ForumsWEPREvolution, creationism and the school cirriculum

697 104857
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Well to start out i dont beleive in evoltuion so the fact that other things cant be taught really ticks me off but i just want to see what people think and why.

• 697 Replies
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Are you theistic still? or are conversations like that turning you off?

locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

"Now, without evil, there would be no good. That's why evil must exist."

"But isn't God all powerful? Couldn't he make good WITHOUT evil?"

"MOVING ON"

a couple hundred years ago if some one said that this would happen

"BLASPHEMY WITCH WITCH!!!!!! BURN HIM" and it's almost the same now except it's just "BLASPHEMY"
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Religious theories belong in Theology/Religion classes and scientific theories belong in Science classes and in the curriculum in general - teach the facts of Evolution and let Intelligent Design and Creationism stay in the classes that work on faith/belief and not facts.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Correct, except ID and Creationism are the same. Really, it is. They just pass off ID as something else while still pertaining to religion as a whole.

Also, I had a big rant about Creationism in schools, but er...well as luck would have it, the server flipped out and cast me out as a ghost account, so I have to reclaim the post I wrote yesterday. I'll keep you posted I guess....

AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,573 posts
Blacksmith

"Now, without evil, there would be no good. That's why evil must exist."

"But isn't God all powerful? Couldn't he make good WITHOUT evil?"

"MOVING ON"

Thats not crushing, thats laa laa Im not listening...

I think I would get most annoyed if I had to deal with that.
Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

Are you theistic still? or are conversations like that turning you off?

Catholic. Unfortunately there's a concerning amount of "improv" these days when it comes to teachers answering questions about faith, but I just try to ignore those people.
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Well, when you're working with outdated, hole-y material then I'd say improv is allowed - heh, even the Romans probably did it.

Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

Weren't the Romans the ones who crucified them and forced them underground?

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Originally, but then when Christianity got popular a lot of things were decided by the Romans about what happened - decades after any of it supposedly happened.

Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

And then the Muslims killed them all my favorite part

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

You forget the portion of the story where the Christians retaliated killing thousands of Muslims. And so on so forth.

Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

"Dude the Muslims are at our doorstep. What shall we do?"

"I don't know man, should we attack them?"

"Nah. If we defend ourselves, the ensuing bloodshed will be contorted and twisted until it looked like we randomly attacked them for no reason, then ***** their dead bodies."

"Crap you're right."

*Constantinople falls*

logantheking
logantheking
254 posts
Scribe

The only problem I have with evolution being in public schools is the fact that almost no teachers or textbooks ever mention anything about the problems with the theory of evolution.
Examples include: lack of intermediate fossils, inability to explain the existence of even the "simplest" living organisms, multi-strata fossils etc.
Try reeding the book Refuting Evolutionby Jonathan Sarfati and/or the book The case for a Creatorr by Lee Strobel. Both books were written by Christians but the use almost entirely science. I am not trying to be 'reachy' but these books both give a scientific view on why evolution is unfeasible.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Examples include: lack of intermediate fossils, inability to explain the existence of even the "simplest" living organisms, multi-strata fossils etc.

Are you joking? We have transitional fossils, it does explain the existence of simplest organisms (unless your talking about how life began that's the theory of abiogenesis), and yes we do have an explanation for polystrate fossils, which is a subject of geology rather then evolution.

Try reeding the book Refuting Evolutionby Jonathan Sarfati and/or the book The case for a Creatorr by Lee Strobel. Both books were written by Christians but the use almost entirely science.

Almost entirely science? Right, and Kent Hovind has a valid degree from a reputable college.

I am not trying to be 'reachy' but these books both give a scientific view on why evolution is unfeasible.

They give fallacies and lies.

I would reply with more then just small sentences but we have already been over all this.
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

Are you joking? We have transitional fossils, it does explain the existence of simplest organisms (unless your talking about how life began that's the theory of abiogenesis), and yes we do have an explanation for polystrate fossils, which is a subject of geology rather then evolution.

Try reeding the book Refuting Evolutionby Jonathan Sarfati and/or the book The case for a Creatorr by Lee Strobel. Both books were written by Christians but the use almost entirely science.

Almost entirely science? Right, and Kent Hovind has a valid degree from a reputable college.

I am not trying to be 'reachy' but these books both give a scientific view on why evolution is unfeasible.

They give fallacies and lies.

I would reply with more then just small sentences but we have already been over all this.

*sniff sniff* do i smell burn??

he he evolution wins again to the science mobile!

but seriously i love that evolution is taught than creationism if they taught religion we'd be in the medieval times or the 1700's noaw
Showing 511-525 of 697