ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78292 45620029
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,292 Replies
hirasthegamer
hirasthegamer
77 posts
Bard

8. Is that Jelly fish?

sciller45
sciller45
2,838 posts
Justiciar

9. Wow. That is disgusting. I'm not sure if I would ever want to kill it, yet I still want it to burn. Abcdragon, your drawing instilled in me feelings I never thought I could have.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The group settle down alongside a ravine.

Elder: So, Jellyfish! You said the souls are down there, despite the fact the presence trapped both me and the knight.

Aezullya: And usually, It's a presence, but it possessed abcdragon! It has to follow the rules of her body. It can't just hide the souls. And it can't suck the power out of you. You have to give in to it.

Elder: Uh-huh. And how do you know all this?

Aezullya: I'll let you talk to my master later. Right now, we must save her soul!

Elder: So, how do we get down. Wait... Maybe if we... Hey! Huddle up in the robot's light!

Elder opens up his lantern, from which a sea of fireflies flow out of. They create a platform at the ravine.

Elder: Alright, I don't think they can support all of us. I think I should go and Aezullya with me. Alright?

Elder walks upon the fireflies, which immediately go down. Aezullya elegantly glides down with him. Elder opens up his his lantern, and the fireflies go in. As they walk around, they see countless people, or, better said, faint blue-glowing outlines of what were once people. All of them had a faint light in the middle. The two search for abcdragon's soul, and it's obvious. There's one soul with the brightest light, resisting the darkness, but still, the darkness covering half of her body. Elder focuses the lantern towards the darkness and it burns away. Half of her body remained gone. Possibly the parts struggling to regain control of her mind. The two head on up, dragging her soul up to the group.

Knight: Great! You've found 'er!

Aezullya: Let's not celebrate yet. We have to get her soul to the brain and purge her brain from the void.

hirasthegamer
hirasthegamer
77 posts
Bard

10. I still think that this is jelly fish

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

11. I think the perspective is quite interesting. Nose could be more reptilian.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

Me: But we can't reach the head like this, it's very hard to move in this environment

Knight: HEY! I can see a staircase close to here! And we don't have to get to the other side of the ravine!

Me: *searches for it* Ooooh! rocky staircases that lead to an unknown place! LET'S GO THERE! YAY!

Aezullya: Well, that works I guess, but let's be careful, because as we get close to the brain, the environment can get VERY hostile, because the brain will be fighting against the Void. We don't know what awaits us up there.

Knight: Well... *climbs the first few steps of the staircase* Erm... guys... I can feel... a very, very hostile environment above... there's fire... *he can feel the ground above trembling for a brief moment*

Me: guys... please... let's just... do this as fast as possible? *is scared and afraid*

Aezullya: AGREED! *we go upstairs quickly, we're very scared about what the environment above might be*

*We reach the upstairs environment... wow! we're in a vast desert-like place (or at least a place where the ground is fully made of sand, with no water anywhere near) with a red sun, in the distance, we can see a very tall volcano in eruption, expelling dark red lava, but it is too far to have effect on us here at least...

Besides that, there's a fortified, big and kinda tall city, and an army in the opposite side, with very varied types of soldiers, ranging from regular human-like beings to floating rings, birds, djinns and wyverns, all of them wearing red and black armor... they are starting to attack the city! They are even using stuff like catapults, ballistas and battering-rams. O.o *

Me: people... RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!! TO THE CITY!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! *screams and runs while the army is starting to get close to us* DON'T LOOK BEHIND! *the army starts shooting explosive-fireball-like-stuff, lava, fire, burning stones and things like that, some of them get close to us, but we keep running!*

Knight: WE'RE STARTING TO GET CLOSE! KEEP RUNNING! *the city starts to send attacks against the army, giant electric attacks that seem to deal a very high damage, and that may hit more than one enemy at once, but still, the army is too big!*

Void's voice coming from an unknown place: They can fight... but they can't stand the power of the Sun! I SUMMON THE SUNBIRD TO THIS BATTLEFIELD! *as he says that, a yellow-orange beam of light coming from the Sun to the ground close to the army shines, then, a giant Phoenix appears, and the beam vanishes, then, a few seconds later, we get inside the city, and as we do it, the gates get closed almost instantly*

hirasthegamer
hirasthegamer
77 posts
Bard

14. did you know that jelly fish is immortal?

