ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78396 46133687
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,396 Replies
abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

27. (I'm going 3rd person because it sounds cooler)

Dragon looked outside the market to see the darkness. She had been looking at the animals, thinking some might have been of use. Panicking, her eyes darted around, and she got sight of something extremely important. A jar of fireflies. She picked up the fireflies and ran.
"Come on, armorplayer, come on, Aezullya! Grab something important and run!"

Dragon flew to the chapel.
"Hey! Who are you?!"
"All you need to know is that I have a jar of fireflies."
"Alright, you're not from the void. Come in."
"Thanks."
Dragon soon saw Elder and the knight.
"Guys, guess what I got! Some backup fireflies, in case we're split up and I need light or if your lantern breaks!"
She saw Elder holding the dye and grinned.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

Me: something important? What can be important in a situation like this? *thinks* AAAAH! *a random guy from the city, who heard me thinking out loud, gets close to me, and starts talking*

Guy: Something important you say, one thing that is important when fighting unknown enemies, my friend, is knowing whom you're fighting against, I, as an adventurer, learned it.

Me: Wh- what? Do you know anything important about those guys?

Adventurer: Yes, young traveller, I have seen some very weird, crazy, and some pretty powerful foes in my journeys!

Me: TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW! D:

Adventurer: Well, you already know those soldiers from that army well, at least you know they're weak to light, the Sunbird however, is an absolute nightmare, but he does have a weakness!

Aezullya: JUST SAY IT! WE'RE IN A HURRY!

Adventurer: He, is made of the stars, he is made of Sun, as a result, all his power and strength rely on one, just ONE thing: heat. The higher his temperature, the stronger and deadlier he gets!

Me: but...

Adventurer: So, what you have to do is lower his temperature, you have to make him colder, right now, he's hotter than a blaze, hotter than fire, hotter than LAVA! Keep cooling him, eventually, he will become grey and slow and weak, as soon as that happens, he will be VERY weak, he will literally be a winged piece of stone, when that happens, you just have to break him apart.

*the Sunbird, flying high up in the sky dives right into the sand, just like it's water, leaving a trail of molten glass below the ground, then, he very quickly flies straight up again, melting a part of the walls of the city, which becomes a fluid similar to lava, but that doesn't hurt anyone, then, he screams like a very angry and powerful bird*

Aezullya: How can we cool that thing?

Adventurer: Well, the best and fastest way to do it is hitting him with... cold things, water would be good, but it's dangerous to go alone, so take this *he gives us a bucket with cold water, and a remote thermometer* When this number here says "200°C (392°F)" or lower, the bird will be super weak and kill-able, right now, it's at *measures his temperature. 5391°C (9736°F)* Good luck.

*the Sunbird sees Aezullya and I, with the cold water, he quickly understands we're going to try to kill him, so, he rushes towards both of us, very quickly, but then, a very long, strong and giant shock attack hits him, which makes him retreat and go close to the army again... he'll be back soon*

Me: well... *we run to the chapel...* let's make a strategy!

NietzTheBlitz
NietzTheBlitz
622 posts
Marquis

29! I'm still confused at the walls of text here lol

hirasthegamer
hirasthegamer
77 posts
Bard

30. Sing it away!
All my troubles away!
Just remembered that song...

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

31. A little football riddle: It's gonna be a match Portugal vs Uruguay on the last of june and since that team is simply immaculate, I'll mention that next in my line for rooting is Croatia. Would be France but they didn't take Benzema. Wales was first on my list (in case PL drops out), but they didn't qualify. Does anybody see the algorithm?

hirasthegamer
hirasthegamer
77 posts
Bard

32. detention 4 you! No running in the halls!

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

34. I guess nobody knows the answer. Nevermind I'll leave it be :-P
Anyone saw KSI bros vs Paul bros conference? So cringey hahaha xD

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

35. For the football riddle, I'm guessing you really like the dress colours red and white because they remind you of Poland, but you don't find blue so shabby, either, so you like france, too. Or is it the flags? Eh, the same thing for the flags.
---
KSI vs Paul bros. KSI's bro fighting Jake Paul and KSI fighting Greg Paul, their creepy deadbeat ped- WALMAART WALMAART WALMAART WLAMAART
---
OK, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. So, I have to choose between two school subjects: Religion and Ethics. My mum wants me to go with religion, but Ethics seems more interesting, even though I don't know a single thing they do at Ethics. What do you guys think?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Sunbird attacks Armorplayer and Aezullya, but just before it struck them, the priest rang the bell of the chapel, as the shock wave pulsated across the city, it pushed back the Sunbird. The three get to the chapel, show them the robot and entered the chapel.

The inside of the chapel was cool and bright, or at least, will be bright after the impending darkness outside. The rope used to ring the bell got sliced off, the presence realized that it's a threat.
- A few minutes beforehand -
-"So, pastor" Elder said "You said something about a lighthouse?"

- "Yes, but it was abandoned after the sea dried out. If you plan on finding that door of yours, you'll need light!" Replied the pastor.

- So how do we get there?

- Well, the safest way would be through the sewers, but if you light the lighthouse, the soldiers will probably hide in the sewers.

- How can we get there?

- Well, all the manholes were closed shut. The only way in you could use would be the dungeon. We'd have gone along, but we only have torches.

- Wait, we?

A group of pastors all holding torches go out of hiding.

- Alright, you'll lead us to it once armorplayer and Aezu-

- "Pastor!" The guard said "Some new people have come here! They said they were Armorplayer and Azulya"

- Great! Let them in! Now, TO THE LIGHTHOUSE!

The group head on into the sewers...

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

36. Hahaha, fortunately Paul's dad, Greg isn't going to fight. Although pitting their fathers against each other could add some zest. And you didn't guess the algorithm - it has to do with my fave club, rooting for which gets more and more clichéd every year, but I'm all for them for almost two decades.

hirasthegamer
hirasthegamer
77 posts
Bard

37. What is your favourite emojy? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

38. Before I make a roleplay post, are we currently in the sewer or the dungeon to get to the sewer?

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

39. @abcdragon66 I ended it in the sewer, or, well, at least, we're in the dungeon near the opening, surrounded by the pastors. I actually meant something closer to tomb where they would bury an influential priest or similar. Dungeon was a very wrong word for what I meant.

@PLGuy I'll get cracking on your riddle once I'm done with work, so in about 3 hours.

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

So, I want to write a haiku
So I went to the most trustworthy site
rt.com
to find out how to write one
Did I do it?

NietzTheBlitz
NietzTheBlitz
622 posts
Marquis

42. I'm not sure, your haiku's different from Kat's

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

43. There's something wrong with your haiku, but I just can't put my finger on it... I believe it's missing two words "right". Yeah, I think that's it.

Showing 72061-72075 of 78396