ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 314965
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
Skyla
Skyla
291 posts
Peasant

@DragonMistress:

I would rather be a paraplegic, or have some sort of minor deficiency, even autism or something of the like, than not be born. Though I do agree that it is the mother's decision, I do not think that this is a legitimate argument except for extreme situations.

I'm sorry, I believe my last post wasn't too coherent. If a child suffers from a disease which could end his life at birth, such as Harlequin type ichthyosis, and this is detected before birth - the mother should definitely be advised to have an abortion.

You are correct, in any case - as you have already mentioned an abortion should be performed if it is a truly severe case, and Harlequin ichthyosis is the most severe form of congenital ichthyosis.

-Skyla <3
thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

Also, if the mother is going to die due to child birth, then abortion is okay.

terrellgundum
terrellgundum
6 posts
Nomad

well it your choice noone should tell you or make you do anything concern your body or tell you ur wrong it there body there yime there energy so no one right or wrong if it you

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

I think abortion should be banned!

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Craze77 ive seen a few of your other posts on the forums if ur just gonna shout your intolerant slogans and racial slurs then don't. Keep it to yourself u sad person

WildStriker404
WildStriker404
60 posts
Nomad

A state oversteps its bounds whenever it considers people [its] property. Enough said.

The way I see it, we have become so convinced that life itself has value that we fail to see that death is a part of it. If life has value, and death is a part of life, then death has at least some value to us.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Thats a very good point wild striker

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

If abortion was banned, people would do it any way. With underground doctors or coat hangers and antifreeze.

Henrytheonlygameking
Henrytheonlygameking
677 posts
Nomad

aborshen is bad ther is more hyoomane ways of doing this

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

You're right it's up to the mom.

MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

i think it is wrong the thing has a heart beat when it is inside fo a mother so if things with heart beats aren't considered a human life then i can murder anyone for they are just a blob of tissue

purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

wow you are very sick every one of you mofos who believes in this crap the only reason to do this is...well there is none and abortion is murder the smallest person is still a person no matter what you say the fetus has it's right whether it knows it or not
but it is your nightmare whatever you want to do if you want to do it you will be wondering in retrospect all your life what would have happened to it what it would look like so it is your loss. if not good

Devoirity
Devoirity
62 posts
Nomad

In my own opionion, Women should be allowed the choice, my reasons being:

-The fetus/' concerned has a high probability of, Being still-born, miscarried, dying during delivery, or short after, and/or killing the Mother as well, due to a genetic disorder of the mother or fetus. Also, if the child has a high probability of being born severely mentally retarded,as mentally capable as a labotomizee, or brain dead.

-The child is the offspring of a rape, which is a mentally traumatizing experience, and the mother has no idea if the child could grow up to be; like the old addage, like father, like son, mentally unstable, violent etc.

-If it is an unexpected child, in the region of, protection used but failed, e.g. condom burst, morning after pill didn't work etc, and the child is unwanted, and not able to be properly, or adequately cared for.

Righting a few wrongs:

A fetus is not deemed developed enough for life outside of the womb until 35-40 weeks.

Just because the fetus has a heartbeat doesn't meant it is a human life, or alive, as it does not have a scientifically recognisable conciousness until near the end of the pregancy. This means that abortion is not akin to murder, as murder is deliberate, and caused by conscious thought.

Abortion, is called that because it Aborts, or ends the pregnancy prematurely.

Also, the Fetus is apart of the Mother, up until around the middle of the pregancy.

And in my own views, Abortion is a terrible thing, and women who ignore contraception, even for religious reasons, are ignorant, and irresponsible.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

the abortion debate. i can't simply agree or disagree with the concept of abortion. in one sense, i think it's wrong, because if it was myself in that situation, the thought of a little life growing, progressing inside me would make me not want to consider letting it go before its had time to develop. however i do not hold a grudge against people i know who have had an abortion and i would never deem it 'wrong'. the situation has to be looked at, imagine if the woman was raped, if she'd die during birth, if she couldnt support the child, if home/marital life was awful.

every aspect has to be taken into consideration

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

I actually get into this topic. I will start off by saying if you say abortion is okay in even one exception such as rape, you are for abortion. Otherwise, that woman would not be able to get an abortion.

I personally think abortion is wrong. There are a couple reasons. First, that woman had to be in the wrong place to get raped. I am saying that most women are raped by walking by themselves in dark areas. Of course there are times when it is not her fault which leads me into my next point.

There is always adoption. People say that would just ruin the kid's life. I know plenty of kids that were adopted and they have good lives. Two of my cousins were adopted and they fit right in with the family. Also, adoption agencies check the wannabe parent's background to make sure it would be safe.

If a woman sleeps around and gets pregnant, that is her fault. She should know better. Basically, abortion is wrong in my opinion. People can say that is not killing since the baby is not born. It is killing. You are destroying a life. That is the definition of killing.

Showing 466-480 of 1508