Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Achievements Suggestion

Posted Jun 23, '11 at 5:43am

valboss84

valboss84

1,479 posts

It won't be up to the admin team, it'll be up to the game creator to give us a list of Achievements, and a difficulty level or point value to assign.

Sure, only the game creator could determine the difficulty of an achievement. He has programmed the game and tested it (for that I'm not sure because some games have achievement impossible to get).

Posted Jun 23, '11 at 8:58pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Correct. And we may just "hard-code" the point values according to a ranked scale of difficulty, but that's something we'll still need to discuss as a team.

Posted Jun 24, '11 at 6:39am

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,138 posts

I understand the achievements are the game developers area as such, but mochi has in game achievements and medals. Will AG have anything similar?

Posted Jun 24, '11 at 7:11am

emirhan9

emirhan9

2 posts

1. how bout we get armor points like wat ppl sed by acheivments and we can use the points to buy more things like new display pictures and maybe some emoticons for commenting on the game. We could also use the points to get into online competions (like who can get the highest score).
2. when we earn acheivments we get medals in which we can put the maximum of five on our accounts to show everyone and we get to pick the ones we unlocked. i hope my ideas are helpful :)

Posted Jun 24, '11 at 8:05am

valboss84

valboss84

1,479 posts

and we can use the points to buy more things like new display pictures and maybe some emoticons for commenting on the game

We've ever said achievements will give only points nothing other. Plus, the emoticones are a bad idea, cormyn is agree with me.

when we earn acheivments we get medals in which we can put the maximum of five on our accounts to show everyone and we get to pick the ones we unlocked

In AG3, a system of the last things you've done will be set up. So, I think the achivement you've unlocked will appeared in this category.

Posted Jun 24, '11 at 3:42pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

mochi has in game achievements and medals. Will AG have anything similar?

We have games *now* that award "achievements" within the game (look at John's "Achievement Unlocked" series, etc. but those don't award anything on the web site itself.

Personally, I don't know Mochi's system, so I can't comment on a comparison against their system.

1. how bout we get armor points like wat ppl sed by acheivments

Uh, that's how it's *going* to work... Did you even read the posts in this thread? ;o)

and we can use the points to buy more things like new display pictures and maybe some emoticons for commenting on the game.

We've stated several times in other threads that users will not "spend" points. And we've also stated that in phase one, Achievements will NOT unlock Armatars. Point-related questions are off-topic and need to go in the appropriate thread about "AG Score".

get into online competions (like who can get the highest score).

Check out the Groups/Clans thread about the tournament discussions, and follow-up on your thoughts over there if you have anything new to add.

2. when we earn acheivments we get medals in which we can put the maximum of five on our accounts to show everyone and we get to pick the ones we unlocked.

As far as I know, everyone will get to see ALL of your achievements, like a trophy case, on your profile. It won't just be 5 that you pick, it'll be ALL of them.

So, I think the achivement you've unlocked will appeared in this category.

We're planning a "public square" sort of thing that JUST shows the latest Achievements that users are gaining by playing the games. But as I said above, your profile will have a 'trophy case' of some sort where others can see every Achievement you've won.

Posted Jun 25, '11 at 11:44am

EverDead

EverDead

172 posts

Well, instead of getting AGP's (Armor Game Points) for Commenting on games and Faving games, cause that can be abused and all....

I was thinking of a fail-proof foolproof system, where you have to actually play the game to get AGP. It would require a bit of thinking, but it wouldn't be too hard.

Lets use Crush the Castle 2 Players Pack as a Example for the medals that could be used.

Gold: Crush 1,000 people
Gold: Make 15 Player's Empire Castles
Gold: Beat Undead Level
Silver: Beat the Campaign
Silver: Hit 5 people directly with a projectile
Silver: Kill 1 person with a direct hit from the chicken
Bronze: Kill 5 people with one throw of the Big Freaking Rock
Bronze: Kill 10 people at one time with the Black Hole Potion

And so on.
Gold: 10 AGP
Silver: 5 AGP
Bronze: 3 AGP

It would be good, since unless you are highly skilled, you might have to redo some levels to get those Achievements, Thus having to spend time on the game and not just finishing it and never coming back.

Posted Jun 26, '11 at 3:25am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

was thinking of a fail-proof foolproof system, where you have to actually play the game to get AGP

Er, you did read the last few pages of this thread, right?

As far as the metal-based names, that's not a bad idea.

Posted Jun 29, '11 at 4:55pm

SilverGecko

SilverGecko

12 posts

Maybe there could be achievements for your rank or there could be badges like greentrev106 mentioned.

Posted Jun 29, '11 at 7:31pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

SilverGecko, if you'd read the entire thread, you'd have seen that we're going to award "legacy" Achievements (with no points) based on your current AG2 rank, but moving forward, AG3's Achievements will only be game-based, and those Achievements will be how you gain points.

Reply to Achievements Suggestion

You must be logged in to post a reply!