ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Games Chat

78613 55014935
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,613 Replies
sciller45
sciller45
2,870 posts
Chancellor

5. @PLGuy, regarding your call outs, I told you I wasn't available today. My aunt celebrated her birthday and we ended up bowling and drinking a delicious, girly vodka. How do men get stuck with beer, while women get to drink the good stuff.

P.S. Well, ain't you the luckiest, Kat?

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

7. @sciller45 oh, I had seen you online like an hour before we started so there was some hope. Also it's not that I remember schedules of every person around. Not that I watch you all through those little notebook cameras. Hah! I knew you'll check it now... but I couldn't see that, yeah ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'll join with happy birthday to everyone who has a birthday today! Besides Sciller's aunt that would be two more people, thanks fb for a prompt. Who are you people?!

@KatPryde BTW, don't you wanna join the CT100 discord? Maybe it'll be more active now (but don't count on me - especially that messages crash Settlers 3)

Also, also, I happen to know somebody very lucky here - @AmyClyne I don't remember anyone with 10 posts and CT100 quest xD We were trying to wake you up for like 15 minutes with Funguy :-P

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

9. Congrats on the win guys! Kat, you're already in the main discord, and that's nice.

AmyClyne
AmyClyne
136 posts
Princess

And I'm over here still chilling and expect the climb to be not so fast, now I'm sitting here failed to get the chance to snipe the 100th slot.. well it's better that way rather than ninja-ing and start from 1 all over again.

I played quite a bit of game here before I made an acc in AG, sad to say I have to play again for those quest RIP ;-; but among those good games are EBF4, kingdom rush series (I had to play the 3rd one on phone since it cost $), many other adventure games.... It's a good experience enjoying all these story games that are really good. Some games have exploits and I also had fun exploiting them too xD In the end, it's the fun that matters.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

11. Sniping 100 when not counting with us until the end? That would be plainly mean :-P I counted it twice while finishing count 13 times - the quest and a merit are for every member of a successful count.

I liked those too. Also Gemcraft, Swords and Souls, Rogue Soul and whatnot from favourites. Dayum, from quest games there were less that I disliked.

BTW, a good choice for walkthroughs - EBF 1-3 don't have them ;-) And I totally don't mention that cause I want to beat them before EBF5 is released and guides would be nice :-P

Majestic_Fish
Majestic_Fish
1,917 posts
Chancellor

12. EBF 1 and 2 I totally skipped, played a lil bit and then just didn't continue. EBF 3, reached final boss in EZ and failed to beat him. Then quit.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

13. That's definitely an asset of these games. They are challenging. I only hope that builds are similar to ones in EBF4. It took some time to figure out what equipment is the best and how distribute permanent bonuses.

sciller45
sciller45
2,870 posts
Chancellor

15. By now I would've played Grmcraft, but something in me just screams "It'll take a bajillion hours to finish!" and "You're a grown man now, you can't play flash games!" pfft. I'll show it! I'm just as much as a child as anyone else!
Hm, a moth... I mean. Wow a. Gray. Butterfly. Whoo whee. Watch out, I'll catch you!

Seriously, though, I want to play gamed like Gemcraft and AC black flag, but I constantly have the feeling that it'll take 100 hours from my life like Fallout.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

16. I played only those GC with quests. I really liked Labyrinth - besides being a challenging TD there is that sinister atmosphere. When I was bored with the in-game songs I played Diablo soundtracks which suited even better. Chasing Shadows wasn't my game. The only hard levels I played were Challenges, otherwise you could just be a one trick pony and build for one superstrong gem on each avenue - you don't have to play hard levels to get AG quests. That doesn't change the fact that I didn't feel like playing harder levels to 100% the game. And there was an annoying quest that required lots of luck. ><'

If I remember correctly, Chasing Shadows can be a really long game if you wanna 100% it. And you can play these games like forever since there's a mode with 1337 waves for like every level. But it was premium I think? It was a long time ago... Dunno anything about the Steam version too. I passed when there was a sale.

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

17. I don't have money to spend on steam, I can only play the free games/ free keys that I can get.

sciller45
sciller45
2,870 posts
Chancellor

18. 1337 waves XD. Wonder if any poor soul actually rose up to the challenge. My brother was the biggest completionist. He'd play 50 games and wanted to get steam achievements on every one, and he'd HAVE to get 'em himself. If you did ONE achievement, he'd know. Don't think he'd go through 1337 waves in each of the God-knows-how-many levels just to 100% a game (and the storyline is finished).

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

20. @KatPryde I understand that you bought Chasing Shadows? I've mixed things up - 1337 waves are in GC Labyrinth in endurance mode, maybe with some setup. I saw that only on @armorplayergc screenshot, like a year ago. Anyway, in CC there's also endurance (infinite?) and that begs for some crazily hard achievements. I'd check everything if I were on PC.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

21. GemCraft Labyrinth's Endurance has 1337 waves, and 169 fields in total, but I've only won like 20 Endurances on it, they aren't really that hard once you reach a high level, even with the highest difficulty settings

GemCraft Chasing Shadows has 999 waves on Endurance mode, but compared to the previous game, these Endurances are HARD, I have 122 hours on it on Steam, and I went above level 5000 or 6000, yet I only managed to win 1 Endurance, on the easiest field, and in the lowest difficulty possible (Looming)

But I mean, it's a really nice game, the only problem is that it gets very laggy if you make a very serious Endurance run...

Hopefully though, the next GemCraft won't have this issue, I've read that they're making it less laggy

I'm also anxious for Epic Battle Fantasy V, and Kingdom Rush: Origins for Steam...

Raiiker
Raiiker
13 posts
Chamberlain

23. In Swords and Souls who has the highest strength training record? Mine is 3182

sciller45
sciller45
2,870 posts
Chancellor

24. Not sure about what others think, but I found Swords and Souls too grindy to be enjoyable. Or maybe I just suck. Probably the latter.

Oof. 169 field with 1337 waves. Did that maths and that's ≈ 226.000 waves.
Are levels in Gemcraft like in Cursed Treasure 2/Kingdom Rush? Or are they shorter and easier levels?

Showing 72586-72600 of 78613