ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 314909
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
Guns_N_Roses
Guns_N_Roses
92 posts
Nomad

It should be a womans choice. I agree completely with Carlie on the matter, I just dont feel like repeating everything

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Yes, that's what I mean by an effective health education program. In public schools at the very least it would be mandatory to do the proper education, because, well they are public. But I think in this theory, as you said, it would need a strong education to go with it, but I don't see why wouldn't be plausible.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Gah...health/sex ed. I remember when I hate that in junior high. We had this goddam fossile of a woman that was 5' and 150 pounds. There is nothing more tramatizing than having that kind of thing teach us anything, let alone talking about how teh baybees r mayd.

Which reminds me...the only time talked about intercourse was to make a kid. And that is all. Huh. So it did not help at all after all.

Thank god for the internet and Cinemax at night.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

lol @ Devoid.

I taught sex ed to undergrads for about a year during 2006. It was interesting to say the least. I made them keep a sex journal and turn it in to me every week. It was great until a few boys started leaving their phone number on it. Didn't have the heart to tell them I was a lesbian.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Hahah...oh wow, the infamous "Sorry, but I am a lesbian" turn down. If I had a nickel everytime...

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I try to only use it on special occasions. I always get two responses:

1. "You're not a lesbian!" (Even though they see me WITH my girlfriend.

2. "You just haven't met the right man" (They are right, find me a man that doesn't have a penis, or a hairy body.)

izapora
izapora
116 posts
Nomad

i think it's wrong.
no different than killing someone.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

Well, consider the fact that the person is not yet a person. When it is a person, then no, abortion is wrong. Before that it is a group of cells. Just like a cancer.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

He means just like a tumor*

But Izapora, elaborate on what you think.

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

I think that the injection idea is very, very interesting. I agree, however, with the thought that for it to be effective, our sex-ed program needs a complete overhaul.

In my school, sex-ed is bundled into the health class, and our teacher explained to us that he is not allowed to advocate the usage of condoms nor even tell us the benefits.

THAT'S what's morally wrong, not potential premarital sex.

If, however, theoretically, we have a good sex-ed program then I would agree with that injection. As was said, it would be easily removable when you want to and the girls that would not use a condom for STD-protection then would not use them anyway.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I agree with that razaki. Until our sexual education programs go through some very serious changes none of those things could happen.

It is sad when the internet teaches kids more about sex than our school programs do.

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

i personally do not agree at all with abortion, but i guess it is the womans choice, but if she does choose abortion but then she has the pain of killing a baby on her conscience

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

Not killing a baby, but killing a human. Killing their own kind out of selfishness. (sometimes I can understand though)
Once again, this is only unacceptable after a certain developmental stage.

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

yes i saw your post earlier about it just being a mass of like cancer...but can a cancer tumor turn into a human? it is a mass of cells that turns into a child, abortion is murder

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

Potential life is different than life. Look up the enzyme telomerase. Once the baby can react and respond to it's surroundings it is a human.

Showing 211-225 of 1508