ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 314973
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

I guess that makes me Pro-life. That being said, that doesn't mean I agree with a woman going out and being ****d, and it being her fault. For that, I would just say that crap happens, but you should still let the fetus, embryo, live. If he/she is put into adoption, it would be a normal life for a child. The child wouldn't be all crazy, or durranged. It would be a normal lifestyle to him/her.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Alot of times, it isn't a "wrong place." It could be a sidewalk across from an elementary school. It could be a nice place, a dark place, etc. You also have to take into account that not all ****s are outside alone. It could be from a boyfriend, husband, or acquaintance.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

So what? They're not allowed to go out? Words can't describe how much I hate people that say it's the woman's fault.

They should know to at least walk with a friend or someone! I am not saying it is entirely the woman's fault. I am saying it is her fault that she is in the wrong place alone.
WeeMan147
WeeMan147
199 posts
Nomad

Wow. I am completely surprised at people's attitudes towards this topic. You can't blame a victim. How ignorant can you be? Someone goes OUT OF THEIR WAY TO HURT SOMEONE ELSE and all you can say is "She should not have been using her rights to walk wherever she pleases!"

What if they broke in her house and raped her? Should she have not been home? Should she have been in that dark alley then?

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Do you have to walk around with a friend? are there places you cant go?

I am not saying they have to walk with a friend. I am just saying they should. Also, that is not even my main reason why abortion should not be allowed.

Alot of times, it isn't a "wrong place." It could be a sidewalk across from an elementary school. It could be a nice place, a dark place, etc. You also have to take into account that not all ****s are outside alone. It could be from a boyfriend, husband, or acquaintance.

That is why I said not always. That is when adoption can come into play. If the woman gets raped, she can give the baby up to adoption.
Eyes
Eyes
139 posts
Blacksmith

@ TotalReview: I think the reason why people are focusing on it so much is because you have effectively said that it is the woman's responsibility to not get raped. You have added a disclaimer that "there are times when it is not her fault", but the former is so egregious that people can't help but comment.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@chrs181818-
You forgot one.
3) I am morally opposed to not having abortions, I'm going to impose this on others to end overpopulation (Pro death) lol

@Topic-
Now I'll apply one of my favorite LD debate arguments, when the government prevents people from exercising free choice it presumes that the government is infallible and knows what is moral and what is not. When you have a government that presumes its infallibility, you have one which knows no stopping, that can choose everything for you because it is believes it is always right. Whenever a government presumes infallibility, freedom is lost. See page 36 of g=PP1&ots=UVeuCyu7c6&sig=xdLJs6NHUkgrNjU2HGStWBNDwso&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result#PPA36,M1">On Liberty, by John Stuart Mill, for where I get the basis of the argument.

@People who think abortion is immoral even when raped-
Do you have any idea of how horrible it would be to be raped? I read a book (can't remember its name) written by a rape victim, who became extremely depressed and lived in a state of constant fear, having to carry around the child of the rapist would probably drive someone insane; you can't make judgements without experience.

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

Wow that's uhh, I'm sorry to hear that

boom

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

Women don't care about anything all they want is to not to have child.

WeeMan147
WeeMan147
199 posts
Nomad

El_Dyablo_666, I really am going to request that you stop posting. So far you have ruined 3 threads that were going along just fine before you got there. For the better half of this morning myself, along with a good group of other, were actually debating and proving points with evidence, you have killed it. It's really a shame.

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

Abortion is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

Dont worry ElDyablo people have said that Ive messed up 2 today.

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

Hey Craze77 why are you doing this?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Craze, Diablo, please stop posting on these threads if you have nothing to add to the discussion.

jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

This is wrong! I know sometimes mothers don't have the money to support their child or their father is abusive, but why kill it? It's wrong, just wrong....

Showing 481-495 of 1508