ForumsForum GamesYggdrasil (a "Cut the Tree" Game)

2695 434616
PerryKid
PerryKid
1,269 posts
Nomad

Based on [link= http://armorgames.com/community/thread/3334894/cut-the-tree]"Cut the Tree" [/link]

First of all, the Yggdrasil is a magical tree of Norse mythology. Surely, if you cut this tree, you cut life to the world, yet the Norse believed that there were creatures constantly biting and picking at the tree, probably to scare somebody.

No memes
No posting own damage
One attack per turn
If I ignore you, its because its a stupid attack, or broke a rule
No being an idiot
No girlfriend/Boyfriend attacks
No protecting the tree by building walls or trenches etc around it(You can become an environmentalist, a norse hero/god, or a lawyer and sue the attackers.)

Because this is a magical tree, there are a few things you can do that you couldn't with a normal tree.

Note that this is the standard for some of the attacks:

A chainsaw will do 1 damage. Try if you really run out of ideas.
A tree cutter also only does 1 damage.
Axe does 1 damage
Battle axe does 2 damage
Norse Battle axe does 3

If people get sued by the tree's friends, they simply lose health.

People get banned if they break a rule or do something that no one likes. And I am the one who decides who gets banned. Every new rules post I make will say who is banned or has died. Banned people are considered 'dead'

Dead people can't come back. It is very hard to die: You have 100 health and unless you do some sort of really dumb or weird thing that just manages to get under the rules, you will receive damage.

To make this a bit more fun, the tree starts off with loads of health. this means that people can do lots of damage(I will decide how much). I'll try to stay active a lot to keep the damage in check.

Tree: 100,000,000,000,000 HP
Climate: No wind and sunny

• 2,695 Replies
pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

NEO NO
last time someone tried to attack yggdrasil with a tree yggdrail was healed

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

so...being as I want to defend the tree, can I summon lasting defenses or just one time uses? I really have no reason to conjure weapons if im not attacking anything.

Well, d'you think that you can just waltz in to a dragon's cave, say, and walk out with the crown jewels? Nooo. This game is about fighting. So yes, I'll allow you to set up defenses. The Yggdrasil warps reality around it, so you can have a sword or build a tank if you want and that's fine, but this is not the same for quest areas.
In the region traversed by you, a special kind of human (normal humans cannot see the things going on here unless influenced by your kind), in your quest, the powers that allow you to conjure up materials and weapons are null. These regions are too well-defined, too liable for change.
In short, your magic and your equipment exist there but you can't just say "I draw my sword" unless you took a sword there.
Hope that patches the canon a bit. The rest of you, I'll post when spike does his turn. Do it nao, spike.
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

well you said I should master an element 1st and become touched, so I want to know about that.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Well, you can become a member of the Touched. It's just that, well, you're kind of stuck defending the tree. The job description does say that you're a sworn defender of the tree. I would recommend you get a feel for the game first and later decide what you want to be. So choose your element.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

fire!

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

[quote=pokemonrocks126]NEO NO
last time someone tried to attack yggdrasil with a tree yggdrail was healed[/quote]

That's exactly what I wanted. I did read the older posts.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

That's exactly what I wanted. I did read the older posts.

Why is everyone joining the tree? If this keeps up... wow.
pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

if this keeps up everyone will have to be reminded their can only be four touched at a time though I think the 4 original ones on the list don't count anymore

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Yeah, I know. I think I'll keep my spot reserved as I am only a substitute (for however long) and will probably eventually resume my position. But Epic and Gemini... that's another story. However, three active Touched is quite enough and I may get you two to compete so that the game isn't bogged down.
I also have a reserve plan.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

That's it. Judging is now.

well first I fix my killing machine then i do another thing I've learned after the unmerge
endersonic destruction
basically I blast a huge wall of ender energy (its purple and pretty powerful) and then fuse it with the sonic energy I made the machines core of (btw the sonic element is highly unstable) I then launch it at my insane side before making copies of myself (their not real) I then launch a beam of pure light at him and every time he's damaged I get some strength back
I then proceed to blast him into the tree hard using psychic powers
I then unleash a hypersonic speed melee attack using my claws and tail (I have those remember)

Learning something new is usually a slow process, however I will give you some leeway for now. However, adding "then" onto an attack so you can do more damage is something killersup reprimanded you for, so...
The Endersonic Destruction attack is rather effective, but you must remember that your power is limited. As you begin to wear yourself out, you switch to the beam of light and daze both parties. 621skcor screams, apparently blinded.
I ask this man who he is, what fhe rock behind me is, and If he is a sage.

"Depends. What do you want with me? Generally, yes. I am a sage."
The rock suddenly shifts and reveals a cave.
I cut a random tree, and throw it at the Yggdrasil.

It bounces off. You shouldn't have cut it down.
Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

Just a reminder, I posted

I decide to go out and look for this entity, and hope to be able to defeat it.
Just so you remember. I don't think you've said anything, but I could be wrong.
Raispeed55
Raispeed55
233 posts
Nomad

I ask him if he can teach me how to become holy and become a good mage.

pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

(btw the more I hurt him the more strength I get back if I rember correctly I ade that happen)
I unleash more endersonic blasts before shooting more light

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

I decide to go out and look for this entity, and hope to be able to defeat it.

Durk. I did not see that. So...
The voice in your head is talking again. It's telling you to look for smoke, for steam, for a... burning iceberg? There is only one town where such a thing could possibly exist.
Iofskol. A port town, far north of here and very dangerous. Some sort of magic messed up the climate, meaning that you could theoretically find such a thing, however implausible. To get there, you'll need to go east to Maginor to take a high-speed railway. Getting there won't be easy, though.
Ask anywhere, they'll know the way.
Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, I ask around about where to find it. If I can, I then go that way, hoping it will not be that hard.

Showing 2611-2625 of 2695