ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78377 46094449
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,377 Replies
sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

23. I wanted to post a post in the proper thread, but I thought, hey I could add a number.

What'll happen to (chat) wardens like Doombreed?
Saw a comment on Doombreed(An AG warden who moved to Kongregate 'cause Kong had chat)'s profile saying:

Dont worry, almost everyone stopped logging in with both KoT and AG chat gone.

I understand AG was hit with some security breaches. I remember my details being leaked and I reckon that was through AG chat. On the other hand, chat(which I personally never used, other than the CT100 chat) seemed to be the force that kept quite a few people visiting. It was the company they had and people they talked to that was the only thing anchoring them to Armor Games. Like the forums currently are to me.

Discord clearly didn't work out either. Their first "official" discord being used for playtesting, and as of currently abandoned. The last post was by me two days ago, but the post before that was I believe the summer of 2019. With me and Adam talking about how dead the discord server was.
There's also a new discord, but that one has a rules channel and a channel with a bunch of "This game is a super-cool puzzle and you can play it here-armorgames.com/superCoolPuzzlemania" you can't type in.
Dear God, I just noticed the armorgames.com doesn't have "www." before it. In the 9 years I was here.

It would've been nice if they all went to the forums, but that clearly didn't happen.

AP! Could you post an invite to the Allegal discord Uerver? I'm curious about how things are going on around there. They don't really have a good reason to oppose it.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

24. oh, what I remember from that entire Discord saga was that someday, Storm (IIRC) created an unofficial Discord server for AG and shared it in the forums, then quite a few people joined (including me)... eh... I remember having invited some people to that server

well, after that point, I forgot some stuff and don't remember what exactly happened in what order, but IIRC, AG (some mods/admins) never approved our Discord server because well, it was unofficial (and more activity there indirectly meant less activity here), then some people from the Discord server got angry at that (like MattEmAngel), especially after AG decided to make their own official Discord server

I remember things going quite insane, apparently links to the unofficial server had been deleted and things like that

MattEmAngel left both AG and our Discord server not long after that. I did ask him if he was leaving because of all that stuff that went on, but he denied it (dunno though, I think that might have actually been the reason)

our server was originally called "Armor Games Unfiltered" (AGU), then it was renamed to "Illegal Armor Games Server" (then the server was later renamed to Allegal GarmorGames Uerver to keep the old AGU abbreviation) lol

then after that, well, some people left, some people joined, most people don't talk anything on the uerver, but our uerver is still active thanks to a few people who talk on a daily basis

welp... here is the link to our uerver, Sciller: https://discord.gg/cSVPrHy

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

25. I don't remember any of that stuff considering it happened before I got anywhere ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ap... what have you done......

ismael6
ismael6
108 posts
Baron

26. Never realized it was spelled Garmorgames and Uerver lol

RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

27. Since I don't use Discord nor plan on using it in the foreseeable future, is it fine if I change the topic to something else?
No hate towards Discord or anything.

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

28. Just when the discussion was getting heated.Sarcasm intensifies

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

29. If the discussion was heated, and the discussion was about discord, does that mean that discord is heated?

RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

30. I really have no idea. Also, happy Easter! Even though everyone at my house is 18 years or older, I literally spent about half an hour putting Easter eggs all over the house for my little sister - and my mom after I encouraged her to participate. Covid-19 may have prevented us from visiting friends this year, but darn it if I let it take away all of our fun! Do you non-Americans have the same/similar traditions for Easter as well (in this case, hiding plastic eggs filled with candy for children to find and collect) or is it totally different?

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

31. Happy Easter, guys!

Our family always had a very mystical Christmas ritual (Baking a specific kind of bread, blessing it, and feeding it to all of the farm animals being one of them. I reckon it's what you get when you mix 5 countries and ethnic groups into one family), but our easter ones were always very "generic Croat".
The kids (considering no one is a child right now, I took upon that responsibility. I wonder what my neighbours thought of me picking grass and flowers from the front lawn) usually make a nest and place it in front of the house, and I believe write letters and leave them in the nests, but I doubt it's as common as in Christmas. The easter bunny doesn't hide eggs and presents, but rather just leaves them in the nests. Also, they're biological eggs, and kids usually wake up at 5-6 and compete to see who wakes up (and gets the chocolates) first. Nowadays, I'm the only one of my siblings who isn't cynical about it.
Way back, when candy wasn't that common, kids probably got fruit, nuts, and painted eggs in the nests, but nowadays it's mostly candy and toys.

Easter always had good food. Ham and eggs (we all choose an egg and duke it out to see who's the alpha. It's my favourite part. I wish I could send ham for everyone to try, but you'll have to trust that, God, it's so juicy) for breakfast, cabbage rolls and Olivier salad for lunch (Which was usually at my grandparents' house, but for quarantine...) and, well, no dinner because after stuffing your mouth with all that goodness you couldn't possibly be hungry.

Alongside copious amounts of praying sprinkled in between.

Well, that's my essay. I'm writing this at midnight and I'm still full from lunch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe it means that the discord is on fire. Or, since it seems to be blazing sarcasm, that it's somehow lodged itself in ice.

TildeTildeTildeTildeTildeTildeTildeTildeTildeTildeTilde

Hm. It's April 13th. I'm trying to remember something but it's just not coming back. What is it, what is it...

2 days! I have 2 more days' time! But what for? What could it be... A great rift, shining shimmering refractions, twisting and turning shadows. So close, yet so far away. *sighs*

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

32. 2 more days? I indeed have two more days of classes left for this year
TildeTildeTildeTildeTilde
That's a lot of stuff to do on Easter, wow....

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

33. Here in Greece we are orthodox, so easter is this Sunday. We have a tradition of painting some eggs red and breaking them with one another when easter comes. It goes like this: 2 people play and hold an egg. The first person hits the other person's egg with his egg top-to-top and then the second person hits the first person's egg bottom-to-bottom. Dunno if I explained it well enough.

RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

34. How do you have only two more days of classes left? My classes don't end until May.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

29. If the discussion was heated, and the discussion was about discord, does that mean that discord is heated?

Yes

Do you non-Americans have the same/similar traditions for Easter as well (in this case, hiding plastic eggs filled with candy for children to find and collect) or is it totally different?

Well, here in Brazil there are chocolate eggs, but we give them to people directly instead of hiding them (and sometimes people tell young children that the Easter Bunny laid those eggs )

but TBH, the idea of hiding the eggs and trying to find them actually also sounds fun

Hm. It's April 13th. I'm trying to remember something but it's just not coming back. What is it, what is it...

2 days! I have 2 more days' time! But what for? What could it be... A great rift, shining shimmering refractions, twisting and turning shadows. So close, yet so far away. *sighs*

hmm... April 15th... hmmm... what could it be? *thinking*

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

36. Hello folks! It has been a looong time since I last showed up here. Feels great to come back and see familiar users still keeping this alive! (Not sure if many still recognize me though)

Would anyone take the time and kindly update me with what all I missed in the past couple of years?

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

37. I would but I don't know either. Not much from what I've heard.

Showing 75136-75150 of 78377