ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78284 45587208
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,284 Replies
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

16. I meant the idea to make a huge snake as god but well they could have similar ideas independently. Just look at a snake, so godlike.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

Hey guys, I'm going to sail inside a Doubleheaded Rainbow Snake! Are you coming with me?
Just be sure to grab your Viking battleaxe, wear some armor, and of course, wear this:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51zo%2Bhp8pcL._SY355_.jpg

*sets sail on the Viking boat*

Getting close... (pretend I'm speaking in Old Norse)

*we start to get inside the Doubleheaded Rainbow Snake*

Prepare your axes, be careful... she's going down!

*the Doubleheaded Rainbow Snake starts diving in the sea... but we're safe... for now...*

When she's under the sea, the Abyssal Monsters might come! Be ready, men... be ready to swing your axes!

*a Deep Sea Monster inside the Doubleheaded Rainbow Snake jumps above our ship just like a dolphin, when he's right above us, I slice it in half with my axe*

THIS IS SO COOL! YAY! ^_^

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

18. You can't just kill all those poor sea monsters!

*Another Deep Sea Monster jumps above the ship. While it's above us, I chant a few magic words, shrinking the monster. As it falls, I catch it in a fishbowl.*

Aren't they adorable? Now no more killing, or I'll get out the food coloring. And I'm using red this time.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

19. Suddenly huge tentacles showed up from both sides of the ship and immediately bound the whole vessel in a powerful embrace. Bjorn barely dodged one of them by slipping on the wet deck. He scrambled on knees and started hacking with battleaxe, black gore splashed all around. But the effort seemed vain, ship started sinking slowly. Axe got stuck in the vile tissue and he didn't have strength to draw it out. Sea always made Bjorn sick and weak. And the interior of Doubleheaded Rainbow Snake was incomparably turbulent. Not only because the mythical beast was in a constant motion. Every devoured basin and land… yes, it could devour whole islands… added their own perturbations.

Majestic_Fish
Majestic_Fish
1,917 posts
Chancellor

20. All of a sudden, an aura they couldn't just ignore appeared, royal, majestic, and then, it went away, probably because it didn't find anything interesting, not even the shadow of the being who emitted the aura was glimpsed...

sciller45
sciller45
2,836 posts
Justiciar

21. "D*** it, Bjorn!", said Hammond,, the ship's designated healer "Tarben, I told you he wasn't cut out for this!"

He takes out the axe from the foul beast and throws it to Bjorn. Then, he rummages through his skin pouch and takes out a bottle filled with a beige powder.

"Here, Bjorn, come on, eat up."

He takes out his axe and prepares to strike.

"Wait a minute!"

He searches through his pouch and throws some bottles overboard, into the beast's stomach.

"We can always poison the beast, eh?" He says, and the beast starts trembling.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

23. Oh I see I have to finish that roast anyway. So just I'll add something more to that viking RP later, just don't do anything radical with Bjorn! I'll make him disengage from the group for a while on my next post.

sciller45
sciller45
2,836 posts
Justiciar

26. @memo0o96 Yeah, everyone can see that. I's been like that for the past few months IIRC.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

“Thanks Ham.” said Bjorn faintly while munching dry weeds, and hacking the same, massive tentacle. After a while he looked as if he just took a tar bath.
One tentacle after the other was releasing grasp and leaving the deck but monster’s trembling added a new agonizing meaning to viking’s affliction.
“Why this one iso stubborn” he murmured to the slimy limb “just lego… lego.”
With a stronger slash he finally sliced through the tentacle and saw the stump slithering away. But the axe got jammed to the deck.
“Not agaiin.” The Norseman started crawling towards the sail, he wanted to use it as a support to stand up and see what's happening.
He felt so dizzy that his eyesight was cycling like a prop of gnome’s autogyro. When he was crawling on the weatherdeck another viking jumped over him shouting, he didn’t hear exactly what due to the tumult. Finally, the warrior got to the sail. He grope at it but couldn’t grab the clammy flesh.
It’s the rest of this scungy tentacle, he thought. But then, to his surprise, the violet body untied and swiftly banded over his torso. Force was so huge that he felt some ribs snapping and guts squishing but the pain was muffled by a sudden surge of adrenaline. The only reason he survived was that he wore a solid chainmail.
Immediately, the tentacle broke away causing Bjorn to drop again onto the floor. It moved quickly while bruising the Viking on every obstacle then started up over the board and into the iridescent water. After a splash the octopus started submerging – its last tentacle left the ship. After the initial pain water itself felt pleasantly, it was quite warm.
Luckily for Bjorn, the tentacle was too huge and slimy to maintain a good grasp in the water so soon he slipped out. The Norseman immediately took his chainmail down. Now he could swim up and try to break the surface. He saw a distorted image of Skidbladnir’s hull through the rainbow water, the biggest Drakkar there ever was. He didn’t inhale because of the tentacle attack but Bjorn was a good diver. Quickly he was overcoming another metres. Just some more and I’m safe, he thought.
Suddenly, two webbed palms grasped at his ankles. The shock made him releasing a few bubbles of the air reserve. Bjorn was waving his hands furiously while something was pulling him down. He was getting deeper and deeper and soon started suffocating. Water around him was getting darker every moment. No wonder: higher levels of water were rainbow-colored thanks to glowing scales of the Snake. Bjorn felt both terror and euphoria when water was filling his lungs. The Viking was going to Valhalla.

