ForumsForum GamesThe 20 Dice Game

205 60074
Ramit12
Ramit12
2,966 posts
Baron

Hello! Welcome to the 20 Dice Game! This game is about rolls and their results.

Rules

1. Describe the last person's roll.
  2. Roll a 1d20 dice and describe what you are rolling for. Make sure that what you are describing is not intentionally offensive or obscene. You can name your roll if you want, just don't make it intentionally offensive, just like what you are describing.

Example

P1: I roll to make good music (rolls a 17)
P2: You managed to play very great music, that you filled the room with a chill atmosphere and there are people listening to it and enjoying it.
I roll to make everyone happy! (rolls a 11)

And so on.

Try to make it crazy! You can even add elements to the game if you roll high enough!

I'll start:
I roll to gather players for this game.
ImGatheringPlayers = 9

DICE RESULTS
9 = ImGatheringPlayers
  • 205 Replies
dragonmaster10902
dragonmaster10902
660 posts
Jester

Apparently not. But what then?

I set the detector to 'WeepingAngelBrethren = 3' to see if they're related to those somehow.

DICE RESULTS
3 = WeepingAngelBrethren
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

“These two aren’t Weeping Angels, that’s for sure…” I turn around to see a grotesque gargoyle right above me. His huge talons are just a few inches from my eyes.

“Although, this one might be one 0_0… we can’t lose them from our sight, because that's when they can move… And when they do, we’re done for!” I roll to NotBlink = 4 while I throw a gunpowder bomb under the gargoyle and fall back.

DICE RESULTS
4 = NotBlink
dragonmaster10902
dragonmaster10902
660 posts
Jester

You blinked. But the gunpowder took out the gargoyle (which upon further inspection is indeed determined to be Weeping Angel related) and we live to fight another day. I expand my detector's range setting, but nothing else shows up... that one must have been lying in wait for a victim. We should have seen that coming, it was the only one that didn't look human. But hey... I've got a hunch. I feed the statues de-petrification MandrakePotions = 7!

DICE RESULTS
7 = MandrakePotions
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

When you try to depetrify the statues, the potion spills on the ground. At least now it’s clear that the potion is top-notch alchemy - it reacts with the rocky ground which after a few minutes turns into colorful tiles. But the potion is too thin to apply on the statues… How about we make some mandrake paste first to apply around their mouths…

I see @sciller45 approaching the statues with a chisel and a hammer saying “I know a better way to open their mouths! Well, at least it's gonna be quicker...” I roll to StopSciller = 2.

DICE RESULTS
2 = StopSciller
sciller45
sciller45
2,836 posts
Justiciar

Wh- "More quickly"? Do I look like a buffoon to you? Fasterer is obviously the best and only alternative.

Besides, even if I do accidentally kill one, there are more. Not to mention, his soul won't be sucked out by a particular pile of meat. *cough cough* sorry, something got in my throat. By that I mean Alazare. *cough cough wheeze*
Also, the only person who can stop me is me? Remember? *Hastily makes two steps* Wait, no, that doesn't work that way.
Right. I'm off to kill someone. I hadn't done that during the whole forum game.

Wait, what was I about to do? Oh, right. Wake up you pile of rock or I'll stick this chisel so far up ItllComeOutTheOtherEnd = 17 !

DICE RESULTS
17 = ItllComeOutOfTheOtherEnd
kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Marquise

You violently destroyed one of the statues, but the other one woke up.
"You destroyed him" -she mutters- "He was the love of my life. And now my own life has no meaning, if can't look again his gorgeous face... YOU ALL WILL BE DESTROYED"
An army of rock monsters starts attacking us.
Welp, that didn't end up nicely...

I roll to CastASpellToDestroyArmy = 20
Apparently Violent Witch Kali is better than Good Witch Kali... Hummmmmmm...

DICE RESULTS
20 = CastASpellToDestroyArmy
sciller45
sciller45
2,836 posts
Justiciar

A flame bursts out of your wand. The statues start shaking and exploding violently. Somehow, you manage to beat the army. Alazare is delighted and immediately starts devouring their souls.

You know, generally, when I open my mouth and words come out directed at complete strangers, they either start screaming like rabid dogs or "attempt" to punch me in the face. I put attempt in quotes because they don't just attempt to punch me in the face. They also succeed.
But I have never, ever thought that I could violently destroy a statue by threatening it. Guess I'm just that frightening. Well, at least there's a brand new hidden lever™!

Anyways, I'm just posting to say that I am leaving you. All of you. KicksSuspiciousLever = 14 .
"Good riddance."
He said his final words and with(out) a tear in his eye, took a step off the island and delved deep into the stone-paved abyss. How much hurt can a mile fall do?

