ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Games Chat

78613 55015144
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,613 Replies
armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

26. well, if you mean the levels including Endurance, especially in GemCraft Chasing Shadows, GemCraft is harder

but if you meant only the normal levels, I think GemCraft is easier because you can always level up, get lots of skill points and become powerful, while your maximum power in Cursed Treasure is kinda limited once you've maxed all the skills

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

27. 3182 in strength training - oh Gosh! 0_0 I barely did the requirement for that quest. I think that was 300 and I made 8 more. And I can kinda cover my low skillz with lagz I had in that game (that species with image slideshow and variables working like a gold).

Swords and Souls is kinda grindy, but still it's much less repetitive than TDs in general. But so are most action RPGs. I don't mind repetitive games - after you get grip on them, they leave lots of brain unused, perfect for things like audiobooks. The difficulty in Cursed Treasure 2 and GM Labyringth was very similar in my case. They have many differences in gameplay, though. I became better at GM quicker.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

29. Like I didn't enjoy Chasing Shadows. Yesterday I found this creepy short film Makes me wanna concoct some sick creepypasta.

sciller45
sciller45
2,870 posts
Chancellor

30. And like I didn't play it. Luckily, I am free tomorrow and Monday is a holiday, so I think I'll play through Gemcraft. After a few years of delaying it, I'll at least pass the first one.

@PLGuy that is seriously sick. Best part is [Watch it first if you didn't already. It's only 5 minutes long] when he started eating the other boy's blended up remains. "Yeah, a giant almost blended me up and ate me while he was watching TV and I'm not sure he's dead. Well... I'm not going to let that other boy rot. Starving children in Africa and all that. Yum!".

I'm surprised that Hansel and Gretel isn't so much different from the original. Most fairy tales are IIRC mellower versions of the original, while H&G remained mostly the same.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

32. Hehehe xD I didn't warn about anything so you guys could be as surprised as me with that animation. I think it's brilliant. Only some pieces from Crypt TV are comparible from the horror shorts I've watched so far. Now it's kinda hard to decide which should be played first in GM series, the first part or Chapter 0.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

1. Btw, I did the checking of the count and all that. Sorry for the delay. I'd be happy if posts like #74 would remain a rarity, but other than that it was fine.

chucho123456
chucho123456
2 posts
Lord

2. this will never end.

Raiiker
Raiiker
13 posts
Chamberlain

3. Did we reset because b2b? and also did anyone get 100% on Rogue Soul 2 (This means getting all the distance trophies too).

sciller45
sciller45
2,870 posts
Chancellor

1. I think I'll start with whichever is shorter. It can wait, though, gotta wait for my internet to return. Writing through mobile data.

@Raiiker Probably. Wouldn't know why anyone would be willing to, though.

Also, DON'T count with the mods. Next thing you know, you score an own goal. Well, if you could...

AmyClyne
AmyClyne
136 posts
Princess

3. It would be really funny if "that" actually happens. I'm thinking of giving them mods a chance to win, since they don't really count to 100 as we always ruined their count by just hopping in, plus they have to moderate the forum + game for any wrongdoings.

sciller45
sciller45
2,870 posts
Chancellor

4. The Untold rulebook of the count, page 21 verses 8-10 say: *ahem*

Thou shalt not feel bad for those whose names shalt not be spoken, for they are the meany baddies of this game. Thus, thou shalt not feel bad for them.
Also, those whose names shalt not be spoken hath a handicap that shalt allow them victory roughly every 10 victories.
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

5. So this... unleashed rule tells advices about relations with our wonderful foes. I've found a slightly more reliant source that speaks about that handicap:

Handicap rule. The challenging team, i.e. the team without the current win, may count up to 100 divided by wins by the incumbent team, i.e. the team with the current win, since the last win of the challenging team rounded up or to 100, whichever is lower.
If Team User wins once, Team Mod counts to 100. (100/1 = 100)
If Team User wins two in a row, Team Mod counts to 50. (100/2 = 50)
sciller45
sciller45
2,870 posts
Chancellor

7. Yeah, I suppose the book is a tad bit wrong... Hm? What? Oh, so it is? Excellent. I mean...
Oh, don't be silly! The rulebook is constantly updated as new information comes along! *ahem*
The Untold Rulebook of the Count. Page 21, verses 18-19 (AKA Extra information #14):

Ye average number of peasant victories needed to secure those whose names shalt not be spoken a victory is two-hundred divided by twenty-three which lieth nearest to the number nine.
Ye current cripple for those whose names shalt not be spoken is one-hundred divided by eight equaling to thirteen.

Oh, what's that? This books contains the exact time, date and way of death of everyone in this forum game? Wow! Better check that out!
YEEEEEEES
*Hastily pours holy water on book*
YWEHEHEHEHEAH!
What the? D*** IT, Jesus! STOP SMOKING BUSH!

Welp, *Throws book in fire* that's a waste of time. It should keep it contained in the flames long enough for a non-druggie priest to bless water and not lace it with heroin.

AmyClyne
AmyClyne
136 posts
Princess

Oh, if it's how the rule works, then the maximum win streak will always be 67 for Team User if the mods never get to count past 2.
Because 67 win streak (x) = 100/x = 100/67 = 1.493, which is still 1 rounded up.
Therefore, if hahiha managed to post once for informative reasons, Team Mods win by default because of handicap rule.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

10. ^ That's just the right plan xD But seeing that there were only 38 user wins in total so far, we aren't threatened much with that scenario.
BTW, only 100 wins in a winning streak guarantee the victory with a number 1 if we always round up forumula's results. The rest of that paragraph:

If Team User wins three in a row, Team Mod counts to 34. (100/3 = 33.333... ~34).
and vice versa.

Anyway, if I get the motto from the Untold Rulebook right: Thou shalt not pass!
...tells us to give 'em Balrogs the taste of their own medicine.
Showing 72601-72615 of 78613