ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78424 46739690
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,424 Replies
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

6. No need for wonderings because here come my answers.

@sciller45 If we take Majestic's reason for boiling: the rage, then it lowers with every evaporating bit of the evil. Therefore the water (which is in my perception the medium) would stop boiling at some point. A certain amount of enraged evil would stay in the vessel and the evaporated part will soon join the water cycle. Soon we could expect rains spreading the evil around the globe.

@Olaffours Adding to what me and Sciller already said - firstly, fake edits are placed lower than normal (closer to "Posted X ago&quot. I can't show you this in this thread, but you can make comparison on your own. Secondly, I was wrong about the unability of editing posts that are not the newest in certain threads. The rule is (I presume) that after 10 minutes we can't edit our posts. Exceptions are OPs (Original Posts - the very first posts).

Olaffours
Olaffours
392 posts
Prince

8. well i stubbornly applied the "rules" without really checking if fakes or what, yeah, it is my mistake maybe, sorry but ...

No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.

An Edit tag appeared and the count didn't start with the correct number, even if bolded later in the post, it was "kind of hard" to spot when i woke up ^^

For the edit thing, i checked and it seems it is something like 30sec after posting : No editing. Editing is not allowed after 30 seconds from posting.(Advanced rules)

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

9. Adam Sandler has a song. Did you know that?

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

10. Oh no, I missed Sciller's 1000th post
Congrats Sciller!

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

11. Yay congrats! And Yellowcat is at his 2,222 post. Exciting!

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

well i stubbornly applied the "rules" without really checking if fakes or what, yeah, it is my mistake maybe

The maybe in this sentence is incorrect. You applied some rules but you broke the first basic rule:

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.

If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

But it was not an edit tag, just a written text. Refer to all the arguments that were provided so far.

it was "kind of hard" to spot when i woke up

So your point of view after waking up was more valuable for you, than the point of view of people who could reset that count from 18:19 to 6:47 UTC -4, who thoroughly analyzed the situation and made decision of not resetting. This was two people x 13 hours + 1 person x 12 hours + 1 person x 3 hours vs. you x 1-5 minutes.

But…

No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

As if you didn’t do the same many times - posting with bolding the right number not at the start of posts.

With these 10 minutes I meant the “system rule”, how the forum works. I meant that system won’t allow any normal user making edits after a short time - these are restricted. The prompt says: “you can’t edit at this time” if I remember correctly. Some time later the edit sign totally disappears! For non-mods there is no way of editing a post after an hour, let alone 15 hours.

For the edit thing, i checked and it seems it is something like 30sec after posting : No editing. Editing is not allowed after 30 seconds from posting.

Where were you 20 times when we were talking about this during half of the year. There is a good reason it is not in the general rules – it is not actual, now no edits are allowed on CT100. But again, I only meant system restrictions before.

Core of this problem is still that there was no edit, no reason for restart. Next time react on confusion with questions and reading teammates rather than a restart.

How did the evil
Get added to the water
In the first place, hm?

In my imagination the shards of evil added to water created a suspension.

The whole thing: while the temperature increases parts of shards melt down and an “evilose”, an aqueous solution is being created. Evaporating evilose creates both steam and evil gas. The evil gas is captured by the steam… OK, with my evil rains everything just works analogously to acid rains. Concentration of the evil in such rain should be low. For some holy/evil water demarkings ask a theologian.

Best of luck for the next person posting after me!

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

I think that evil is too heavy to be carried with the steam in the first place. It can melt, causing evil puddles, and if it gets hot enough, it can evaporate. But not evil inside regular water.

sciller45
sciller45
2,856 posts
Justiciar

I get that it says that non-counts should be ignored, but we didn't get that far anyway. And best to be sure.

Just to shorten it up a bit...

If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit(...) An edit tag appeared(...)

Now you say the edit tag appeared? I get it, you got confused, you didn't know what happened, so you reset the count. Stupid of you, but understandable. No one will take it to heart.

Posts should start with the correct number.

Now if that were the only rule there, I'd see where you came from, but it is further explained in the no non-counts rule. That's why I'm bolding my one, ein, jedan, 1

Wait, so is evilness in a way an acid mercury, and holy water alkaline water? Yeah, I guess that works. Say, where's that bishop?

I may be stretching this post a bit, but I would like to congratulate constable Yellowcat on his 2,222nd post With which he officially enters the Skavian empire, but shhhhh! Don't tell him.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

2. Oh... So there won't be number 13 posted on Friday the 13th? That's why I wished luck. Ehh... another mistake. Can I guess that confusion caused this again? At least you dodged a jinx.
@sciller45 By acid mercury did you mean a solution of Mercury(II) nitrate (a salt)? If yes then evil followers have painful hallowings xD
@abcdragon66 I think that the creator of dissolvable evil would make it light - so the gas could travel with the steam and spread easily enough.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

3. ugh, man... I have disappeared these days, haven't I?
it's been a few weeks, but it feels like a lot longer
I mean, it's not that I want to disappear or stop coming here, it's just that I'm not having time
Things are going super insane this year, I can't even remember the last game I played or when I did it...

I... just... need... to... survive... more... 270... days... AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Man, what am I doing with my life?

This will be a loooooooooong year...

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

4. 270? I only have 7 weeks before my summer break. Took my SBACs yesterday. And sorry about the mistake, I was in a hurry.

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

5. Welcome back apgc! I suggest playing sinkr and our little island on the new games bit, I really liked them.

abcdragon, what's SBACs?

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

6. SBACs are standardized testing where I live. I don't know if they have SBACs in other places, though. But the stupid thing is *rages in ways that expose too much about myself*!!!!!!!

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

8. Oh God, common core. Save us, Lord!

cc is so dumb, I feel you drago.

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

9. Yeah, it's horrible. I have a friend whose parents are "against standardized testing" so she doesn't have to do it. I'm so jealous. And Kat, you got the boredom part right. For me it was more like SBAP(suffering from boredom and pain) because I fell on the way to the SBAC room and scraped my hands and knee. And then I had to wait for half an hour listening to directions that we could read in 1 minute and that we had already heard.

Showing 71326-71340 of 78424