Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

How do you deal with death?

Posted Jun 10, '12 at 1:39pm

Avorne

Avorne

3,224 posts

It's not really meaningless because, no matter how big or small, you still leave some impression on the world. Also, the fact that you only have one life kind of inspires you to appreciate the time you do have much more, so there's that.

Posted Jun 10, '12 at 2:16pm

Koru7

Koru7

757 posts

I can't really know. i'm agnostic so i don't know if there's a heaven, or even reincarnation. death freaks me out. if i see a dead bird or body somewhere I would probably turn my head and pretend not to see it because..... idk it's hard to picture something happening to a living thing.

when i die, i would probably want to be reincarnated into another universe. it would be cool.

Posted Jun 10, '12 at 2:38pm

dair5

dair5

2,479 posts

It's not really meaningless because, no matter how big or small, you still leave some impression on the world. Also, the fact that you only have one life kind of inspires you to appreciate the time you do have much more, so there's that.

But why does it matter when the world is gone? Once the earth is destroyed your impression only exists in a history that no one knows. If there is no one who cares about it, then what value does it have?

Posted Jun 10, '12 at 2:55pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,082 posts

Knight

But why does it matter when the world is gone? Once the earth is destroyed your impression only exists in a history that no one knows. If there is no one who cares about it, then what value does it have?

Why does it necessarily have to have eternal value for someone somewhere? It had value for you while you were alive. You shouldn't worry about anything else.

Life (existence) isn't eternal, anything else would defeat it's importance.

Posted Jun 10, '12 at 3:02pm

BritHennerz

BritHennerz

364 posts

If there is no one who cares about it, then what value does it have?

Why does your life have no value if no one remembers you? Life should be about enjoying yourself, moping that life is pointless is pointless.

The fact that we only have one life is the main reason to live it now.

Posted Jun 10, '12 at 4:12pm

dair5

dair5

2,479 posts

Why does your life have no value if no one remembers you?

It has value now, just not after I die. Of course by then I'll be dead and I won't care, I'm just saying that the value is going to go away. (yes I know it's obvious.) But that just seems dissapointing. If the purpose of life is to just enjoy it while you can, and a lot of people aren't enjoying it, well....

Question: If you aren't going to enjoy your life anymore, is your life meaningless?

What if you don't enjoy your life, but others do? Then it has meaning to them, but not to you... So.... Does it have meaning?

Posted Jun 11, '12 at 4:01am

Annihalation

Annihalation

216 posts

You've got less than 36,500 days to live. Use them wisely.

Posted Jun 11, '12 at 11:24am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,082 posts

Knight

Question: If you aren't going to enjoy your life anymore, is your life meaningless?

Nah, I don't think so. It's of course sad when someone doesn't enjoy his/her life. But that doesn't mean that it suddenly doesn't mean anything. I think people can still reasonably carry on even if one doesn't exactly enjoy it.

What if you don't enjoy your life, but others do? Then it has meaning to them, but not to you... So.... Does it have meaning?

It then obviously has meaning to others.

You've got less than 36,500 days to live. Use them wisely.

And if not, who cares? Feeling a pressure to make the absolute best out of your life will prevent you from doing exactly that.

Posted Jun 11, '12 at 5:59pm

crazyape

crazyape

501 posts

If I was dying, live on  the Oprah show, I would look at the camera and say.... "you're all dying too, you fat sons of *****es!"

Dying is no biggie. The sooner you accept that you're gonna die, the sooner you can move on with your insignificant life.

Cheers!

Posted Jun 11, '12 at 8:23pm

Annihalation

Annihalation

216 posts

Crazyape, Armorgames forums needs a "like" feature lol.

I think that personally instead of wasting your time praying for an uncertain afterlife, you should enjoy the life that you have right now. That way, when you are on your deathbed, you can think "What an adventure."

Reply to How do you deal with death?

You must be logged in to post a reply!