ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 314956
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

BTW, abortion is only legal up to the 3rd month of pregnancy in France.
What about the States?

Skyla
Skyla
291 posts
Peasant

@Calm: Yes, the 1973 Supreme Court decision made abortion legal in the United States.

-Skyla <3

Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

Yes, the 1973 Supreme Court decision made abortion legal in the United States.

I know that, but my question was "until which month of pregnancy is it allowed?"
Skyla
Skyla
291 posts
Peasant

Oh, sorry, I believe it is allowed up to the 3rd month of pregnancy.

-Skyla <3

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Ooh, handy. Thanks also for that info!

You flatter me Calm :P I sorta need to know this info...professional requirement, y'know...

Also, Skyla, there's no need to concede that a baby will feel pain even 4 months into pregnancy. I've already given evidence that pain isn't likely to be felt before at least 6 months, given standard definition of pain.

Also, given that pain felt in abortion is an arguing point, which, personally, I wouldn't say that it is a biggie, but couldn't help but flesh out this facet anyway!

Waterpologuy
Waterpologuy
227 posts
Nomad

Im not sure either way on this issue. I think it depends on how formed the baby is yet...

Captian_EO
Captian_EO
172 posts
Nomad

Abortion is murder, the kid never even gets a chance to live because their murdered! If you don't want a kid, then put it up for adoption, at least the kid has a chance at a life.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

At least someone sees my view! Haha, I say the baby gets a soul right at conception, and abortion is killing. I know crap like being raped happens, but it isn't fair to the baby. Adoption should be the first choice.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I think we're valuing things differently here. This will sound a bit more utilitarian than I like it to be, but I'll throw it out there for the sake of it:

"Let's give the unborn baby a chance at life" as a universal rule does not make sense to me because it then conflicts with the valuing of lives that are already in play, have their own set of potentials that have been already realised and further potentials mapped etc. To me, those would tend to outweigh the value of this unknown entity that is the unborn child.

Mind you, I said universal rule. Were there no universal rule applied here, does not mean that this will not happen at all, as Skyla pointed out.

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

it's not really alive because it hasen't expierenced life yet. and what about the overall population do we really need any more people on this planet no, not for a while at least. Another reason is, even if the baby gets put up for adoption s/he still probably have that great a life because only one in ten kids get adopted the rest are put in foster homes and are deprived of having a real mother or father which would result in a bad quality of life, so i'm pro abortion.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Haha, this thread has been around for a couple months and has had 45 pages of responses. Think again, buddy. I made it for a reason: for people to discuss what they thought about the topic.

You can at least try and support your horrendously bare post with some kinda of information. Really now, come on.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I think that abortion is pure evil.

It is flat out murder and should not be going on.

BTW: This thread is not going to last very long

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Excuse me if they want to solve there headache at eighteen then maybe the should not have unprotected sex or have none at all. If they go and get drunk then laid that does not go and give them the permission to kill another human.

Ok sure the mom should have a say in it, but has anyone ever considered what the child, who is at the mercy of there mother would want. If they could talk do you think that they would say "Oh i understand what happened you were having fun then things got out of control then bam you have me. And since this is a load on your back because you are not out of college yet, why don't you go ahead and kill me to make your life easier".

Yeah.....NO

So overall abortion is dead and can go and fuck itsself

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

yeah but the baby can't talk because it has no intellegence no life experiences hasn't felt happiness or sarrow, love or hatred joy or bordom so it's not really alive go back a page and read my last post

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Ricador, you seem to be getting rather upset.

While the above is a scenario does happen, to judge on this mere basis of that is ignoring a lot of things that we've already covered in this thread! An emotional response is one thing, a response that takes into account realities is another.

it's not really alive because it hasen't expierenced life yet.

Well...while that's not exactly the way I'd put it, I believe BASHA kinda gets the direction I was prodding at.
Showing 436-450 of 1508