ForumsForum GamesThe 20 Dice Game

205 60288
Ramit12
Ramit12
2,966 posts
Baron

Hello! Welcome to the 20 Dice Game! This game is about rolls and their results.

Rules

1. Describe the last person's roll.
  2. Roll a 1d20 dice and describe what you are rolling for. Make sure that what you are describing is not intentionally offensive or obscene. You can name your roll if you want, just don't make it intentionally offensive, just like what you are describing.

Example

P1: I roll to make good music (rolls a 17)
P2: You managed to play very great music, that you filled the room with a chill atmosphere and there are people listening to it and enjoying it.
I roll to make everyone happy! (rolls a 11)

And so on.

Try to make it crazy! You can even add elements to the game if you roll high enough!

I'll start:
I roll to gather players for this game.
ImGatheringPlayers = 9

DICE RESULTS
9 = ImGatheringPlayers
  • 205 Replies
kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

You open a chamber. A piece of paper is inside. "Play the song" -it says. We probably have to play a song with the organ. We all go to the organ room. Fortunately, there's a music sheet in the organ. I'll try to play the organ, although I don't know how XD. Oh, please, a demon that could help me with this task?

PlayTheOrgan = 2

Edit: I never get high socres :`(

DICE RESULTS
2 = PlayTheOrgan
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

It's the first time you ever tried playing an organ, and the resulting tune is accordingly dissonant. Somewhere in the chamber, I hear a trap click. I try to do a SavingRoll = 15

DICE RESULTS
15 = SavingRoll
sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

Surprising lack of demons in HahiHa's post. Let me try to do a little something here.

You draw a red pentagram in front of the organ and light flames with your wand at the pentagram's points. You recite a citation. Suddenly, the light in the cathedral die out, and the only ones left are of the pentagram. It lights up a bright, red hue and a portal into blackness opens up.

Suddenly, an eight-foot-tall demon made of red light jumps through the portal, only to be stopped halfway. This place is far too holy to be touched by such unholy creatures. The demon shrieks and ear-splitting scream as it is pierced by a blade of light. It turns into vapor, then it is pulled down, back through the portal.

A trap clicks and a trapdoor in the middle of the church, between the transepts. A grand statue of a naked, castrated man rises from the hole. The statue opens its mouth. A clean deep voice is heard. It is accentless, but appears to roll its Rs
"You have desecrated this holy place. Leave now, or you shall face the consequences.

Turns out, attempting to let demons loose in a church is not a very good idea. Who'd a thunk?

I drop to my knees and PrayForForgiveness = 15 . What do you expect me to do? I'm as tall as two potatoes!
Ooh, or maybe not. *curls up in a ball and silently cries*

DICE RESULTS
15 = PrayForForgiveness
kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

The demon seems like he doesn't want to fight today. He'll let us live if we don't touch the treasure. He snaps his fingers and we appear in the middle of the woods, poor as always.
Sorry for summoning that demon, guys...

I roll to MakeScillerBigAgain = 1

Edit: Oh, c'mon!!! I'm really unlucky XD

DICE RESULTS
1 = MakeScillerBigAgain
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

Things went wrong this time around. Instead of returning Sciller to his normal size, you copied him. Look on the bright side - now we’ve got two Scillers in our team! XD

“You forgot about me??!! Stupid demon --' “ I’m still in that cathedral, the demons in front of me. Moreover the monsters we fought before were only a vanguard of the real army, which now broke into the chapel. I cross myself, and to settle things down I play Coco Jamboo on church organ. Here's WhatHappens = 8.

Edit: please, be kind to me 0_0

DICE RESULTS
8 = WhatHappens
kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

You didn't play *that* bad, but the demon is still angry.
I roll to cast a spell to bring back PLGuy

BeBackPLGuy = 10

DICE RESULTS
10 = BeBackPLGuy
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

Let's assume you were able to bring me midway to the fellowship, and not a half of me this time (who gave you the licence for wizardry anyhow?)

