Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

How do you deal with death?

Posted Apr 8, '12 at 7:33pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

1,683 posts

if the last day of my live comes then i will die. i dont want to know when or how i will die. i die someday and thats it. i enjoy live by doing things that i like and by living my live.

Posted Apr 8, '12 at 11:39pm

EnterOrion

EnterOrion

3,615 posts

I die. Everybody dies. Chances are, due to my preferable career path, I will make others die. Chances are they will make me die. There isn't a point in fearing what's coming to us all. Death is the final rest. No more fear, no more pain, no more guilt. On the flip side, no more adrenaline, no more females, and no more fun.

Death will be the best thing that will ever happen to me, and the worst thing that will ever happen to me.

Posted Apr 9, '12 at 3:01am

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,082 posts

Well, none of the answers so far have been super compelling reading. They seem... like they need to be an answer rather than a discussion. Maybe it's just me. It feels like no one's seriously taken on the challenge of human mortality and grappled with it in a deep way. All the answers have been more shallow than I would like... I want to see someone take death seriously and THEN post a way of dealing with it.

I like this thread, though. I'm complaining because I believe in it. I like the chillingly simple OP. I'd like more complex answers, though.

Well, that being said and true enough, allow me to answer the titular question: I don't. I'm sad all the time.

Posted Apr 9, '12 at 3:22am

Gantic

Gantic

6,769 posts

How do you deal with the knowledge that your experience on Earth will end?

Think of the possibility that the house you live in, the places you've been will not last forever and will be forgotten, eventually.
The possibility that the Universe as we know it will cease to exist. The possibility that even your best efforts, your experiences, your influence and effect on future generations will cease to have all meaning when the Universe is nothing but atoms that have an infinitesimally small probability of interaction? The possibility that Newton, Shakespeare, Beethoven, and Picasso will have no meaning because there will be no one?

You do your best at what you're doing and when it comes down to it, they can't say you didn't try. Even if it's fighting against the Universe. Do what you do. **** all else. Why do you do anything at all?

Posted Apr 9, '12 at 4:00am

massmurrder

massmurrder

141 posts

WEll if you die you will meet god and he will give you your fate
Hell
or
Heaven
these are the fates
to goto hell
lol
you will know you did bad things all of your life
to goto heaven
you will know you did everything good on your life (expect Aprill fooling day XD jk)
well i will die my friends will die everyone will die
and the dudes who doesnt belive in god they will be punished seriously O_O

Posted Apr 9, '12 at 4:02am

massmurrder

massmurrder

141 posts

Dont be sad if you died
if you died there you be happy and safe if you go to heaven :D

Posted Apr 9, '12 at 7:14am

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

1,683 posts

weeeeel, beloved ones died and i was sad, but i managed to continue living. at a point in my live i wanted to commit suicide because i was the victim of bullies but i got through this phase. im not fearing death, i fear the way how i will die. i prefer to dream a last time and die peacefully without any pain while i sleep.

the true horror about death would be to live forever, seeing everyone that you love die slowly in front of your eyes.

Posted Apr 9, '12 at 8:30pm

Cambyses

Cambyses

139 posts

I know that death is the end. I know that one day I won't be able to enjoy a nice spring day, or taste delicious food, or give a hug to my loved one.
The reason why someone would fear death so much is because you love the world we are in so much. I fear death because I know that I won't be able to feel, to think, to love anymore. And with that thought, I realized that death goes hand in hand with love. If we had no love, and had no joy in this world death would be less of a fearful thought. Death isn't something to be feared, but the thing that brings deeper meaning to everything in your life.

Posted Apr 9, '12 at 8:48pm

zombinator2000

zombinator2000

34 posts

I die. Everybody dies. Chances are, due to my preferable career path, I will make others die. Chances are they will make me die.

*Ponders this long and hard*
You suicide bombah bro?

Posted Apr 11, '12 at 9:12am

budokai1694

budokai1694

258 posts

Personally death does not scare me, and I am not afraid to die. I just don't deal well with other people dying. I have never been able to accept the death of other people very easily and there have been a lot of people who have died in my life.

Reply to How do you deal with death?

You must be logged in to post a reply!