ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78397 46176942
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,397 Replies
saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
598 posts
Shepherd

32. That depends on whether posting the string "30." counts as ONLY posting the number or not; I guess you could argue that its posting the number AND a period although this is risky. I would check with HahiHa before continuing this count further. The rules state the count must be restarted ONLY in the case of "breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating".

P.S. This is what lawyers do all day long.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

33. I don't know what'll happen but might as well continue on at this point

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
598 posts
Shepherd

34. Hahiha has been notified by Widestinger. I'll continue this count since it is relatively far along already unless we hear back with a definitive "no".

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

35. Like I have said countless of times: Just ignore troll posts like this one. The rules clearly state that you can. Someone should have just counted 30 after him.

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
598 posts
Shepherd

36. I think it was more of an ignorant post by someone who was new to the forum game "Count to 100".

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

If it had been a non-count post or an obvious troll and/or anything defined under 'spoiling', you could have ignored it. Unfortunately, in this case the rules are quite clear:

2.4 No counter may post only the number or gibberish with the number.
4.0 The count shall be restarted from 1 if:
4.0.5 a spam post, defined Section 2.4, is made.

The thing with the multiple one- or two-word counts is if the post does contain text in addition to the number, and is not gibberish, but too short. Such posts would not automatically disqualify the count, unless there are 'too many' (which I think is left vague on purpose to give the commissioner some leeway to judge situations independently). As for what counts as 'too short', there is no strict definition either, understandably, but as a rule of thumb: if your post contains ca. 7 words or more and/or is a complete sentence and/or is a direct response to another post, you're on the safe side.

Hope that helps. Sorry for the count.

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
598 posts
Shepherd

Restarting the count due to spamming:

1. No problem Hahiha. Thanks for explaining.

Widestsinger
Widestsinger
314 posts
Bard

2. ;( really thought I got ignored by Hahiha just looked back at the forms and we have to restart, you know every time we get far to when I thing this might go on longer that I thought someone has to ruin it.

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
598 posts
Shepherd

3. "The only problem with real life is that it involves real pain."

P.S. I deserve an honorary law degree for making that period argument.

Hunter902
Hunter902
243 posts
Scribe

4. Here to lead the count on, huzzah!

Widestsinger
Widestsinger
314 posts
Bard

5. Thank you kind sir I was waiting for someone to count!

ps: nice swords and souls pfp I would of had it but I had it on and old account when I wasn't 13 and now I cant get it back ;( UNLESS A MOD GIVES IT BACK TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
598 posts
Shepherd

6. I'm glad to see someone with a rank above nomad still active.

Widestsinger
Widestsinger
314 posts
Bard

7. he's our lord and savor!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

8. There are still mods here! Big surprise.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

9. It's equally surprising to see you here too (not that I'm a mod)

Showing 76006-76020 of 78397