ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 386207
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

[quote]What possible reason could you have for saying it is wrong?

Religion, and we were made to mate the opposite sex to keep our race going.[/quote]
[quote]What is wrong about it, if it is not unnatural?

Religion.[/quote]
[quote]What about homosexuality is wrong so that we must avoid it?

Religion.[/quote]
[quote]why should our conscience tell us it's wrong?

Religion, God gave us a conscience and it should feel wrong.[/quote]
The only thing that this tells me is that you have neither a good reason nor an own opinion.

DUDE WE ARE NOT FREAKIN BONOBO'S! WE ARE HUMANS!

No indeed not, in contrast to us and chimpanzees, bonobos are very peaceful and emancipated; even though we're all closely related.
In that light, maybe their pronounced sexual behaviour isn't as bad as you'd think?
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

they believe in the word of God just because

not true. they believe in the word of god that is convenient to them. i doubt any of those would also have something against people who eat pork, eating chicken that was cooked with butter, shrimps and cut their hair.

If you grow up listening to just one side of the story, and be told that the other side leads to eternal punishment or God's displeasure, you would follow the former naturally,

Unless you learn to think for yourself. I grew up being told the exact same things.

exactly. if id follow the exact path of my family and surroundings id be hating muslims, sudans, russians, ashkenazi (look this up) sefardi and so many other kinds of people.

So, there's really no point in discussing it with them is it?

and to add to what kasic said, if someone who is ignorant and doesnt know about this subject reads this before being brainwashed he might actually be able to judge this alone.

What possible reason could you have for saying it is wrong?

Religion, and we were made to mate the opposite sex to keep our race going.

What is wrong about it, if it is not unnatural?

Religion.

What about homosexuality is wrong so that we must avoid it?

Religion.

why should our conscience tell us it's wrong?

Religion, God gave us a conscience and it should feel wrong.

funny how you say it. from my point of view god gave us a heart and a brain. and by saying homosexuality is wrong you clearly arent using both since you are being insensitive AND illogical.

true.... maybe that is why some humans have that psychological issue called homophobia which isnt seen in any other species.
Zamiel
Zamiel
175 posts
Nomad

@ cooldownman

And how exactly is religion the answer to everything?
Because you have to keep in mind that if somewhere in history the Christian religion decided that homosexuality is acceptable you would now probably be casting your 'divine punishment' on anyone that dares to say homosexuality is wrong.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

You can never argue with them, because remember, God is on their side, patting their heads. God. Someone who for them cannot be questioned or argued, because He apparently laid the rules down long ago.

This information and what they believe are in conflict. The brain sets out to resolve that cognitive dissonance. People will seek to create a cohesive belief in their own minds. If you keep hammering away at the current belief with factual evidence that doesn't fit those current belief system it could eventually cause them to alter their beliefs in order to create a cohesive belief system within themselves.
Think of the process like them throwing out the information you give them like it's trash. Over time that trash bin they are tossing all that information into can overflow, at which point they can no longer dismiss that information. So it might not seem like it's doing anything in the short term, but in the long term it can have an impact.

Especially considering the examples given by Gevock, religion as a reason seem extremely poor. As for the second reason given homosexuality only makes up a small percentage of the population meaning it couldn't have such an impact on our race. Further more in a world facing overpopulation having a few not reproducing and possibly even willing to take care of those who need a family but don't have one doesn't sound that bad. Even if we were to take this to an extreme and have it to the point where it impacts the populations ability to reproduce, there are alternative methods other than male and female coupling that could be enacted, such as artificial insemination.
SkywardStriker05
SkywardStriker05
33 posts
Nomad

What possible reason could you have for saying it is wrong?

What is wrong about it, if it is not unnatural?

Religion.

What about homosexuality is wrong so that we must avoid it?

Religion.

The Bonobo are famous for all sorts of sex things, they live in a Maternal society where women rule and sex is used for about everything, from greeting to wars.

why should our conscience tell us it's wrong?

