ForumsArt, Music, and WritingASC Round #32: Favorite ASC Round (Ends July 3rd)

748 955911
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Welcome to the Art Skills Competition 2014/2015, or "ASC" for short. It is a contest to gather willing artists from the forums to compete in a friendly test of their skills and reward the best of their work each round.

Rounds will take place each month, the last day of the month will be the final cutoff for any entries. The judging will take place the first week of the following month.

Competition Guidelines :

1. The entry must be 100% original material.
2. Each round lasts for a month; closing date is at the end of that month.
3. Submissions should be relevant to the current month's theme. (See thread's title)
4. Keep posts resolutions within reason and if you must have a larger resolution, link it to the entry.
5. Entries can be created in any medium, please note that it will be appreciated if hand drawn entries are cropped to contain only the intended work.
6. Winners will be announced by the judge of the competition at the end of each round; the results are final and non-debatable.
7. The winner of a round will have the right to choose the next theme; if this takes too long, the judge will choose one instead.
8. All participants of each round will receive a Merit for their hard work; the winner of each round will receive the Armor Games "Artist Quest"!

Rounds held thus far :

Round #1 : Knight (2014 Page 1) - Winner @kegaumongo
Round #2 : Fantasy (2014 Page 4) - Winner @weirdlike
Round #3 : Smileys (2014 Page 7) - Winner @MrDayCee
Round #4 : Horror (2014 Page 10) - Winner @AHomoSapien
Round #5 : Wild Animals (2014 Page 15) - Winner @SirLegendary
Round #6 : Superheroes (2014 Page 16) - Winner @Alexistigerspice
Round #7 : Birds (2015 Page 21) - Winner @kegaumongo
Round #8 : Alone in the Dark (2015 Page 24) - Winner @Cenere
Round #9 : Through the Fire (2015 Page 26) - Winner @kegaumongo
Round #10 : Blue (2015 Page 30) - Winner @StormWalker
Round #11 : Robots (2015 Page 34) - Winner @weirdlike
Round #12 : 3D Glasses (2015 Page 40) - Winner @Cenere
Round #13 : Self Portrait (2015 Page 44) - Winner @StormWalker
Round #14 : Dragons (2015 Page 47) - Winner @huwbert2013
Round #15 : Demons, Green Mouse (2015 Page 51) - Winner @FishPreferred & @kegaumongo
Round #16 : Crystal, The night (2015 Page 53) - Winner @Koshionos
Round #17 : Extraterrestrial Life, Coffee (2015 Page 53) - Winner @Cenere
Round #18 : Cats or catman, Rocking horse (2016 Page 55) - Winner @Shoeminor
Round #19 : Aether, Balloons (2016 Page 55) - Winner @Reton8
Round #20 : opposition, science (2016 Page 55) - Winner @akshobhya
Round #21 : Summer (2016 Page 38) - Winner @Laspa
Round #22 : Flowers (2016 Page 39) - Winner @ivanxxxxxxx
Round #23 : Ninja Horse (2016 Page 40) - Winner @SirLegendary
Round #24 : Space Alien (2016 Page 41) - Winner @Huwbert2013
Round #25 : Video Games (2016 Page 43) - Winner @Miraidematro
Round #26 : Music (2016 Page 45) - Winner @SirLegendary
Round #27 : Masks (2016 Page 47) - Winner @Gaboloth
Round #28 : Winter (2017 Page 48) - Winner @ivanxxxxxxx
Round #29 : Dead Nature (2017 Page 49) - Winner @Laspa
Round #30 : Women (2017 Page 49) - Winner @ivanxxxxxxx
Round #31 : Dead Nature 2 (2017 Page 50) - Winner @ivanxxxxxxx and @HahiHa

Starting theme...

Round 1: Knight
This months theme will be dedicated to creating a knight representing that of Armor Games, it is a non official character to try and stir the imaginations of artists and viewers. The artist should endeavor to embody Armor Games in a Knightly character.

Goodluck and have fun

• 748 Replies
weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

http://i.imgur.com/EpygG1G.png
The guard on the sword is matching to the crown above the sword on the shield.

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k515/ChromeZard/Knight.png

This knight wants to hug you with his sword

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Fantastic work submitted thusfar! I am truly impressed @weirdlike and @ChromeDeathRazor! Well done!! =)

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

looking good guys ,we still have like 3 weeks until judging, maybe wecan get a few more players

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I wish I had another idea, but I ended up doing the same as the previous entries and using the AG logo as a shield.

This is a stained glass window, usually found in churches, but we can pretend it's in a castle. This way it's more medieval

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q550/kegaumongo/5f0f0b05-868d-497b-84a7-deccc170e22d_zps191a3637.jpg

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Does my "fwag" knight qualify for this?

See here.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Well FishPreferred what we are really looking for is something made with original content, photoshoped images are more or less a tough thing to decide on letting be submissions but if its mostly your own work then it might qualify

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

The general rule for Artwork applies for every contest held on Armor Games... your Artwork submitted needs to be made by you 100%, so this means no usage of other people's work @FishPreferred. @Hectichermit is completely right about this. =)

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I noticed this thread and had a few minutes to doodle some knight thing.
I apologize for the horrible quality, because I don't have access to a scanner right now.
http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s539/papermonkey124/agknight_zpseacdf999.png
#fab

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

your Artwork submitted needs to be made by you 100%, so this means no usage of other people's work @FishPreferred.

This is the other person's work (the pictures used for the helm and gauntlet, I can no longer find). As you can see, it is little more than a template, and I did not use photoshop.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Yeah, if you're going to say you can't use a template for a drawing (which DayCee really didn't do, mind), then that would be like saying you can't draw anything you've seen in real life, or anything that has been influenced by something in real life. Thus everything.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

The whole reasoning behind the rules for the Art submitted to Armor Games is that participants make it on their own, 100%. This means you can use someone else's work as an example (as long as that work is not copyrighted by law) only and then create your own work based upon it. Like making a drawing of a photo made by someone else for example; someone else made the photo, but you have drawn it.

So, if you straight up use that other person's work, in it's entire or even (a) part of it, by copy/pasting it and then editing it, you are breaking the rules as it is no longer something you created yourself 100%... understand now @Salvidian and @FishPreferred? =)

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

And this is my entry for the ASC Knight theme! It is fairly simple, but took me much longer to create than anticipated... still not satisfied with the end result though. Maybe I will edit it later on if I think of something, or someone has a good suggestion perhaps... =)

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3885/14467215340_afe0c0a09a_o_d.png
Knight Crusader Helmet (v4)

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

DayCee, Fish said he used it as a template. As in, an example. Which is what I was going about with all the drawing stuff you've seen garble.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Allright, that means we are on the same page about the definition of what a template is and how it serves someone who wants to make a piece of art @Salvidian. I just wanted to make sure that the users were not under the impression that it is allowed to use a template as in "using something as a cut-out to create a piece of art", as in cutting something out and then copy/pasting it.

Showing 1-15 of 748