analytics and serving ads.
Forums → Forum Games → Count to 100: Challenge of Endurance
The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!
HOW TO PLAY
1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) posts if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden posts if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.
No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.
COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".
Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!
bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.
2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.
USERS - 45 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2
LAST TWO WINS
44. 100! - October 11, '19 at 08:58 am, 10 users, 23 days 20 hours 57 minutes.
sciller45 (3), charlesjoseph , disastermaster30, Bears Bears Bears, robsob20061017, Yellowcat , Hunter902 , armorplayergc , bensonbeagle, meaosome
45. 100! - May 09, '20 at 00:03 am, 13 users, 50 days 6 hours 5 minutes.
disastermaster30 (1), RebelGamer_98, Bears_Bears_Bears , red303 , Yellowcat (1), armorplayergc , ismael6, sciller45 (3), Hunter902 , akshobhya , GhostOfMatrix , lozerfac3, SpiritTaker
- 76,727 Replies
21. Are you talking about the Ct100? Well, there's a reason the quest is insane, but the accomplishment feels great. BTW, I may not be as active on here as usual due to personal reasons.
23: How long does the quest usually take on average? Assuming no moderators come and ruin our fun
Usually, it takes a month or two (on a successful run) but when you account for all of the errors and modsniping, it comes closer to a year.
2. Yup. What Meaosome said.
You think maybe someone's post got deleted? If so, that's not very fair. Evero, what happened?
3. Yeah... I'm also curious as to why the number was skipped, although it's not that big of a deal since we weren't even a quarter of the way there 🙃
4. Someone posted 23 with a couple of words in a language I think was Polish. His post was subsequently deleted either by him or by a mod.
5. Do you mean 22, or was the run over even before it was over?
6. Well maybe they should've *polished* their post more.
7. Do we need to restart due to the b2b posting?
8. Yeah I meant 22 and no there isnt any b2b
9. Nope. No need to restart. It's a B2B if and only if it's P1-P2-P1-P2.
But if it were a mod... I suppose it might count as foul play by the mods? Or maybe spam that could be ignored... hm.
This is the one about foul play:
3.2.1 Team Mod is not allowed to modify the thread or the posts therein by locking, deleting, moving, the thread or posts or using Moderator or Administrator actions not in the capacity of enforcing the site's rules to reach a count of 100.
Clarification: The thread title may be edited, but not to the effect that users cannot find the thread at all by the title.
So, the correct thing to do would've been to ignore the Polish post, I guess.
10. Maybe it was a spam account and got deleted because I checked it and it only had 2 posts(one in ct100), both in a non-english language. Or maybe the person who made the account was just trolling the thread.
11. I remember the post. It wasn't a mod. I doubt that they would stoop that low. I think that it was just someone who doesn't understand the rules of the site.
12. Let's hope this time no one will disrupt the count
13. I have no doubt that a mod removed that, but I wonder what a better course of action would've been. Would it be better to just edit it? That way, no count is disrupted and it's simpler for the counters. Or is it better to ignore it and have the counters themselves decide that ignoring the offending post is the right thing to do? There should at least be a post informing everyone of what happened. eg.
"Post no. 23 was spam and was deleted. Please, carry on counting/reset now."
You must be logged in to post a reply!