Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Gay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

Posted Aug 25, '10 at 4:49pm

DoctorHouseNCIS

DoctorHouseNCIS

321 posts

I really hate people who aren't gay and say "no gay marriages allowed". Should the "Pursuit of happiness" that was put into the constitution not be followed as a law? Heck! If we don't follow that one, which ones should we follow? Some people would argue with me the fact that if someone's pursuit of happiness affects others, then it shouldn't be allowed. I agree, but since being gay does not affect you if you are not gay, that argument is useless. It really is pathetic how people get so upset about other people not believing in what they believe, they downcast them. Not out of logic or reason, but fear and stupidity. I would love someone to argue with me, to see their point of view on this.

Posted Aug 25, '10 at 4:50pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,286 posts

Then you have it fertilized and set into a surrogate mother.

Quite an interesting development! I don't know how to phrase this correctly though...The whole thing about birth mothers. Is this something generally accepted? Is there documentation and/or paperwork involved, or does it just need consent of the patron?

Posted Aug 25, '10 at 4:53pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,346 posts

Knight

Unbelievably, I somewhat agree with you.

I did bring it up to spark a little more debate in the topic.

I read recently they were discovering some health problems with the original 'test tube babies.' I'm afraid we wouldn't see the implications until it too late.

Personally, if my partner and I were ever going to have children it would be done as close typical reproduction as possible.

Posted Aug 25, '10 at 4:56pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,346 posts

Knight

Freak, surrogacy is more popular than you may think. I remember discussing it a lot in a Bio-Medical Ethics course I took a million years ago.

There are a lot of legal documents involved and there are still loop-holes and problems with surrogacy. Cases where the surrogate mother takes it to court to try to keep the child. People will pay Hundreds of thousands of dollars to a surrogate.

Just on the same thought, women can sell their eggs for a sizable pay check! Something like $2000 each time they do it. Which is obviously once a month.

Posted Aug 25, '10 at 5:19pm

nevetsthereaper

nevetsthereaper

668 posts

you, agree with me......(somewhat), im flattered

Posted Aug 25, '10 at 5:21pm

holt24

holt24

1,179 posts

My argument is if marriage is between two people who love eachother homosexuals can't marry because being gay is not about love it's about lust.The average gay person has hundreds of relationships. They dont love eachother they just want to have sex with eachother.But of course marriage isn't about love itself it's a man and a woman who love eachother so homosexuals don't fit eather catagory'

Posted Aug 25, '10 at 5:22pm

nevetsthereaper

nevetsthereaper

668 posts

um, some gays have multiple partners, not all of them.

Posted Aug 25, '10 at 5:30pm

RugRat

RugRat

354 posts

My argument is if marriage is between two people who love eachother homosexuals can't marry because being gay is not about love it's about lust.The average gay person has hundreds of relationships. They dont love eachother they just want to have sex with eachother.But of course marriage isn't about love itself it's a man and a woman who love eachother so homosexuals don't fit eather catagory'

lolwut?

Posted Aug 25, '10 at 5:32pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,286 posts

They dont love eachother they just want to have sex with each other

Excuse me!? How dare you!

But of course marriage isn't about love itself it's a man and a woman who love eachother so homosexuals don't fit eather catagory

[quote=A Random Dictionary]the legal or religious ceremony that formalizes the decision of two people to live as a married couple, including the accompanying social festivities[/quote]

As you can see, NO, it does not matter whether it is a man or a woman or with both of one gender to be called a marriage.

And yes, homosexuals are capable of loving. They are in fact human after all.

Posted Aug 25, '10 at 6:26pm

FutureUSMC2011

FutureUSMC2011

32 posts

Personally, I really do not have a problem with it. I view it as a way of life and my only concerns are: As long as they don't try to do anything to me than I don't care.

If that's there way of life than so be it. You guys can't just curse their way of life because some of them have multiple partners and all, because so do heterosexual people as well.

Reply to Gay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

You must be logged in to post a reply!