ForumsWEPR[necro] Legalization of Marijuana

794 157438
ligaboy
ligaboy
1,051 posts
Peasant

I know that there is a topic about legalizing drugs, but I wanted to talk about Marijuana specifically.

Marijuana was banned in 1937 in the US and is now said to be a gate-way to more dangerous illegal drugs. However in this current state of economy I think we'd be better off with the legalization of marijuana. First, it would provide jobs for people. Second, more tax money to the government. Third, it would decrease sale to minors.

• 794 Replies
Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

Was this a typo or a really bad joke about spaghetti and meatballs?

It's an AWESOME joke!

WTF is wrong with you?

HIlarious
StonedOne
StonedOne
33 posts
Nomad

If you want to bring god it to the arguement then Read this from the bible
Genesis 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

Genesis 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
So in essence "GOD" says weed is good

German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

actually in that passage God said that plants and herbs are good.

and Marijuana is a plant/herb.

Zephera
Zephera
187 posts
Nomad

Megalize Larijuana!!!!!!!

I'm not getting this; I must be overlooking something. What's the joke?
Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

http://www.marijuana-addiction.net/

A rehabilitation business is not a good source of information...
yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

Ok, no on rehabilitation business. Then try this guy. He was a smoker for 7 to 10 years before he admitted he was addicted: http://www.marijuana-addict.com/about/

He also has a open invitation to get people to write about how there trying to quit marijuana.

ONE HUNDRED DIARIES OF MARIJUANA ADDICTS

NonameC68 says there are some people who shouldn't ever use it, he names them as having depression, cause of addiction, or high blood pressure, cause of there heart. Well almost 10% of the student population have depression and about 30% over 20yrs of age have high blood pressure, with a big part of people who don't even now they have it. So those are serious risks those people will get that you are trying to dump on by saying you want marijuana legalized, and there's no good reason to do it!

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

http://www.marijuana-addiction.net/

A rehabilitation business is not a good source of information...

In return you posted:

Ok, no on rehabilitation business. Then try this guy. He was a smoker for 7 to 10 years before he admitted he was addicted: http://www.marijuana-addict.com/about/

nice come back lol!

any who;

So those are serious risks those people will get that you are trying to dump on by saying you want marijuana legalized, and there's no good reason to do it!

did you not read what noname was saying?! Pot relaxes you kinda like how Tobacco does. You could could get lung damage like Tobacco. Its funny how these two plants are similar and yet one is legal and the other isn't.

you could also tax the living daylights out of it and the feds make some money..
Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

God can violate any "laws" known to mankind, after all he is God.

People like you annoy me.

"GOD IS REAL AND IF YOU SAY HE ISN'T WITH SCIENCE DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE GOD DOESN'T FOLLOW THE SCIENCE."

I can't prove god isn't real just as you can't prove god is.

Science takes just as much faith as your religion.

do you not see those pot heads at your school?! *assuming that you are in high school or were in high school* Marijuana, alcohol, and prescription drugs can ruin lives. If one takes those drugs enough times, frequently enough, there probably will be a psychological addiction to it. People abuse things. And some people abuse Marijuana.

I agree with you on MOST things desert.

But I will never agree with you on this.

Marijuana is non-addictive, the only addictive potential is the same as your likelihood of addiction to talking on the phone.

Some people abuse credit cards. Some people abuse marijuana. By the way, what constitutes "abuse?"

Are you saying overuse? or improper usage?
TheDude42
TheDude42
1,026 posts
Nomad

I can't prove god isn't real just as you can't prove god is.

Exactly, so let's not get off topic with a useless discussion.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

well that's my point yes....

People abuse stuff. They abuse drugs, sex, beer, money, relationships, pets,..... A lot of people just don't know when to draw the line.

Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

People abuse stuff. They abuse drugs, sex, beer, money, relationships, pets,..... A lot of people just don't know when to draw the line.

Does that mean we illegalize sex, money, and relationships?
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

^well no.
People know the dangers of these things and yet they continue to happen. We keep these things legal because they are fun and other people assume that you are responsible

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Does that mean we illegalize sex, money, and relationships?

Yes, and masturbation because it's a sin.

On topic, the lazy people who smoke marijuana were more than likely lazy before they started smoking the stuff.

DrugPolicy

Now there's a site that is truly realistic about drugs. It does not suggest that people smoke marijuana, but it does suggest that people support marijuana as a belief that creating anti-drug laws does more harm than good.
yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

Its funny how these two plants are similar and yet one is legal and the other isn't.

Yeah, but he's not saying that.

yielee: If marijuana is legal because it's just a plant, then that means all drugs from plants should be legal.

NoNameC68: I never said it should be legal just because it's a plant.

It just seems like using tobacco as a reason to legalize marijuana is lost because of all the lawsuits, and health issues against tobacco. We're stuck with one bad thing, so now you want to add a second??

You think all those people NoNameC68 talked about, that marijuana affects in a negative way, won't try to get the government to pay for their rehabilitation and hospital bills? Yeah, I bet. That's why the government would tax the living daylights out of it, just to pay for all the problems that legalizing it created.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Marijuana would cause problems and fix problems, but the war on marijuana is worse than marijuana itself! If anything, it's picking the lesser of two evils.

If marijuana is legal because it's just a plant, then that means all drugs from plants should be legal.

I never said that all drugs from plants should be made legal. The reason why I compare marijuana to tobacco is because people often think marijuana is as dangerous as tobacco when it isn't.

Tobacco isn't ruining the country, despite all the problems it causes. How would marijuana ruin the country?

You think all those people NoNameC68 talked about, that marijuana affects in a negative way, won't try to get the government to pay for their rehabilitation and hospital bills? Yeah, I bet. That's why the government would tax the living daylights out of it, just to pay for all the problems that legalizing it created.

It would be taxed higher because of sin tax. Alcohol and tobacco are both heavily taxed themselves. Legalizing marijuana would fix way more problems than it would cause. You should check out the link I posted from my last post. It is realistic in the sense that it accepts drug addiction to be a problem, but it explains why the government shouldn't criminalize most drugs.

When someone goes to jail for selling drugs, what about that person's children? A child who has a missing father/mother figure will often get into more problems than having a caring parent. Most parents who do drugs aren't stupid enough to give their children any drugs until they are at least 18, if at all. So don't say that those parents would be too bad of role models to let them see their children.

You know who fucks Americans up the ass? Credit Card companies. That's a real danger! Credit Card companies put more people in debt than anything else in the world. Of course, everybody spends all their time fighting to keep marijuana illegal DESPITE how legalizing it wouldn't even effect you!

I don't care if smoking marijuana is a sin. I don't care if it's bad for people. It's their choice as long as they aren't hurting anybody, so bugger off. Supporting this fight against drugs is allowing the government to dig into people's personal affairs and is a violation of human rights.

Live and let live. Live and let die. Live. If something is endangering you, then fight it. Otherwise, leave it alone.

If marijuana is legalized and you have a child who starts smoking marijuana, that should be your problem! It shouldn't be the governments.

If I had a child and they got into drugs, I would kick his ass. But if it was illegal it wouldn't have happened. Maybe, but if he started doing drugs, it's my problem, not the government's.
Showing 301-315 of 794