ForumsWEPR[necro] Legalization of Marijuana

794 157449
ligaboy
ligaboy
1,051 posts
Peasant

I know that there is a topic about legalizing drugs, but I wanted to talk about Marijuana specifically.

Marijuana was banned in 1937 in the US and is now said to be a gate-way to more dangerous illegal drugs. However in this current state of economy I think we'd be better off with the legalization of marijuana. First, it would provide jobs for people. Second, more tax money to the government. Third, it would decrease sale to minors.

• 794 Replies
StonedOne
StonedOne
33 posts
Nomad

Weed doesn't even need to be legalized they just need to decriminalize it

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

TheDude, please understand that absolutely anything can be abused. So you can't use the excuse that someone might get hurt or die. People have stabbed themselves and others with pencils before.

The government, media, your parents, and your school has brain washed you into thinking marijuana is worse than what it really is. Do you know why marijuana is bad? Explain why it is bad instead of just saying it's bad.

When you are high, the world is slightly distorted. Distorted... that's not even a good word for it. It's something you would have to do to understand. Alcohol is far worse than marijuana. Anybody who says differently is either trying to sell you cigarettes (tobacco companies), are misinformed (parents), or fear they will lose money (many corporations).

Please, do some research before you babble off what your parents told you.

Alcohol is only legal because when it was illegal, we had the mafia. We have marijuana, which is less harmful than alcohol, being the key suspect in gangs. Gangs don't kill because they are high or want to get high off marijuana. They kill to sell it. Legalizing marijuana would drop crime rates and murder rates!

So legalizing marijuana would save lives.

Thank You.

Oh, did you know that tobacco companies actually donate money to anti-marijuana campaigns?! It's true! If marijuana is the cause of gangs and that's why we must keep it illegal, then why is it that every drug dealer wants it to remain illegal?

Tobacco companies and drug dealers would lose cash if marijuana was made legal. Tobacco companies would lose a lot of loyal customers to marijuana and drug dealers would go out of business.

Can you explain any of this? When you reply, try to explain all of the things I just asked.

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

Dude, at the least a few people have been killed by it, but if it were legalized the amount of deaths would skyrocket.

How?
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Dude, at the least a few people have been killed by it, but if it were legalized the amount of deaths would skyrocket.

Despite the fact it's nigh on impossble to OD off marijuana? Interesting theory.
StonedOne
StonedOne
33 posts
Nomad

Drug dealers want to keep it illegal so they keep making money. So legalize it but ban stores and such from selling it and leave it to those already doing it so truly in essance you would be having it decriminalized

rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

There has never been a confirmed death caused directly by marijuana.
Somers
Somers
1,532 posts
Nomad

I tried weed once...i remember staring at a tree for 3 hours...

yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

With all that attention the tree must have felt very poplar around you!

jjwood69
jjwood69
134 posts
Nomad

Well first off, ever seen a stoner doing 80? Very unlikely, but ask me about a juicer! Years ago pot should have been decriminalized. Its all about politics. Who has there hand in the right pockets. Enough said.

TheDude42
TheDude42
1,026 posts
Nomad

Okay, maybe pot hasn't claimed any deaths, but why SHOULD it be legalized? It's more addicting than tobacco and it screws the mind if you take a lot of it, so banning it is for the benefit of everyone else.

Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

Marijuana is less addicting than cigarettes, notice I said cigarettes and not tobacco. The cigarette companies add things to tobacco that makes it much more addicting than marijuana. Also marijuana has no lasting effects on the mind, no matter how much you use.

TheDude42
TheDude42
1,026 posts
Nomad

Yes but, you still haven't posted a reason TO smoke marijuana.

Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

Because its my mind and marijuana is a plant that growsin nature and I should be able to choose if I want to smoke it or not.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Yes but, you still haven't posted a reason TO smoke marijuana.

Not everything we do has to be good for us. Why can't we do something unhealthy once in a while? Every now and then I will eat a McDonald's Cheeseburger, and those things are terrible for you! They shouldn't be illegal.

As I stated, marijuana can be abused, however it is not nearly as dangerous as many people make it out to be. Friends and family should worry about those who smoke marijuana, not the government.

Making marijuana legal will decrease violence between drug dealers. That alone should be reason enough.

How we can benefit from marijuana

1. Marijuana can be used to make medicine. In fact, it's one of the greatest medicines when it comes to re leaving stress. Especially for people who have major depression, undergo cancer therapy, and people who have multiple sclerosis or other spasm related problems. I'm sure there are more, but medical marijuana would greatly help many people living in pain.

Medical Marijuana user.

Please don't be like the manager. People like her are pigs.

2. There is a marijuana plant that you can't get high off of. At least this marijuana should be legalized! Then we can make hemp. We can make hemp paper (like the Declaration of Independence), hemp clothing, new fuels, and many many other products!

Marijuana just isn't that bad. Please go to page 28 and try to answer my questions. I feel ignored. = (

The Union Please watch this.
joao99
joao99
350 posts
Shepherd

Marijuana rulezzz lol

Showing 271-285 of 794