ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Garlic Appreciation Club

78431 47100044
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,431 Replies
sciller45
sciller45
2,856 posts
Justiciar

39. Old for a student? No such thing! Age is no matter in the academy. A man ought to be a lifelong student. Though maybe not... officially. That'd be an excellent way of attaining several lifetimes of loan interest.

I'm studying computing. Then, if I can get a job with a Bachelor's, I'll do that, if not, I suppose I'd master in Software Engineering. I studied music theory in High School, too.

I got started with Game Development as well! I'd made several (terrible) video games with Construct in middle school. All lost now. My brother and cousins bullied me into deleting it. Not that they were any good. Today, I only have a few ideas and one unfinished project which I'll totally finish this February.

How come you're not working in gamedev? Anything to do with the supposedly terrible working conditions in gamedev?

Solas128
Solas128
144 posts
Scribe

40. I did some sort of game development back in middle school, although it wasn't really much of my own game.

Also, I'm sorry to hear that you were bullied into deleting your own construct games, even if they weren't good at all.

JimSlaps
JimSlaps
54 posts
Shepherd

41. I'm studying accounting and business management at my career tech. school, and the plan is to follow it up with 4 years at a local uni. After that, I get to join the funniest career in the world, accounting. (It's not actually the funniest career in the world (It was a lie (Finance isn't fun)))

sciller45
sciller45
2,856 posts
Justiciar

42. My sister studied economics and... entrepreneurship? Excellent way to spend 5 years in **** [on the seaside], not so good a way to get hireable skills. She's just finishing it now, and going back home (permanently) this March or April. Not sure what her job will be, but hey, she's got a diploma.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,783 posts
Chamberlain

43. @sciller45 A couple reasons I'm not in game dev atm. First being that it's supposed to be pretty dang hard to land a job in game dev without prior development experience. The second being.. Well you guessed it.. Harder work, longer hours for the sweet sweet reward of less pay (usually). I hope to someday do it, but it'll probably have to be as an indie dev or at one of the rare few companies that actually treats and pays their employees like they're people who would like to live.

Those are also...Interesting.. choices of majors for your sister. There are certainly less useful degrees but those don't really come to mind as good degrees to pursue for having a stable future

JimSlaps
JimSlaps
54 posts
Shepherd

44. I would never go into entrepreneurship, too much responsibility, and I'm too silly. Making my own job would stress me out like crazy. I just want a stack of papers to do for a day, then not care about work when I leave. As for economics, more like, grossonomics.

Also, good thing I refreshed the page. I was debating not doing so, but then the count would've had to be reset.

sciller45
sciller45
2,856 posts
Justiciar

45. No clue why the name of a town got censored. No matter. Yeah, it seems game dev is the programmer's hobby. Just like an architect's art. Something fun on the side, and a proper job at the front.
No shame in an honest, stable, dull job. 'Twas the state of most before us, though before you had no choice but farming. Perhaps not *that* stable a job...

About my sister's college majors, they were indeed interesting choices. I tried to tell her when she was picking her High School and College. She'd always enjoyed cooking and baking. She regrets it now. Always planned to start a... "Konditorei"? Apparently it's a central-European thing. Like a cafe, but with cakes, cookies and ice cream.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,783 posts
Chamberlain

46. Things like that help me really appreciate that I'm one of the lucky few that likes what I'm good at, and that thing also pays well. It's truly a shame how many people don't have that

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
606 posts
Shepherd

47. "A man ought to be a lifelong student"; I couldn't agree more; I guess I was just looking at the matter statistically. I got a bachelor's degree in mathematics and a master's degree in statistics. I currently work at a job that is my dream job because it uses my degree in a productive and meaningful way, pays exceedingly well (being that I don't have a family), and BEST OF ALL its really hard to get rid off. Turns out that fundraising jobs have a lot of red tape around them like tenured professorships. So, if I have a bad day or couple of days at work I don't have to die of panic attacking about losing my job and winding up like hobo (a dangerously alarming possibility when you are born with roughly only one functioning lung and half a dozen psychiatric disorders.) P.S. If you want any game ideas, talk to me.

HalRazor
HalRazor
164 posts
Grand Duke

48. @Sciller45: Konditorei is a german word. It ist like a bakery, but has no bread and is specialized on sweet and complicate stuff, like cream cake, pralinés and wedding cake.https://www.konditorei-thron.de/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Thron-LUTZ8046.jpg

Solas128
Solas128
144 posts
Scribe

49. At first, I thought Konditorei was a german sword.

HalRazor
HalRazor
164 posts
Grand Duke

50. The pankake is mightier than the sword!

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
606 posts
Shepherd

51. Unless, I'm mistaken I see bread in that picture though.

sciller45
sciller45
2,856 posts
Justiciar

52. In the spirit of Drak - Congrats on 2^9 = 512 posts! YAY!

There's no bread in that picture. Except maaybe the croissants and other pastries? But those are pastries, not proper bread.
Konditorei is the closest thing to the English word. We call it a slatičar here. Meaning "Sweetmaker".

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

53 We're more than halfway there.

Showing 77416-77430 of 78431