ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 314897
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

I don't think a birth control injection at birth is a bad thing, but the baby should be able to decide when to remove it. Also, no matter how small the chances are of death, you may still kill your babies. (not shure I get your question 100%. If I am saying something irrelevent, please don't attack this post.)

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Chili, I don't think I understand what your saying. Can you rephrase it?

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

I meant to say that giving a baby an injection at birth is not a bad thing, but the baby (when they grow up) gets to decide when to remove the treatment. Really the only way this will come in handy is rape cases. I don't think it is worth the risking of a life, but someone else might. This is the real morality issue. (once again, I might not have completely understood the question properly in the first place.)

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

The whole injection at birth thing seems strange to me... if people have nothing to worry about, they could just sleep around irresponsibly, not using protection from diseases because they wouldn't need anything as protection from pregnancy. I think that if injection at birth was standard, people would sleep around more and diseases would spread.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Okay what I am proposing is to inject those T-shaped birth control modules that slowly releases. Adults can get it to last for 3 to 5 years and remove it at anytime. So, I was wondering if it is unethical to inject those t-shaped modules at birth, then when that child grows up she can remove it when she is ready to have a child. That means that she can have sex but will never get pregnant until she absolutely wants to.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Is this all theoretical? Because I don't even think that would be physically possible. But saying that it was possible, I would still not agree with that. I think that it is a decision that young women should be able to make for themselves when they get to a certain age and maturity level. Not a decision someone else makes for them. Choosing to take birth control is a big decision with a lot of responsibility riding on it. It just seems odd for someone to make that decision for you. Especially since some people are morally opposed to birth control.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

I meant to say that giving a baby an injection at birth is not a bad thing, but the baby (when they grow up) gets to decide when to remove the treatment. Really the only way this will come in handy is **** cases. I don't think it is worth the risking of a life, but someone else might. This is the real morality issue.
I understand the question now, and think this is a good place for this esrlier post. I would also like to add the fact that a mother and father may not agree on weather or not to give the child birth control. Also, the child may not agree. I think it would be better left to the child's decision when they hit puberty.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

The way I see it is that it doesn't affect the child at all and even into their teens. Their choice is about when they take it out. I really don't see any downsides to injecting it at birth.

Carlie, you say that it might spur young adults to have more unprotected sex, thus creating more disease. So, most women would not request a condom because they have knowledge of their injection. I don't see why an affective health education program to explain that yes, the pregnancy thing is out the door, but there is still a risk for disease. And those that cannot follow in that order, I hate to say this, but it's thinning the herd. Because the way it is right now, we have a significant abortion rate PLUS a disease rate. The injection could almost entirely eliminate abortion and disease could be controlled through education. I just see it as a plus.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,826 posts
Duke

Yeah, I agree. If a girl is the type of person who would only consider protection to avoid pregnancy, then she would be able to get on birth control pills later on and still have rampant sexual adventures with whomever.

van_hooligan
van_hooligan
16 posts
Nomad

it's the woman's choice, beign a guy i haveno right in whether saying keep or no keep, even if i'm the dad lol

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

No, you do. Half of that babies DNA is yours.
That is not where the argument is right now.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

@ Chili

DarkSoul
DarkSoul
210 posts
Nomad

its all up to the lady she decides do whatever she says u be her servent and ulle get a treat back...

DarkSoul
DarkSoul
210 posts
Nomad

also i dont realy think u shuldnt think if ull be hapy or not what could happen if ur baby is born and what culd happen if its not

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Asherlee, in theory that would work very well. But the fact is, our schools do a horrible job educating children on sex. All they do is tell you not to do it, they do not fully explain how you should do it safely. So for the people that are scared out of it, it works. But for the rest of the kids who are not scared, they still don't know the proper way to be safe. For your idea to work, we would have to make a major change to our educational programs. Chances are, most school systems are not willing to do that. It is way too controversial.

Showing 196-210 of 1508