@sciller45 @abcdragon66 @armorplayergc BTW guys, do you even wanna go with another RP?

sciller45
sciller45
2,836 posts
Justiciar

29. I'm always up for RPs. I'm gonna post my entry in the morning. Can't do any research on Nordic mythology with a trackpad.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

31. @sciller45 Well, you couldn't in the morning due to B2B rule but here I posted. Too bad abc and apgc don't seem to wanna join the RP...

sciller45
sciller45
2,836 posts
Justiciar

32. @PLGuy I might be screwing with your plans with the end, but I thought it was fitting. Also, the creature was literally something out of my nightmares.

The beast trembled, and the ship shook with it. But, even with a whole pouch full of poisons that could kill thousands of men, the beast calmed down. It was almost as if the thing that hurt it the most were the jagged ends of the metal bottles. Or, was it truly almost?
As he was frozen in fear and thinking of a way to smite the beast, he lost all sense of reality. It wouldn't be the first time, after all. Ever since he was a child he always thoroughly tho- *CRASH* A bloody tentacle barely missed him, and would soon pull out beneath the ship's planks. He hacked at the tentacle to no avail. The tentacle was quickly pulling out and Hammond decided to rip a splinter out of the ship's floor and stabbed it in one of its suckers. The tentacle spasmed and slowed down enough for Hammond the chop it off.
The beast didn't take its loss lightly. soon a new tentacle came, grabbed Hammond by the waist and spun him around like a toy. The tentacle threw him towards the front of the ship. Everything seemed to move in slow motion as he flew about. He could see all of the Vikings. Bjorn trying to grab the mast, Tarben fighting off tentacles in what seemed like a blind rage, Asger trying to get out of the tentacles' grasp and Balder tryi-
Hammond crashed into the front of the ship. Dizzy and disoriented, fighting double vision, he noticed a large piece of wood that stuck itself in his left arm, albeit he couldn't feel it. He couldn't get up anymore and felt his eyes rolling back as his body began giving up on him. If it wasn't for all the adrenaline surging through his veins, he would have fainted, but he couldn't faint now. Not yet. He tore off a large, sharp piece of wood from the ship deck and threw one of his axes to tarben, who carried on his murderous rage. Tarben hacked away at the tentacles holding Asger. He managed to break him free, and that seemed to be the last of it.
The tentacles broke from the ship and slithered away beneath the surface. Everyone let out a sigh of relief, but, Hammond noticed that someone was gone. A viking was missing, and he wasn't on the ship. Hammond quickly dived into the rainbow-colored waters. "If anything, Bjorn is a good diver. Let's just hope he hasn't been here long." He thought. It wasn't long before Hammond saw the beast's tentacles. He dived into deeper, until he saw the beast's gaping mouth. He turned sharply and saw its eye, twice the size of a shield. He realized the beast saw him. He stabbed its pupil with the first piece of wood and then got to the other eye. He tore out the piece of wood from his arm and stabbed it in its other eye. The beast managed to grab him with its remaining tentacle, but Hammond took of his chainmail which lodged itself in the beast's mouth. It let off the tentacles, and submerged into the depths.
As he was swimming to the surface, he saw something he thought couldn't even appear in fiction. An ugly, pale man with webbed fingers. He had no eyes, and a large mouth with sharp teeth. Its ears seemed to be large gills, and two flaps protruded through what would be his eyes.
He was holding Bjorn by the boot.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

34. @sciller45 Dude - that’s some other Bjorn and someone else’s boot :-P as I said: I wanna disengage for some turns – I’ve got a bigger plot in plan that will collide like tsunami. But it would be great if you would stay on boat with other players, so I’ll add another Viking for the main plot. It can be dope! Come on guys, let’s make this big! @armorplayergc @abcdragon66

sciller45
sciller45
2,836 posts
Justiciar

35. Oh, don't worry with the last paragraph, I was just pulling your leg. HAHAHA! HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA. Ha. Ha. Huh.

'Twas worth it for the pun.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

36. I think you thought he was really going to Valhalla. Boom plot twist incoming :-P

Hahaha I lost my whole bio due to a bug xD I was somehow logged in as PL while having LAP bio - when I accepted changes it changed my armatar and bio on main account... Good that I wrote so little and I won't have problems with getting that back.

Showing 72346-72360 of 78284