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

15. Just one species of jellyfish. But they won't ever overrun endoliths on the ocean floor. They formed just too recently to beat lasting millions of years lifespan.

hirasthegamer
hirasthegamer
77 posts
Bard

16. Wow it is the end of June already

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

18. Aaand PL losing again after the first half. At least it is purely due to Colombia being much better. May the better always win.

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

19. *I can see everything going on inside me, and so can the void.*

Me: I am so confused...There's a city inside of me, and it's being attacked. By the Void's soldiers, maybe?

Void: Of course there's a city inside you. Nobody's ever figured out why there are cities inside people I possessed, but of course I stole the soul of everyone who came close to me.

Me: Wow, that makes me feel better.

Void: It's not like I'm trying to support you! I want your soul! I want your friends' souls!

Me: Well as you can see my soul hasn't given up just yet. And neither will I. You know what, I can't just stay here and let my soul be battled for. You can take control of my body for now. *I lose control of my body and gain control of my soul. I look around and see everyone else.* I know that I'm not as strong in this form since the Void has attacked my soul, but I'm going to fight with you. I guess that since I am my soul now, all I have to do is stay alive until I get to my brain.

sciller45
sciller45
2,838 posts
Justiciar

20. Wow, Poland is... seriously sucking during the world championship. I hope they get back on their feet.

Also, have you noticed all the s*** being thrown at Croatia after Argentina lost? Croatia's off to a pretty good start. I hope she continues on strong.

sciller45
sciller45
2,838 posts
Justiciar

The city door quickly closes.

Elder: Uh-uh. Okay. This makes sense. So, we're in a city, inside abcdragon? OK. Sure. Now I just hope there's a marketplace here or something.

The group arrive at a marketplace.

- ALRIGHT! We haven't much time. Let's split up! We MUST find something useful. And no matter what happens, see that chapel over there? If everything goes smoothly, or if everything bad that can happen happens, I want us to meet there, OK? Now quickly!

The group gets split up into two smaller groups: abcdragon's soul, armorplayer, Aezullya and the robot and Elder and the knight. As Elder and the knight enter the marketplace, they are blinded by a myriad of scents and colours. Colourful, patterned, Arabic carpets decorated each stall. Despite the city being under siege, the market was flourishing, albeit, in a frenzy. People bartering their most precious valuables for simple foods and even weapons to defend themselves when the city falls. The morale of the people was completely broken.

The knight stops himself at a stand selling weapons and armour.

- Come on, knight! I think I see something that may be even more useful!

- What could possibly be more useful than armaments right now?

- You'll see.

The knight hesitantly follows Elder, who comes at a stand with hundreds of bells, all containing spices. Everything up to the most exotic scents and spices: salt, pepper, sugar, rosemary, lavender, vegeta, za'tar, baharat...

- "You want to spice up your last meal, I see." The shopkeeper says.

- No, sir, we've come for you dyes.

- "WHAT DO DYES HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING!?!" The knight shouted out.

- Just trust me.

- "Oh, alright. Dyes it is!" The shopkeeper says, as he rolls around a panel containing a whole assortment of dyes of all shades of colour.

- What about your brightest, whitest white?

- Ah, yes, powdered fog! This is the finest white you will ever see. I travel to the other end of the Earth just so I could get my hands on it! That said, it costs a fortune!

- "Oh, no" thought Elder "I forgot we don't have any money!"

- That's a bit too expensi- What?

The whole marketplace turned silent and the shopkeeper disappeared. Another look and no one was there. Suddenly blackness started pouring from the city walls. The city had succumbed to the darkness. Elder quickly grabbed the powdered fog and with the knight, grabbed hold of some of the weapons. The two men sprinted towards the chapel. Nearing the chapel, they heard a voice from the chapel's tower.

- Who's down there!?

- Calm down! We're friendlies!

- Prove i- Is that a lantern?

- YES!

- Alright. Come in, quickly!

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

Wow, Poland is... seriously sucking during the world championship.

Are you kidding me? I've always dreamed that our national team played like Argentina. And now the dreams come true... *aaawwwww*
hirasthegamer
hirasthegamer
77 posts
Bard

24. That moment when my country does not even particapate there... But I am rooting for Germany!

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

25. And I'm rooting for Portugal. If there was Wales and still in the game, I'd root for it instead.

Showing 72046-72060 of 78292