ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78407 46492026
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,407 Replies
sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

45. Alright. I have 23 posts, so about until the end of month to think of something and execute...

2^14 is close, a great number and most likely the last of powers of two you'll post on this site.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

46. yes, unless I wanna reach 32768 posts here XD
as far as I know, no one has ever reached that many

the user with the most posts I've ever seen on AG had only 20,712 posts

he would still need +12056 posts to reach 2^15 o.o

Hunter902
Hunter902
243 posts
Scribe

47. Wow, I'm assuming that they stopped playing since they are offline and the fact that they have no other achievements than the old websites ones all the way up to King.

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

48. This site should have been advertised more. It was a huge success 10 years ago but kids grew up since then and most of them stopped playing flash games. Now hardly any new players join. That's why the forums are so inactive.

sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

49. I suppose it's just not as popular to play flash games anymore. Why play Strike Force Heroes when you could play Call of Duty or its other popular free-to-play alternatives.
Most people have blazing fast connections (relative to 10 years ago) and lots of storage. There's just not much purpose to play flash games other than the short time (which people have more of now). Not to mention the outdated-ness of flash and popularity of mobile games.

To be frank, I'm not sure whether I want to do something for 2222. Just lack motivation.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

50. well, actually another thing that makes it even harder for Flash games is that there haven't been many amazingly awesome games recently

like, don't get me bad, but in AG for example, talking about some of AG's popular games:

Kingdom Rush: Frontiers was released on AG in 2013. Origins was only released for PC last year (and only on Steam I think), and Vengeance hasn't even got a PC release (at least not yet)

GemCraft: Chasing Shadows was released in 2014, and it looks like Frostborn Wrath will only be released for Steam (hopefully this year)

Epic Battle Fantasy: EBF 4 was released on AG in 2013, Bullet Heaven 2 in 2015; then, last year EBF 5 was released only on Steam and a free version of it on the developer's website

Swords and Souls: the original one was released here in 2015, and the new one has been released only on Steam as far as I know

Give Up: the new one has just been released, and only on Steam (as far as I know)

Don't Escape: the 4th game was released on Steam, but not on AG

So, like, I think one of the main problems might be that these games that used to be very popular here have moved on to Steam (or mobile)

charlesjoseph
charlesjoseph
287 posts
Herald

51. Yeah, with flash dying and old flash creators moving to Steam (and probably more) websites like this are slowly dying

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

52. That's true. I think AG has like more than 100k flash games. But now devs don't make games for the shake of it. In the previous decade, people would make flash games just for fun, not expecting much(or any) money in return. Now, no one does that. People just make games for an income. All the major hits flash games have gotten a premium sequel. And most devs have moved on from flash games to mobile games or other platforms.

Hunter902
Hunter902
243 posts
Scribe

53. It's understandable that they want an income for what they do, but those days when you could just go and find a game that you didn't have to worry about downloading or "wasting" your parents money on are sadly coming to a minimum.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

"wasting" your parents money

well, yes, I mean, I've bought quite a few games on Steam during my lifetime (and some non-Steam games as well)

TBH, I feel kinda bad for wasting my mother's money with this, I really like these games, but I'm making my mother waste money when I buy them :/

I usually end up waiting for Steam's sales though, there were games that I got 90% off with that!

But now that I'm thinking about it, I used to spend waaaaaaaaaay more money with games than I do nowadays, back when I was a kid and played games on my PS2... those games were way more expensive (and I didn't get 90% off on them sometimes)

Most of the games I bought recently were relatively cheap thanks to the sales, so it's not thaaaat bad, but I still feel kinda bad for making her waste money with this :|

My computer is start to get pretty slow too, I've had it for 4.5 years roughly, I really need to lower most or all the video settings to the lowest level when playing most games (and still don't usually get over 30 or 40 fps, even on lighter games *cough* Minecraft *cough*)

I think the only game I can really play with all settings maxed and (almost) always at 60 fps is Kingdom Rush Origins

But I don't wanna ask for a new computer, things aren't going very well and we need to save some money here

Minecraft (especially with mods!), Rocket League, Crash Bandicoot, GTA V and some other games at a good fps with good video settings can wait...

Oh, we're getting close to page #5000, aren't we? =o

(again, we've probably got to page #5000 like e or 4 times in Count to 100 XD, and in one of them, I got the first post )

sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

55. Yeah. Now, I'm not sure of the exact timeline, but the amazing game devs don't have to physically publish games, which I'm sure impeded them maybe from 0 GE(Gaming Era)-2010 AD. Then it'd take a few years for the insecurity to diffuse. Now it's much safer to publish a game on steam. Plus it means you can be more invested in a project without losing money.

Safe to say, the good ones have moved on to the big leagues. Well, bigger leagues.

I know the feeling of not wanting to waste your parents' money. Other than Crush the Castle, 'twas the main reason I got here.
I only used my own money to buy video games. Whichever way I earned it.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

1. Just a drop in... somehow this also drops the count.

sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

1. I knew it would come eventually, but not like this!

Not like this...

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

2 faster than last time

Hunter902
Hunter902
243 posts
Scribe

3. Oh well, back to the counting board.

Showing 74626-74640 of 78407