discrimination.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Well probably not all the churchs but there might be one somewhere that will accept homosexuality enough to marry gays.

Vegas!

I doubt many gay couples would be against it not being held in a church, as the only people fighting them being allowed to do so are the religious. It's more for the government rights and stuff, as well as acknowledgement of being legitimately together.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Yeah but some are still religous and would prefer it in church. Like Jefferysinsperation. At least I think she does. And if not, like Kasic said theres always Vegas.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Well probably not all the churchs but there might be one somewhere that will accept homosexuality enough to marry gays.

If your referring to Christian churches there are several that have no problem with gay marriage at all.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Well then we just need to point some out and she'll be on her way.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Well then we just need to point some out and she'll be on her way.

This is just off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure the Quakers have no issue with it for one.
Prettykitty16
Prettykitty16
15 posts
Nomad

If your referring to Christian churches there are several that have no problem with gay marriage at all.

Nothing but modern conformists looking to make a god 'cool'.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

You say 'modern conformists' we say 'eople that don't cling to massively-outdated beliefs'. Funny isn't it, how when science advances we call it progress, when religion advances it's called heresy or a disgrace against religious principles.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I think Danny Devito said it best in "Always Sunny in Philadelphia": "If they want to be miserable like everyone else, then go ahead and let them." whatever they want to do with their bodies as long as they're not hurting non-consenting other people is fine by me.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

You say 'modern conformists' we say 'eople that don't cling to massively-outdated beliefs'. Funny isn't it, how when science advances we call it progress, when religion advances it's called heresy or a disgrace against religious principles.

It's fine if they want to make a religion based around a god who doesn't mind homosexuality, but while they continue to worship a god who's book tells you to stone homosexuals, there's a problem.
Zydrate
Zydrate
383 posts
Farmer

I think I've replied to this before, or maybe it's just another duplicate.

Yes, they should.
"They have the right to be miserable just like the rest of us." - Robin Williams.

A cynical approval, but just trying to add some levity.

I believe they should. Gays getting married doesn't threaten a **** thing, and most arguments against boil down to intolerance and misunderstandings. And people fear what they don't understand. I once did myself, until I found out that it doesn't hurt anything.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

part of the reasoning for them being "bad" by some interpretation is that they go against the typical male/female monogamous relationship. You might say there is no grounds by which it should be monogamous male/female over anything else.... well.... males and females together are the only coupling that produces new humans naturally. As for monogamy, it would be especially necessary back in ancient times. In the current day, most stds are easily treatable with a shot or pills. Back then they could literally rot you to death because there were no treatments. I'm not going to say that homosexual = intercourse with everyone they meet... but one of the locals here stated something to the effect of ...."darn Christians and always trying to ruin a good orgy" once upon a time. I am a little too skeptical of that kind of lifestyle for me to partake in it... it just increases the your chances of getting diseases... and I don't have tons of money to spend on treatments so I think I'll opt out of it. I also have my misgivings about people who partake in that forbidden fruit... I wouldn't if those afflictions were only contractible through intercourse... but they're not. We still have people today getting stds through blood transfussions. You can contract some of that stuff from touching objects that the afflicted just happen to of touched. Sometimes they don't manifest much if at all in individuals, so they don't know they have it and thus can spread the malady around like crazy.

although the means to their end are really sketchy, the issue they were curtailing back in the day was of great significance. If one person were to get a disease and then frequent massive orgies prior to the invention of contraception then everyone could get it and then they'd all be in trouble.

Now in the present day we understand things better and can in fact fix a lot of the problems that arise. ...and thus its your prerogative to partake in such things. I generally don't care what you do... just tell me if you have a disease should the need to tell me such a thing arise (it could be a number of things... not just the obvious). so whoever wants to get married let them. its not like a lot of straight people nowadays don't spread all kinds of nastiness around.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

part of the reasoning for them being "bad" by some interpretation is that they go against the typical male/female monogamous relationship. You might say there is no grounds by which it should be monogamous male/female over anything else.... well.... males and females together are the only coupling that produces new humans naturally

....I am missing the point of this. Why does it matter that male and female pares (Ignoring asexual reproduction since you seem to be referring to humans)can create a children? And why does it matter that it goes against the normal thing?

