Forums → Forum Games → Count to 100: Haiku Mania
The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!
HOW TO PLAY
1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) posts if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden posts if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.
No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.
COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".
Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!
bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.
2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.
USERS - 35 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2
LAST TWO WINS
34. 100! - Feb 09, '18 at 6:13 pm, 6 users, 7 hours 14 mins.
abcdragon66, PLGuy (1), lithium923, KatPryde , luis3141, Olaffours (1)
35. 100! - Feb 18, '18 at 11:49 am, 15 users, 4 days, 22 hours 48 mins.
SirLegendary (2), PLGuy (1), KatPryde , luis3141 (1), Majestic_Fish , sciller45 (1), Ramit12 , XxTattyKxX, Olaffours (1), TheMostManlyMan (1), Yellowcat , abcdragon66 , ImSkysock, GamerNikoBellic, lithium923 
- 73,203 Replies
20. Woah, what the heck!? What is happening here? If you guys want to do rp, go create an rp thread.
21. I'm back and I see that I made two mistakes: there should be reverse, reverse etc. psychology and not counter, counter psychology, 2nd mistake: the type of silver that rapier is made of should be "alchemical silver".
@Yellowcat find us good Dungeon Master and we could make D&D adventure on AG xD
I am not good at
Creating characters; so,
I'll just watch this round.
23. Yellowcat, I just wanted something interesting to do here. *Scorch gets angry and makes a lightning ball.* (Also, I need to add to my character: Gets mad easily and throws lightning balls when mad.)
Hey, why aren't there any
role-playing threads, huh?
25. There are role-playing
threads around, but you have to
just look hard enough.
26. Then i guess we'll scrap the sorry existences of our characters (except PL's, his is a good one) and wait for a role-playing thread when we really want to rp.
27. MF you're alchemist, so I'd say the best class combination for you would be wizard+rogue. Some dexterity and lots of intelligence. If you describe his appearance more I will upload here how NWN2 appearance (like that drow sorcerer I posted). Abcdragon on the other hand looks for me as fighter-sorcerer hybrid. If nobody else joins we have unbalanced team, but no worries. Two other characters wander in my mind right now: a fallen palladin and a battle cleric. Any of these two would perfectly complete our trio, adding a tank that uses divine magic - healing, blessing etc. That sorcerer could use strong illusions and other deception magic, which could make great combo with MF alchemy. But also according to D&D invocation school is forbidden for illusion talent and these are spell protection, charm and crowd control spells, all great for quick battles. Long story short that sorcerer would be useless for our trio :-P
28. I almost got ninja'd. And we don't have to have specific classes. And now I realize you have never played in my rp group. I have a group of real life friends and we love to rp, but there are no specific classes. I'll make a rp thread tomorrow since I'm going to Disneyland today
29. I played with buddies without any campaign setting, but using whole rule set and character sheets from edition 3.5 of D&D and creating the story on our own. Since we didn't have a good DM (all of us were partially a DM) it soon became a mess. Especially when our palladin decided to "spare" a goblin's life by cutting of his limbs an putting him into his backpack. A little bit OOC, right? But I've got MUCH more and MUCH better experiences with D&D from PC games.
Here on CT100 we had about 4 different RP journeys. None of them survived for too long. It was lots of fun, but I'd blame lack of any rules for their premature endings.
30. Is the onion one considered a complete rp?
31. In my opinion yes. The world was destroyed and renewed, so it had kinda complete composition. Anyway it was great, we should make anime about that!
Are fun, but only if one
Knows what one's doing....
33. And DM is needed especially when new person is learning. Otherwise it's a debate between other players what should that new player do during every move.
34. ahhh old D&D games during the pc games gold age ... i still replay Baldur's gate 2 (because i lost my BG1 cds ...) from time to time and others old "vintage" pc games like starcraft (1), diablo 1-2, Morrowind and want to play again some others like carmaggedon 2, halflife1 etc but lost the "atches" to play them on new windows version or "recorded cds" died, snif snif i miss Windows98 and Xp days
You must be logged in to post a reply!