ForumsGamesBattlefield 3

356 49386
GabrielLouis
GabrielLouis
14 posts
Nomad

Comment about Battlefield 3, How is it in your opinion? Graphics, Vehicles, etc.....

• 356 Replies
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Metro is ok, its layout provides for crapload of intense combat, but it also severely cuts down on strategical options. I can't really maneuver around the enemy, but I can choose what set of stairs I go up! But I'll take constant action over trodding over a huge map wirh no one to shoot at.

I've played Seine Crossing twice, and I hated it lol. It is nothing but a bunch of choke points, and if one team gets every flag it's basically over (well to be fair, most battlfield games suffer from that). I've been on both ends of that, and neither are fun for me.

I love medium sized maps with wide open areas and maybe one or two tanks. Something like Laguna Presa or White Pass from bad company 2. And hey, I know a Battlefield game is much more fun in a well-tuned squad. I haven't gotten there in BF3 yet.

Besch
Besch
37 posts
Scribe

Summary of BF3:

Team game: Your team consists of egoncentric morons --> you loose.
Glitch game: Getting stuck while hopping over sh*t since BFBC)2.
Copy cat of 2012: Orign managed to be far worse coded that Steam was in its first years.
Fragmentation: I really like it how three windows are pop up when BF is started.

But HELL it's a heck of a game and gives you a lot fun time besides when you try for some assignments.

404011xz
404011xz
212 posts
Farmer

uhh. 3 windows? probably a PC thing. Anyways. Ya most maps are littered with vehicles. Unless you are playing in a city map then you are bound to have tons of them. But what I find is that when playing and your team has all the checkpoints on maps with tons of vehicles is that my team always ends up dieing in their tanks and nobody ever goes back to get them, so basically a base full of tanks. I think metro kinda sucks. If the people outside get the middle then the people who start in the tunnel are over. But if the tunnel dwellers manage to get all points then it's kinda over for outsiders, unless somebody manages to sneak past, set a spawn point, and take all the other objectives. The other problem is that once somebody takes a small uper hand the other team can't do anything but stand at their base an shoot at them from a distance and hopping enough people join so they can switch teams.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

If you're having trouble with vehicles just do what I did. Mind you I do this on DLC maps with DLC vehicles (for me), I strap an ATV ( a jeep might do) with 6 packs of C4, find a tank and when I'm about to crash I bailout and blow it up. Do it, I have destroyed many tanks/AA's doing this and it has provided me with hours of entertainment, it's really fun!

Besch
Besch
37 posts
Scribe

dont forget the C4 traps you can build on metro...never was it so easy to get "friendly" comments in the chat^^

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

I don't like any conquest map, maybe I'm biased but none of them feel right to me. Most maps have to many vehicles, and it makes me feel lonely on the battlefield when half of the players are in helis or jets.

That's a bigger problem on Armored Kill maps. I play on Xbox and once I found myself alone on the field while my whole team was on air vehicles or waiting for the Gunship to spawn.

I think metro kinda sucks.

Me too. Too many choke points, grenade spamming, noob tubes, etc. But it's one of the best maps to level up fast, specially if you play as a medic. My favorite maps would be: Grand Bazaar, Gulf of Oman and Kharg Island.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I haven't played Oman or Kharg Island yet. I just jump into random servers, and everything seems to be Aftermath 100%. The Aftermath maps aren't bad atleast, but I'm not crazy about urban warfare.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

That's a bigger problem on Armored Kill maps. I play on Xbox and once I found myself alone on the field while my whole team was on air vehicles or waiting for the Gunship to spawn.

I love aftermath maps now, after I learned about the trick with the ATV's (AKA, Quad Bikes).
404011xz
404011xz
212 posts
Farmer

I found that trick out a month ago when somebody did it to me. Best when ramming them from the side though, Cause if you go straight at them they mights see you and give you a friendly shell. And when it comes to lvling, I find that canals is a great boost. That is where I got all my classes to their first star. And bronze, I suggest doing a server check manually. I find this is better if you are going for a map in particular and if you want to stay there. Also I don't get hardcore often at random and I think that is the best way to play. Takes a bit to many bullets on normal and it's less of a challenge.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

The atv/c4 thing was around in bc2. I'd only use it if an engineer wasn't doing their job. There was also another trick one could pull off with mines and any vehicle. Your squadmates stack mines under your vehicle, they shoot the mines and voila, you have an atv catapult. I once used it to great effect on a rush round. I shot over the enemy base and parachuted behind them, got the mcom too.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Am I the only one that didn't buy any DLC? I planned to because of more weapons, but most of the maps don't look enjoyable. Either too big or too small (close quarters dlc). Only ones that look alright are the Aftermath ones.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Am I the only one that didn't buy any DLC?

No, I didn't buy anything yet. I plan to get premium probably within a few months.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I bought the premium edition for 40 bucks, I thought it was a good deal.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I bought the premium edition for 40 bucks, I thought it was a good deal.

You mean they're selling the game with premium now? Hell yes that's a good deal, I bought BF3 on Black Friday last year for $30, but if I want premium now it'd cost $50 more. A total of $80 spent on one game doesn't sound bad for all the DLC they have, but it's not worth it for consoles imo.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

Nice, I got it on the same day sorta, a guy on Bad Eggs online told me about that and I got it for Christmas.

It's worth it though, I like the armored kill maps, they're quite fun.

Showing 316-330 of 356