ForumsWEPR[necro] Legalization of Marijuana

794 157466
ligaboy
ligaboy
1,051 posts
Peasant

I know that there is a topic about legalizing drugs, but I wanted to talk about Marijuana specifically.

Marijuana was banned in 1937 in the US and is now said to be a gate-way to more dangerous illegal drugs. However in this current state of economy I think we'd be better off with the legalization of marijuana. First, it would provide jobs for people. Second, more tax money to the government. Third, it would decrease sale to minors.

• 794 Replies
German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the double post, but I misread the article I posted. Apparently the referendum was passed in 1996, but the bill has not passed in the house. But there is an active movement to get it rolling again.

there is a legal right to smoke medicinally-prescribed marijuana in the state of California.

I think there can be a lot of benefits to legalizing marijuana.
There's way more uses than just smoking it, you know.

-Hemp paper is more durable, and does not need the polluting chlorine bleached used for wood paper. It is also used for bank notes and archives (due to its fineness and durability).
-Hemp clothing is VERY comfortable, nicely breathable, but warm as well. with a windbreaker on, you're VERY toasty warm.
-Hemp can be used to produce non-toxic diesel fuel.
-You can make a house out of hemp (Used to produce caulking, cement, fiberboard, flooring, insulation, paneling, particleboard, plaster, plywood, reinforced concrete and roofing.)
-And many more!

and hemp plants can be grown to quite useful quantities of hemp in just 6 months, probably quicker if they used MiracleGro and/or they grow the plants well.

check out that link above though. probably something you didn't know about is there.
Tarcobell
Tarcobell
121 posts
Nomad

america sucks

nimbin in Queensland is the pot capital of Australia

windshift
windshift
320 posts
Nomad

-Hemp paper is more durable, and does not need the polluting chlorine bleached used for wood paper. It is also used for bank notes and archives (due to its fineness and durability).
-Hemp clothing is VERY comfortable, nicely breathable, but warm as well. with a windbreaker on, you're VERY toasty warm.
-Hemp can be used to produce non-toxic diesel fuel.
-You can make a house out of hemp (Used to produce caulking, cement, fiberboard, flooring, insulation, paneling, particleboard, plaster, plywood, reinforced concrete and roofing.)rn-And many more!

and hemp plants can be grown to quite useful quantities of hemp in just 6 months, probably quicker if they used MiracleGro and/or they grow the plants well.

I just wanted to say great post. Hemp should be used so much. We should also know that marijuana isn't addictive and it is less dangerous than both cigarettes and alcohol. I really don't know why they don't legalize. I mean it should be your own personal choice.

German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

I just wanted to say great post. Hemp should be used so much. We should also know that marijuana isn't addictive and it is less dangerous than both cigarettes and alcohol. I really don't know why they don't legalize. I mean it should be your own personal choice.

thank you. and, at the very least industrialized hemp should definitely be legalized. it can't get you high, it's got amazing qualities, etc.
Samanjaro
Samanjaro
9 posts
Shepherd

There are a difference between legalization and decriminalization.

The real topic talk about decriminalization.

AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,573 posts
Blacksmith

I rekon decriminalizing is a must regardless of what people think the good or bad effects of legalization are. Why are people in prison for smoking or selling small amounts of a plant. Ill repeat that.

WHY ARE PEOPLE IN PRISON FOR SMOKING OR SELLING A PLANT

*sigh* this is crazy.

zocc1
zocc1
183 posts
Nomad

WHY ARE PEOPLE IN PRISON FOR SMOKING OR SELLING A PLANT

That's easy enough to answer... They knew it was against the law to smoke or sell it, but not only did they do it anyways, they were stupid enough to get caught doing it.

What's the point of having a law if it's not enforced?

(And it's a petty crime to have a small amount of marijuana... you don't get put in prison, so I'm guessing your trying to say a large amount of marijuana...)

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

i really hope they do. i want to smoke it without my parents getting pissed

Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

What's the point of having a law if it's not enforced?

To appaear as if you have one ideal when you have another.

It's that way in Canada.

Let's look at Marc Emery for example. he was a Canadian poltician. He started a tube-style website for marijuana called PotTV. He started Cannabis Culture magazine. And he ran a mail order marijuana seed selling business.

The Canadian government left him alone even though he was completely open about his actions selling marijuana seeds over the internet.

The only reason he is now in jail is because American forces requested his arrest, and he was charged under American law. He is now going to head to an American prison.

His actions are illegal in Canada. But we didn't try to stop him. Not because we were lazy. But because he was right.

America would never be able to accept an unprotected border with a country that has legal marijuana. I've gotten the impression at times illegal marijuana in Canada is merely posturing by the gov't to appease America.
AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,573 posts
Blacksmith

Hey Zocc1
for saying this : "That's easy enough to answer... They knew it was against the law to smoke or sell it, but not only did they do it anyways, they were stupid enough to get caught doing it."

You get a pie in the face. What a useless and thoughtless answer.

Who's law. Does (what YOU say is right or wrong) mean (what I say is right or wrong) is wrong, thats not right. There IS no right and wrong, give me ONE good reason that YOU think its WRONG. Although you are right in thinking it doesnt matter because I may still think that YOUR wrong, and IM right, menwhile you will be annoyed because you will think YOUR right and IM wrong and you may even want to argue why YOU are right and IM wrong. That doesnt make either of us right, or wrong. Do you understand?
If so think using your brain and not your buttcheeks and answer me smogbammit!

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

All of those old people that smoke "medical marijuana" are turning into potheads. They walk around on the streets smoking joints, and look totally burned,lol!

AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,573 posts
Blacksmith

At least it stops them complaining about the young ones.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

At least it stops them complaining about the young ones.

"Those pot smoking hippies!" *puff puff* HaHa!
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Commies!

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Marijuana helps you grow a nice beard?

Showing 226-240 of 794