ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 314937
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
SerbWarrior
SerbWarrior
38 posts
Nomad

Okay...listen i tried to be open minded...
BUT THIS?
THIS?
NO FUCKING WAY...
LISTEN IF YOU DONT WANNA BABY DONT GO FUCKING AROUND WITH SOMEONE UNTIL YOU FINISH COLLAGE AND HAVE A GOOD JOB!
But if you do get an abortion...
1)Its only your fault
2)You killed your own future son or girl!
And they say this is legal...
Well then,why did you have to have sexual intercourse when you were 16?
Listen up...
If you dont want the baby at least let it live...
And send it to a foster home.
I know its not all that good,but killing it is alright?
And if someone DARES TO SAY ITS NOT MURDER...
I hope you burn in hell...
The abortionists are like hitler...
As i said,dont wanna baby then dont fuck around...
The only reason im against abortion is because i believe its murder...
Not because im a Christian...
But because,to everyones suprise,im a human being!
And what they are doing is inhumane!

napolian654321
napolian654321
922 posts
Nomad

I think its wrong tk have a child aborted just cause he isint wanted everyon has a right to live when ppl say womens rights what about childs rights??

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,826 posts
Duke

Serb, when you rant and swear like that it makes your argument much less convincing.
Abortion is not murder - murder is a legal definition. Since abortion does not fall under the legal definition of murder, it's not murder.
If you're trying to argue that murder is a moral definition, then you are begging the question by calling abortion murder. Either way, you're just plain wrong.
I think it's far more humane to abort an unwanted child than to either force the mother to raise it or to have the child bounce around different foster homes for 18-21 years.
I personally have no appreciation at all for the "sanctity of human life." And when the life your talking about is a non-sentient future money-sucking demon, then I'm even less morally opposed to its non-existence.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Main Entry: 1mur·der
Pronunciation: \\ËmÉr-dÉr\\
Function: noun
Etymology: partly from Middle English murther, from Old English morthor; partly from Middle English murdre, from Anglo-French, of Germanic origin; akin to Old English morthor; akin to Old High German mord murder, Latin mort-, mors death, mori to die, mortuus dead, Greek brotos mortal
Date: before 12th century
1: the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought
2 a: something very difficult or dangerous <the traffic was murder> b: something outrageous or blameworthy <getting away with murder>

Theres your definitino right there, and it fits perfectly with abortion.

I cost nothing to get your child adopted, why not do that? Because youre afraid of the pain. So you decide to kill a child with a chance for a future.

opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

i beilive its choice and what happened. I mean if the girl was raped and is like 17 and cant support anyone then it would be unsafe to bring a baby into that. IT would be better if every baby like that could be adopted but that impossible their isnt enough people in the world to take ovare of that. I think its a choice but only people who really cant take care of the baby should have it done. Not like some 16 year old slut who got pregent again people like that should not be able to have a abortion.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,826 posts
Duke

I'm sorry, but that definition does not fit at all with abortion.
It's not unlawful killing, because it's not illegal, which is what I had said originally. Again, by calling Abortion murder, you are either just plain wrong in a legal sense, or you are begging the question in a moral sense.
Even if I abort a child with malice and forethought, it's not unlawful killing.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Still theres the option of adoption, The child is still a human being, who deserves a chance at life

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,826 posts
Duke

Why does it, though? Without religious contexts (since there are plenty of non-religious people out there) how can you say that something "deserves" something? Morally, what does it mean to deserve something? And why does a fetus deserve a chance at life?

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

How could you even ask that question? How could you kill off a human being thats done nothing? Thats never had the chance at life? Just because a 16 year old gets pregnant cause they forgot to use protection, how is that the babys fault?

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Just because a woman got raped and is at risk of death if she has the baby, how is that her fault?
I don't agree with abortion, it should be the LAST OPTION. But in some instances, perhaps saving the child from a horrible life as a poor orphan or homelessness is the greatest form of mercy. I'd rather never know what life is than live a life knowing I was unwanted by even my own mother.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Oh, really? You think adoption is always an option?
How naive. Most parents who want to adopt have a certain child in mind, and will usually go through an orphanage. For a single mother to find someone to adopt her child is harder than you might think.

Then again, neither you no I are women. This is something that we should leave to them to decide, as it concerns them more than anyone else...

BUT THEN THEY WOULDN'T BE IN THE KITCHEN, WOULD THEY?

... Attempt at humor failed and ended up making me look like an ass. Oh well.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

*tosses a poorly made sandwich at you*

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

BUT THEN THEY WOULDN'T BE IN THE KITCHEN, WOULD THEY?

I got a chuckle out of it )

Anyway... being the liberal that I am, I am very pro-choice, because who am I to make decisions for others and their body. Personally, though, I would not have an abortion. I know many well-adjusted adopted children, and if I really did not want to keep the child, I would do that. I would, at this stage in my life, probably keep the child. Think about how many of your friends are 'mistakes'. You might not know it, but a lot of people are... My mother was on birth control, my fiance's father had a vasectomy. Many of my friends parents were 'done' having children. The world would be a much smaller place if we conveniently disposed of our mistakes. Though I will admit there are always exceptions to the rule....
Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Is it food?
I'm really not picky about how well it's made if I didn't have to make it >_>

But that reminds me of what someone in my D&D group said... their DM was such an asshole that they got a wish, and they wrote like 3 pages of shit trying to get a sandwich, and it still was a crappy sammich.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Very, very well put.

Showing 346-360 of 1508