ForumsGamesBattlefield 3

356 49387
GabrielLouis
GabrielLouis
14 posts
Nomad

Comment about Battlefield 3, How is it in your opinion? Graphics, Vehicles, etc.....

• 356 Replies
404011xz
404011xz
212 posts
Farmer

I have to say I'm impressed with the xbow, other than the reload it's a very nice weapon. I don't have premium but I did manage to highjack one with balanced arrows off of a dead body and got atleast 8 kills with it. I like it's accuracy, damage, noise suppresion, and the fact it can take up the gadget slot instead of the main weapon. You know those maps you know you want to use that class but it doesn't have any gadgets that will really help, the xbow is the gadget that can be used in practically everymap with every loadout

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I have to say I'm impressed with the xbow, other than the reload it's a very nice weapon. I don't have premium but I did manage to highjack one with balanced arrows off of a dead body and got atleast 8 kills with it. I like it's accuracy, damage, noise suppresion, and the fact it can take up the gadget slot instead of the main weapon. You know those maps you know you want to use that class but it doesn't have any gadgets that will really help, the xbow is the gadget that can be used in practically everymap with every loadout

As was I. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. I like how it feels. It's very balanced in it's equipment and it doesn't dominate the other weapons. But of course, I have problems.

I didn't like how easy the challenges were to get all of the equipment for it. The initial challenge was fine, the scoped also. The rest though were a bit too easy. I know in the patch notes they said that they would be scaling back all the assignments and challenges in difficulty, but I didn't expect it to be that much. It took me about an hour and a half to get everything for it, Initial challenge included.

This map pack though is easily my favourite. The maps are good for everything. You can snipe, rush, hide, or just support other players and the game will go well for you. The vehicles were very well done and despite the junk everywhere were maneuverable enough that you could use them for transport. Of course, the junk around the map also presented many ways for you to get the vehicles trapped forever in the maw of the Earth. Of course, I expected the earth quakes to affect gameplay a lot more. And felt they weren't quite used right.

The new Scavenger gamemode is also something that I found enjoyable. It captured everything I liked from other games and mashed them up into one. I liked how they used "Levels" to indicate how many attachments would be on your gun. Although, I was a little frustrated that all the sniper rifles are Level 2 and come with ACOG. It was a (relatively) small map, it had ticket bleeding, you had to find weapons, there was more vertical gameplay, and my .44 dominated while I searched.

Overall, I approve.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

Well I'm pretty excited for the next DLC seeing as it'll be featuring Jurassic Horde game mode. As they have had hints and easter eggs about it, they even had a toy dinosaur in one of the new maps, and an achievement to go with it.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

Well, for about 3 minutes last night I was more sure about Jurassic horde than about anything else, until I saw a paper hidden in a MP map they talked about dinosaurs and below that it said:
additional details
The general promised cake

So now I'm worried that the cake is a lie and that it won't be in the next DLC.

Kyleach
Kyleach
28 posts
Nomad

Just borrowed it from my friend today but because of the online pass requirement I won't be able to test out multiplayer

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

I'm impressed with the new DLC. The map design is amazing and you can play and do well with any class you want. And you can flank all day, specially on Talah Market. However, some of the new premium assignments are really hard to get, like the Rambo dog tag. Come on, 5 multi kills? That takes a lot of time and luck.

And the Xbow is a great addition to the game. I'm happy the HE bolt is not so effective against infantry as I thought it would be and the scan bolt is really helpful if used correctly. Overall, I like this DLC a lot, I didn't get into Scavenger mode yet, but it seems nice.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

5 multi kills? That takes a lot of time and luck.

Easy to get on metro with c4. On rush and conquest, lay down a bunch of c4 near popular areas and wait for them to come. Like the staircase before the middle area, a lot of people run through there.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

I'm impressed with the new DLC. The map design is amazing and you can play and do well with any class you want. And you can flank all day, specially on Talah Market. However

Crap, I thought this was the CoD thread and that they actually got good maps...

I too like the new DLC, I'm not a big fan of Talah market though, probably something to do with the extreme lack of height change throughout the map. The Xbow is nice, I like the HE bolts against HUM-V's, one hit disables them and at least 3 (never killed one only using them) destroys it, but it's mostly just good against them for the first devastating shot. I wish that for the sniper scope that it was a better one with mil-dots so it would be easier to use it. I have not yet unlocked the scan bolts, gunna start going for that today.

Does anyone know how to get a laser designated missile?
Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

Easy to get on metro with c4. On rush and conquest, lay down a bunch of c4 near popular areas and wait for them to come. Like the staircase before the middle area, a lot of people run through there.

That's a strategy, but is cheap. I've planned another one, even cheaper. On Canals TDM place a spawn beacon and then when you die, spawn as a support and drop C4 all over the map. I've got 2 multikills so far, but people get mad, message me and get me mad.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

On Canals TDM place a spawn beacon and then when you die, spawn as a support and drop C4 all over the map. I've got 2 multikills so far

No, do that on the same map but with squad deathmatch, they always crowd in that little section of boxes...
Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

No, do that on the same map but with squad deathmatch, they always crowd in that little section of boxes...

Thanks for the ti, I'll try it. I never fool around in this game mode, should be fun.
404011xz
404011xz
212 posts
Farmer

Ahhhh. C4 bombing. that is always so fun. never press detonate right after dropping though, did that on accident and commited suicide.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

C4 bombing. that is always so fun. never press detonate right after dropping though, did that on accident and commited suicide.

Well, it can be useful for campers on rush. Such as on Bazaar when people are in that first m-com room, run in there, lay a c4 then explode.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I just started playing. My first match started on a 9 kill streak, it hasn't been that easy since, but it was a nice start.

Anyway, I like the game. I feel right at home after playing BC2 a lot. I do have a few beefs though. I don't like any conquest map, maybe I'm biased but none of them feel right to me. Most maps have to many vehicles, and it makes me feel lonely on the battlefield when half of the players are in helis or jets. I'm sure that isn't a problem for a pc player, but it doesn't work on consoles.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I do have a few beefs though. I don't like any conquest map, maybe I'm biased but none of them feel right to me. Most maps have to many vehicles, and it makes me feel lonely on the battlefield when half of the players are in helis or jets. I'm sure that isn't a problem for a pc player, but it doesn't work on consoles.

Yeah, big maps like Caspian border and operation firestorm aren't that fun on consoles. For conquest I stick to the city maps; grand bazaar, Seine crossing, and operation metro.
Showing 301-315 of 356