ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 314946
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Snakebite, you kinda should read my post on the previous page. Sex isn't something you can simply deny or abstain from...well some people can do it better than others but hey, if it wasn't such a powerful drive it'd kinda not make sense that humankind would have reproduced up to the point we're at, y'know?

Dirk, I specifically mean the terminate pregnancy type (see above post).

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

In some conditions to end the fetus's 'life' before it gets to be a baby would be a better fate. Maybe you can't support the child and it ends up dieing of starvation. Maybe you decide to send it to an orphanage and he/she becomes a mass-murder. Maybe your a druggie and the kid comes out pyscho and deformesd. Now of course there are very slim chances for all of these things to happen, except for druggie and starvation, but they still could.

Abortin in my opnion is good if it is not misused

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

I think abortion is wrong! People dont have a right just to kill babies cuz they dont want them!

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

What about the people that can't support the child? What about the people who, as I said above, can't support the child so the child will die a painful death apon entrance to this world. What about the girl who is fifteen and was raped? Does the child have a right to screw up her life just so it can live a miserable life?

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

Doesn't matter to give life and simply take it away is a heartless act. IMO abortion is wrong. Someone else can always be found to take of the child, as for the raper he deserves at least 3 years in jail or the death penalty.

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

I agree with Drognar!

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

Not always can someone be found to take the child. I wasn't asking about the raper I know what he deserves but still not always is life like that movie Juno. You can't always find a good loving willing to adopt-a-baby family.

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

There is someone that would take the baby!

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

As I said not always....do you have facts to back up your statment? Just putting a statment like that is kindve pointless as it gives no plank to see why you beleive this so no real argument can come out of it.

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

So you're for abortion? Why do you think that it is good?

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

To Craze:
I'm for it in some cases others I'm against it. I beleive it is neccasary in some cases. If you are unable to support the child then you are basiclly condeming it to a life of poverty which can turn the kid into a theif. Also some women are unable to be mothers at the age of when they are impregnated which leads to neglation of the child or even abuse. Again these two points usally lead to a higher precatage of the child becoming a crimnal. I also sopmewhat support the idea becuase of the supposed freedom of chose.
As BigBlowa stated it can techaliclly not be considered murder which is the major case made against abortion

In some cases however the child can be born and the parents are being selfish. Those are the cases that I dislike.

Zerlock1124
Zerlock1124
93 posts
Nomad

I'm totally against abortion. If a girl is having intercourse, she should pay the consequences for those actions. This is true through all of life. If you're going to smoke, you have to suffer the health consequences.

Of course, most people would bring up rape as a counterpoint. If a girl becomes pregnent because of a rape, then they should be joyful about the fact that they are bringing new life into this world. If she is economically unable to support the child, then putting the child up for adoption is always an option. Even so, this is all the more reason to get the predators off the street.

But that's just my humble opinion...

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

@Zerlock:

I'm totally against abortion. If a girl is having intercourse, she should pay the consequences for those actions.

I could completely destroy this argument with a detailed point-by-point explanation of why this statement cannot be the case, but in this case, I'm going to do the same by citing a single example.

Rape victims?
josephli_abcd
josephli_abcd
3 posts
Nomad

it is bad, its killing lives

josephli_abcd
josephli_abcd
3 posts
Nomad

i am againgst it

Showing 391-405 of 1508