As for monogamy, it would be especially necessary back in ancient times.

...HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH....Many cultures had polygamy, including many biblical figures in the case your are a Jebuz nut. May I ask you to name the cultures that had monogamy?

In the current day, most stds are easily treatable with a shot or pills. Back then they could literally rot you to death because there were no treatments.

...Since when? I can't think if an STD on the top of my head that is easily treatable by any standards. And as previously stated, polygamy was far more abundant back then then it is now further disproving your hypothesis.

I'm not going to say that homosexual = intercourse with everyone they meet... but one of the locals here stated something to the effect of ...."darn Christians and always trying to ruin a good orgy" once upon a time.

So you are not, but you are. When you say "I'm not going to" and then "But" just stop there, since you are lying.

I am a little too skeptical of that kind of lifestyle for me to partake in it... it just increases the your chances of getting diseases... and I don't have tons of money to spend on treatments so I think I'll opt out of it.

What "Lifestyle"? Homosexuality? Nope, they are the same as normal relationships. Polygamy? Nope, they are the same as normal relationships, except the male is typically dominant and has a ton of wives, not having sex outside of marriage. I don't see what you are getting this from at all.

I also have my misgivings about people who partake in that forbidden fruit... I wouldn't if those afflictions were only contractible through intercourse... but they're not. We still have people today getting stds through blood transfussions. You can contract some of that stuff from touching objects that the afflicted just happen to of touched. Sometimes they don't manifest much if at all in individuals, so they don't know they have it and thus can spread the malady around like crazy.

So you have a problem with sex? Why? And as stated, homosexuality doesn't effect STDs, so I don't really get white you are getting at.

although the means to their end are really sketchy, the issue they were curtailing back in the day was of great significance. If one person were to get a disease and then frequent massive orgies prior to the invention of contraception then everyone could get it and then they'd all be in trouble.

...HAHAHAH....No. They just wanted to control people's sex life. Have sex outside of marriage? Stoned. Have sex before you are married? Stoned. Two men have sex? Stoned. Masturbate? God smites that one guy apparently in your mythology, so it is bad. So if this theory is correct, then why would they consider masturbation bad?

Now in the present day we understand things better and can in fact fix a lot of the problems that arise. ...and thus its your prerogative to partake in such things. I generally don't care what you do... just tell me if you have a disease should the need to tell me such a thing arise (it could be a number of things... not just the obvious). so whoever wants to get married let them. its not like a lot of straight people nowadays don't spread all kinds of nastiness around.

Why are you still making a connection between homosexuals and STD's? Seriously, there is no connection there.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

...HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH....Many cultures had polygamy, including many biblical figures in the case your are a Jebuz nut. May I ask you to name the cultures that had monogamy?

prove it

...Since when? I can't think if an STD on the top of my head that is easily treatable by any standards. And as previously stated, polygamy was far more abundant back then then it is now further disproving your hypothesis.

doubt it.

So you have a problem with sex? Why? And as stated, homosexuality doesn't effect STDs, so I don't really get white you are getting at.

you gays are the same. just shut up and quit spreading aids. condoms are the way to go
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

prove it

Very well.

According to the Ethnographic Atlas Codebook, of 1231 societies noted, 186 were monogamous. 453 had occasional polygyny, 588 had more frequent polygyny, and 4 had polyandry.[3] At the same time, even within societies which allow polygyny, the actual practice of polygyny occurs relatively rarely. There are exceptions: in Senegal, for example, nearly 47 percent of marriages are multiple.[6] To take on more than one wife often requires considerable resources: this may put polygamy beyond the means of the vast majority of people within those societies. Such appears the case in many traditional Islamic societies, and in Imperial China. Within polygynous societies, multiple wives often become a status symbol denoting wealth, power, and fame.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy#Patterns_of_occurrence_worldwide

you gays are the same. just shut up and quit spreading aids. condoms are the way to go

Yay, uninformed, ignorant Bigot let's us in to his almighty resevoir of knowledge! AIDs is spread by any sexual activity, not just homosexual activity. Three cheers for the ignorant Bigot! Hip-hip, Hooray!
Showing 286-300 of 561