DICE RESULTS
14 = KicksSuspiciousLever
dragonmaster10902
dragonmaster10902
660 posts
Jester

Sciller splats on the pavement. Probably all-around better for us, given his propensity for getting creatures mad at us and being an all-around horrible person.

Sciller's lever opens a secret door in the pavement of the island, and a platform raises from it. I walk onto it and press the BigRedButton = 13.

DICE RESULTS
13 = BigRedButton
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

The red button initiated a powerful earthquake on the island. Then the sound of a hundred horns could be heard from unspecified places around us. A cylindrical device unscrewed itself upwards from the platform, the red button staying on the top of it. When it’s done emerging, I see a metal wind-up key and a sextant inside an indentation. I take both. After winding up a nearby lock, various levers, buttons and indicating instruments exsert from inside of this tube. The thing looks to me like an ancient control panel…

@sciller45 “I actually thought that quicker was an error there. I LOVE grammah. Sciller?? WTH, where did he go?” I send Starwing to ScrapeOffSciller = 15 . We might yet need him!

DICE RESULTS
15 = ScrapeOffSciller
dragonmaster10902
dragonmaster10902
660 posts
Jester

Why would we ever need that guy? He just gets us into trouble and never out! But, for what it's worth, Starwing manages to scrape the sad remains off of the sidewalk and bring them up to us. I put them in my backpack.

"Good boy, Starwing. Let's hold off on reviving him until we absolutely have to eh?"
"Yeah, sounds good," Kali replied. "He doesn't like our pets, so what's the point?"
"I was thinking we could do it right now, but whatever," PLGuy said. "It would be difficult without those potions from @abcdragon66 who seems to have abandoned the quest (or just gotten busy with real life? IDK,) anyway, so yeah, don't bother."

Upon closer inspection, the control panel has ancient writing on it. I roll to TranslateTheMarks = 18.

DICE RESULTS
18 = TranslateTheMarks
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

You translated each and every mark from the instruction, operators and indicators. The control panel, among other options, enables to pilot the island. You could say that we are on an enormous air ship. Possible controls (some): Fly Forward, Backward, Left, Right; Turn (by turning the whole panel with a shaft), Increase and Decrease the Altitude. Tilting on sides is also possible but the instruction strongly discounsels using this feature. You can also see a button with fire symbol and another with stars, though their functions remain uncertain.

I trigger an encounter! Remember the white castle? A delegation from there is visiting our camp. They were alerted by all the fighting and trembling. They are knights in plate armors and white capes, armed with 10-feet-long steel lances and swords. They ride on black or white destriers clad in chequered caparisons. I roll for TheirReaction = 5 upon meeting our party.

DICE RESULTS
5 = TheirReaction
kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Marquise

They don't seem very happy.
"Who are you? And what are you doing in this sacred island?"- their leader shouts.
We shouldn't make them angrier. Perhaps we could try to dialogue with them, without any violence? They're an army are we're just a bunch of random people!

I roll to SpeakWithDipomacy = 2
Apparently I don't know how to speak either XD

DICE RESULTS
2 = SpeakWithDipomacy
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

We might yet regret the decision of sending you as our emissary. We were so proud seeing you ride on Alazare toward the knights, cheerfully bobbing on every obstacle being crushed under your steed. You failed, the problem didn’t lie in the lack of persuasion or negotiation skills, though. Every member of this quest also agrees that a pristine charisma features your personality. No, it was about parenting issues. Alazare is now a truly spoiled blob. You gave him full play, and now he misbehaves. He reaps the soul harvest whenever he pleases. The fact that the blob still doesn’t wear a saddle also didn’t help, because you fell off Alazare’s slippery back as soon as he rushed forward. *screams and crunching of bones* “Bad, bad boy! Leave messieurs knights alone!”

But it was already too late. The whole entourage, equipment included, got devoured. I fly to the White Castle to find out what PenaltyForCrime = 17 does their law impose.

DICE RESULTS
17 = PenaltyForCrime
kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Marquise

Oh, jeez... Bad, Alazare!! You've just killed innocent people!! No more human souls for you, mister. You're grounded and now you will only eat carrots, unless I give you permission to do something else.
I'm a horrible parent, then XD
Alazare mourns, but accept the fact that he has misbehaved.

PLGuy goes to castle, only to discover that we won't have any penalty. People are too scared from us (or, more precisely, from Alazare) to punish us. But they asked us politely to leave them alone and never return to the island. I guess this is the least we could do? Poor people...

I roll to OpenAPortalBackToHome = 3

DICE RESULTS
3 = OpenAPortalBackToHome
dragonmaster10902
dragonmaster10902
660 posts
Jester

The portal doesn't really work. Nothing happened.

TryAgain = 17!

DICE RESULTS
17 = TryAgain
Showing 91-105 of 205