ForumsArt, Music, and WritingASC Round #32: Favorite ASC Round (Ends July 3rd)

748 955920
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Welcome to the Art Skills Competition 2014/2015, or "ASC" for short. It is a contest to gather willing artists from the forums to compete in a friendly test of their skills and reward the best of their work each round.

Rounds will take place each month, the last day of the month will be the final cutoff for any entries. The judging will take place the first week of the following month.

Competition Guidelines :

1. The entry must be 100% original material.
2. Each round lasts for a month; closing date is at the end of that month.
3. Submissions should be relevant to the current month's theme. (See thread's title)
4. Keep posts resolutions within reason and if you must have a larger resolution, link it to the entry.
5. Entries can be created in any medium, please note that it will be appreciated if hand drawn entries are cropped to contain only the intended work.
6. Winners will be announced by the judge of the competition at the end of each round; the results are final and non-debatable.
7. The winner of a round will have the right to choose the next theme; if this takes too long, the judge will choose one instead.
8. All participants of each round will receive a Merit for their hard work; the winner of each round will receive the Armor Games "Artist Quest"!

Rounds held thus far :

Round #1 : Knight (2014 Page 1) - Winner @kegaumongo
Round #2 : Fantasy (2014 Page 4) - Winner @weirdlike
Round #3 : Smileys (2014 Page 7) - Winner @MrDayCee
Round #4 : Horror (2014 Page 10) - Winner @AHomoSapien
Round #5 : Wild Animals (2014 Page 15) - Winner @SirLegendary
Round #6 : Superheroes (2014 Page 16) - Winner @Alexistigerspice
Round #7 : Birds (2015 Page 21) - Winner @kegaumongo
Round #8 : Alone in the Dark (2015 Page 24) - Winner @Cenere
Round #9 : Through the Fire (2015 Page 26) - Winner @kegaumongo
Round #10 : Blue (2015 Page 30) - Winner @StormWalker
Round #11 : Robots (2015 Page 34) - Winner @weirdlike
Round #12 : 3D Glasses (2015 Page 40) - Winner @Cenere
Round #13 : Self Portrait (2015 Page 44) - Winner @StormWalker
Round #14 : Dragons (2015 Page 47) - Winner @huwbert2013
Round #15 : Demons, Green Mouse (2015 Page 51) - Winner @FishPreferred & @kegaumongo
Round #16 : Crystal, The night (2015 Page 53) - Winner @Koshionos
Round #17 : Extraterrestrial Life, Coffee (2015 Page 53) - Winner @Cenere
Round #18 : Cats or catman, Rocking horse (2016 Page 55) - Winner @Shoeminor
Round #19 : Aether, Balloons (2016 Page 55) - Winner @Reton8
Round #20 : opposition, science (2016 Page 55) - Winner @akshobhya
Round #21 : Summer (2016 Page 38) - Winner @Laspa
Round #22 : Flowers (2016 Page 39) - Winner @ivanxxxxxxx
Round #23 : Ninja Horse (2016 Page 40) - Winner @SirLegendary
Round #24 : Space Alien (2016 Page 41) - Winner @Huwbert2013
Round #25 : Video Games (2016 Page 43) - Winner @Miraidematro
Round #26 : Music (2016 Page 45) - Winner @SirLegendary
Round #27 : Masks (2016 Page 47) - Winner @Gaboloth
Round #28 : Winter (2017 Page 48) - Winner @ivanxxxxxxx
Round #29 : Dead Nature (2017 Page 49) - Winner @Laspa
Round #30 : Women (2017 Page 49) - Winner @ivanxxxxxxx
Round #31 : Dead Nature 2 (2017 Page 50) - Winner @ivanxxxxxxx and @HahiHa

Starting theme...

Round 1: Knight
This months theme will be dedicated to creating a knight representing that of Armor Games, it is a non official character to try and stir the imaginations of artists and viewers. The artist should endeavor to embody Armor Games in a Knightly character.

Goodluck and have fun

• 748 Replies
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Excuse the bad quality. My scanner isn't working and I had to use the phone :|

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q550/kegaumongo/4f1c8905-99cb-44fb-b975-892ca9abbb35_zpsedec4bf8.jpg

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@kegaumongo Wow I almost thought you cropped it from somewhere, it's great.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

@SirLegendary: thank you very much, sir ^^

It took me a while to make, to be honest. I'm sooo slow when it comes to drawing. Also, if the scanner comes back to life, I'll post it again and it will look better.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@kegaumongo That would be great! k_hand:

ExitPathGirl16
ExitPathGirl16
56 posts
Nomad

All of your drawings are so amazing!!

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

So, I guess the contest as of now, is officially closed. I'll be judging each submitted work closely. I guess I'll be taking my sweet time on this one. I have a week, but may announce it sooner than that. Good work everyone.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I have judged the entries on their appeal, detail, color, creativity and of course, skill. Everyone has done a really good job, and I'm happy with all the works, unfortunately, there has to be a winner, and having a winner doesn't mean the other entries weren't good (I want to be clear on that). Every one did a great job, and I have thought about this for a good amount of time.

Last time around I had mentioned one entry that caught my eye, and could have won, but lacked a couple of things to steal the win. Just a little critique for the user, so that they can use this entry's potential to make even greater art for the future!

Notable Entry:

@Saphire24 For it's originality and uniqueness, I must have to say this entry deserves some kind of commendation. It's beautiful, but could have used a better camera and a better angle to capture its beauty. Very excellent work though.
http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah64/saphire24/WIN_20150112_183416_zps73801e38.jpg

Winning Entry:

@kegaumongo Your entry had caught my eye the moment you posted it, it has appeal, it is very detailed, and colored really well. I only wished you could have used your scanner so that I could have seen it to its fullest potential. Still, congratulations, I must say it was a really good entry.

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q550/kegaumongo/4f1c8905-99cb-44fb-b975-892ca9abbb35_zpsedec4bf8.jpg

@kegaumongo, with that being said, and congratulations again, you must now choose the next theme.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Oh god I'm bored.
So, I get that the winner picks the theme, but isn't there some kind of... I don't know... Break theme or something? Anything to preoccupy minds with a lack of attention and idle hands?

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

So, I get that the winner picks the theme, but isn't there some kind of... I don't know... Break theme or something? Anything to preoccupy minds with a lack of attention and idle hands?

Well you could always revive your dead art thread :P

Also I'll be taking it back over in judging, if kegaumongo doesn't show up in a few more days I'll start taking suggestions.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Well you could always revive your dead art thread :P

Pft, never.
I don't have anything awesome to show.

A few days, then...

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

I don't have anything awesome to show.

I haven't drawn anything in months...maybe a few forgotten doodles but nothing awesome...I have yet to think I have drawn anything in my hobby of drawing that is awesome.

Anyways do not forget to post some suggestions, as it would be nice to have a few before a few days pass.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

All prizes have been handed out to the participants @SirLegendary and @Hectichermit! Some really awesome work in here so far... wonder what the next round will bring!

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

To be honest, I'm quite uninspired today and I'm going to choose the next theme based on recent events: not having power for several hours. I could've come up with a better idea, but this is what I have right now. So the next theme is Alone in the dark.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Ooh, I'm not judging anymore, so watch out everyone

Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

Ooh, I'm not judging anymore, so watch out everyone

Oooh boy, guess I should up my game.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd369/Chris-Koshionos/88b92269193c9164636f39ae580cc2a7.jpg

Showing 211-225 of 748