I call my griffin to rescue me and safely fly to the destination. Help me, Starwing = 19!

DICE RESULTS
19 = Starwing
dragonmaster10902
dragonmaster10902
660 posts
Jester

Ugh. Now we've got to deal with two scillers? Not good. But we'll get to that. First: Starwing is an excellent tracker. He swoops in, claws up a few monsters, and whisks you away to us.

I roll to return to having OneNormalSizeSciller = 4

DICE RESULTS
4 = OneNormalSizeSciller
kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

Now we have a giant sciller and a small sciller... Guess that makes one normal size sciller XD

who gave you the licence for wizardry anyhow?

I just want to be a good witch

I roll to ReturnScillerToNormal = 16

DICE RESULTS
16 = ReturnScillerToNormal
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

You see? If you really try, you can do wonders XD Good Witch Kali saves Sciller from the trials and tribulations of living in two forms, one little and one giant. We’ve got our standardized Sciller back.

There’s an army of monsters after us but we’re exhausted after all the fighting and spellcasting. But off in the distance, we spot something what can only be a floating island. Its rocky base, honeycombed with stairs, ladders and deambulatories supports diversified complex above. As far as we can see from the ground, the complex consists of a mountain in the middle surrounded by mysterious fortifications. Sun from the east reflects from the white stone of slender towers and battlements. A waterfall leading downwards from the island is caught by air currents and creates airborne river that joins in a circuit with a “water-rise” on the opposite side. Sun rays dancing and flickering like diamonds on the water forged a triple rainbow in the background. I roll so WeCanFlyThere = 5!

DICE RESULTS
5 = WeCanFlyThere
kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

Hum, seems like Greg... I mean... Starwing is too tired to fly. But he will walk by our side in this quest.
I roll to open a PortalToTheIsland = 2
Edit: I guess I'm still Bad Witch Kali

DICE RESULTS
2 = PortalToTheIsland
Ramit12
Ramit12
2,966 posts
Baron

(Wow, this forum game is quite popular!)

You did manage to open a portal to the island, but it appears to be so tiny that not even a fly can enter it.

I roll to make the portal 100 times bigger.
MakeThePortalBigger = 16

DICE RESULTS
16 = MakeThePortalBigger
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

You managed to make it 80 times bigger, which means that the portal is now big enough for adventurers, but not for the griffin. Since changing size is quite a risky business these days, I decide to give Starwing a PotionOfRecovery = 14 instead ( @abcdragon66 should have these?)

Hoooray! So now we will take the flight and conquer the azure sky!!

DICE RESULTS
14 = PotionOfRecovery
sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

The potion of recovery works splendidly. Starwing jumps full of energy and is now strutting around. Maybe we can send someone up for reconnaissance?

Aw. Think I'll set up a Home-crystal. Hopefully, the statue won't be as mad at me, anyway. Or, at least, the place won't be flooded with demons. Right. Now.
Seeing the triple rainbows, I call unicorns. Unicorn hair is especially valuable. It's the most you can get from those elitist little *******s anyway.

We're ComingForYou = 12 ! These floating skipping stones remind me of "a story about my uncle". A magical glove would be nice. *clears throat*

DICE RESULTS
12 = ComingForYou
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

Sciller takes out a lyre and plays to call the unicorns. He manages to draw four in total. Two are white and two black. They gaze at us curiously, slightly tilting their proud heads. They don’t seem tame.

Reconnaissance is a good idea. For that matter I happen to know one great griffin rider... But she apparently lost her interest in this expedition? ( @abcdragon66 ????? )
How about more flying pets? I pull the Powerful Artifact ™ out from my backpack and redeem a ticket saying: I wish for a Pegasus = 3

Aight, I think I know where this is going 0_o

DICE RESULTS
3 = Pegasus
Showing 61-75 of 205