Religion, God gave us a conscience and it should feel wrong.
Religion, your only answer, usual. But I don't think Leviticus 20:13 really deals with homosexuality rationally at all. And if you're going to say that the Old Testament isn't approved of anymore, remember this in Mark 7:9-13; "Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death: But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited of me; he shall be set free. And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother; Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered." Your reason contradicts itself.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

We share more things in common then not.

Iâm saying that they donât have the brains or a conscience to know its wrong

1. They do have brains in the skulls, a brain is a basic organ in all animals. Conscience is highly debated and you cannot make such a grand statement without some sort of paper on the subject.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

http://i.imgur.com/CeZtY.jpg

Yup.

Also, from a religious stand point, if humans naturally sin, and homosexuality is a sin, then homosexuality is therefor natural.

GraySpiritStag
GraySpiritStag
10 posts
Nomad

Homosexuality will always be viewed with prejudice and as unnatural so long as religion remains. It is the natural course for humans to judge something they don't quite understand. From many religious perspectives homosexuality is wrong, but some religions do support homosexuality, Indian religions more specifically.

Some homosexuals claim that homosexuality is of no harm to the participants or to anyone else. Right now someone could be marrying or having sex with someone of their own gender and you are not even aware of it. Homosexuality in no way involves you if you avert yourself from the conflict. A target shouldn't be branded over something only because you willingly push yourself onto it, the way it is with homosexuality.

Sex is usually a way for two intimate couples to express their closeness with each other. Whether this is done between homosexuals or heterosexuals, the same purpose is achieved. Genesis teaches that God instituted and designed marriage between a man and woman for a few reasons: the complementary structure of the male and female anatomy is designed for heterosexual relationships; the combination of male and female enables man to produce and nurture offspring; thirdly, God gave man and woman complementary roles in order to strengthen the family unit.

"...neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortion ers will inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 6:9-10). For a God who is all-loving and completely understanding, why would He reject something as simple and controversial as homosexuality? If I gave everything I had to God but remained homosexual, I would repent and be refused entrance to Heaven because of a different mindset, a separate physical lust. This hardly seems rewarding for the complete goodness I offered before God.

If God accepted homosexuals or if there was no God, would there be hate toward homosexuals today? It's likely that we would view them differently and perhaps some of us would hate them, but the initial influence wouldn't exist to sway nearly half the population to one side. God first created Adam and Eve because He believed in heterosexuality, but what if He created Adam and Steve? In this argument it can be said that without God's influence there would be no prejudice toward homosexuals.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

It's fine as long as they keep their feelings to people who are also gay.

firebird2000
firebird2000
23 posts
Nomad

tru

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Firebird, you may not have read the rules of the forums, in which case I'd highly advise you to do so - but posts under 7 words and with little to contribute are considered spam.

Anyway, I'd take anecdotes of gay guys accidentally hitting on straight ones as a sign of both flattery and of the fact that you really can't tell the sexuality of a person without getting to know them, it just goes to show how stupid it is to make assumptions about people.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

It's fine as long as they keep their feelings to people who are also gay.

if they would be more free. that they can say, "i am gay" whitout people wanting to assault them for that reason. then it will be easyer for them to know who els is gay. (because they are free to say so) and therefor wont be asking guys who are not gay.
Thecattygrll
Thecattygrll
4 posts
Nomad

Considering many Yaoi and Yuri couples are more functional than those that are Heterosexual, I don't see what's wrong with it... And even if it was bad, don't we all do something wrong in one way or another? How is being homosexual any worse than those things?

gooeyglop1
gooeyglop1
345 posts
Nomad

I think it is totally and utterly disgusting.

gooeyglop1
gooeyglop1
345 posts
Nomad

Replying to master 565:

AND. Sin is bad,human nature is bad. And if you are going to take it from a religeous standpoint, The God of the Bible wiped whole cities from the map for that. I would say it's wrong.

Showing 376-390 of 1146