ForumsThe TavernWhat would you do if a robber broke into your house?

81 11715
redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

What would you do if you were home alone and a robber broke in?

I would do either one of two things.

1. I'd jump out of a window( depending on what floor I'm on ) or run outside screaming like a baby.

OR

2. I'd grab a bat and start whacking for my life. Depends on what weapons they have. If it was a gun, I'd run. If not, I'd maybe take my chances.

• 81 Replies
jjrocks66
jjrocks66
912 posts
Shepherd

Depends, if he is armed i would probably run or call 911 or both. If not I would use an improvised weapon, like a guitar and sneak up on him and bang him on the head or something.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Probably first I would call 911. Then I would get to the bathroom and grab the war club we have. Then when he came around the corner I would attack him.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

We have a dozen axes, shovels, sledgehammers, and other tools that could easily be used as weapons. The only problem I'd have would be getting to our garage to get them.

Although, I don't understand why a robber would choose our house which is in the middle of nowhere to steal from.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Killersup's family owns gun.Killersup would quite literally get out of his bed,walk over to to his gun stand in his room,and shoot off the robber's face.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Well I now know who to rob and who not to!

Details matter extremely with this kind of question. Like what is the setting (besides your house)? Is the robber 7 feet tall with a muscular built arms clasping a gun? There could be more, but I would be more of a killjoy then I had wished for.

I would try and save my family by going into the kitchen and grabbing several knives.

SwordmasterQ
SwordmasterQ
29 posts
Nomad

If a robber broke into my home and stole anything other than my refridgerator, I would rip his/her kidneys out and eat them with custard. If he did steal my refridgerator again, I would yell at him and ask him to give me back my clothes dryer.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Probably hide while calling the cops. I have a knife.... Somewhere in my room. Oops, think I lost it. Whatever.

One does not simply
Steal from pickpocket

PurpleSquishy
PurpleSquishy
150 posts
Shepherd

Depends on a few things but if i have the option beat them within an inch of life.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

He might not like having his throat slit but that's certainly what would happen if some ******* tried to break in my house.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Revolver in case: Check. Knife on desk: Check.

I wouldn't shoot the feller, but I would brandish one, or both, of aforementioned weapons. Should have him quaking in his boots.

Toejam
Toejam
38 posts
Peasant

911 gets there after you die, That's how that works...

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Call 911, shoot the guy. Not necessarily in that order.

_Spaz_
_Spaz_
143 posts
Nomad

Mossberg 500: Ready

S&W M&P: Ready

I think it would scare most to hear the sound of a shotgun being racked. haha.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Kind of hard to say how I would react in a situation like this. Depends on the guy's location, what he's doing, ETC... I would try to assess the situation ASAP, then take action.

I have my pocket knife and one of my Dads Maglights in my room. Figured that a nice crack on the head with that Maglight should stifle any guy. I would use the pocket knife in more of a melee to disable the guy, but try to avoid killing him unless necessary.

911 gets there after you die, That's how that works...

You don't call the police then do nothing. You call the police and have them on the way, then maybe take some action against the burglar. You want the police to show up sometime, don't you? (Like maybe when you confront the guy, then he starts beating you to a pulp? I'm sure it would be comforting to know you have some backup on the way.)
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I'd grab a knife and force him to sit down on my couch. That's where I keep my ejector seats in my house.

Showing 1-15 of 81