ForumsWEPR[necro] Legalization of Marijuana

794 157422
ligaboy
ligaboy
1,051 posts
Peasant

I know that there is a topic about legalizing drugs, but I wanted to talk about Marijuana specifically.

Marijuana was banned in 1937 in the US and is now said to be a gate-way to more dangerous illegal drugs. However in this current state of economy I think we'd be better off with the legalization of marijuana. First, it would provide jobs for people. Second, more tax money to the government. Third, it would decrease sale to minors.

• 794 Replies
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

But that's you, and you are not them. And if you look at everyone, then some will trip acid just cause, and there friends will trip acid just cause, and then there's you, and you don't. So now you got all those people doing this bad thing, but you didn't and you think that ok? It's not. Cause there lives have a role to fill and if they can't fill that role then it affects others indirectly. Like what if they are a pizza deliverer and you call for pizza only they can't find your house cause there tripping acid. Now you starve to death just because you didn't want some barrier to prevent those people from being overexposed.

Most people aren't stupid enough to do drugs while working. Those who are high while working would get fired as quickly as someone who comes to work drunk.
German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

we're not talking about the legalization of acid.
also, you don't starve to death because you miss one meal.

yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

People fail drug tests all the time at there jobs. Is that cause it's illegal or just cause the jobs are about taking care of others? So those places don't want people doing drugs cause of how they affect there ability to help others, not just cause there illegal. That's different than going to the job drunk.

yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

Acid? If your talking about legalizing one drug, then there's no reason why you should stop. You should be for legalizing all drugs across the board. And that pizza was a analogy for anything that you may need from another person where you have to depend on them being totally fit and able to do there jobs or whatever.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

People fail drug tests all the time at there jobs. Is that cause it's illegal or just cause the jobs are about taking care of others? So those places don't want people doing drugs cause of how they affect there ability to help others, not just cause there illegal. That's different than going to the job drunk.

Drug tests are there to make sure you don't do the drug at all. After your high dies down, you will still have traces of the drug in your body. Doesn't prove a thing.
StonedOne
StonedOne
33 posts
Nomad

do work high or not is really not big problem if the task is simple like working at a fast food place or in a store its more skilled jobs that you dont want people doing high like doctors and stuff

Khronic
Khronic
155 posts
Nomad

It's already basically legal in Californa and look how well they are doing.

Oh wait...

Hmm, I vote it stays illegal.

German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

So those places don't want people doing drugs cause of how they affect there ability to help others, not just cause there illegal. That's different than going to the job drunk.

working drunk is just as bad as working while high on illegal drugs. there is no difference, other than the impairment factor.
German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

It's already basically legal in Californa and look how well they are doing.

Oh wait...

Hmm, I vote it stays illegal.

California's monetary troubles have absolutely nothing to do with the legalization of medical marijuana, the tax they receive from it is always a benefactor.

i could say "well it's illegal in [insert name of state] and look how well they're doing... legalize!" because nearly every state is doing bad. California, however, is doing worst because they have the largest economy, and there are larger ups and downs.
StonedOne
StonedOne
33 posts
Nomad

trust me i work just fine high actually better than when not because im more focused on what im doing and it makes boring work fun

yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

What I mean is that some jobs are differnet than others in there affect on others. Like if you work in construction then it doesn't matter if drugs are legal cause your not really affecting anyone's life, but if your like a nurse that works with premature babies then you shouldn't be doing drugs even if there legal cause there's a lot of decisions you have to make and that means you should be totally NOT doing drugs, legal or otherwise. But who's gonna stop them from doing drugs once there legal? So if you make marijuana legal you just going to hurt others' lives indirectly. So there should be a barrier keeping them out but not so bad punishment that it ruins someone's life if they got caught using it.

German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

Like if you work in construction then it doesn't matter if drugs are legal cause your not really affecting anyone's life

WHAT? being high in a construction zone is hazardous to your life and every single person in the construction zone. that is an extremely dangerous job to work high.

But who's gonna stop them from doing drugs once there legal? So if you make marijuana legal you just going to hurt others' lives indirectly. So there should be a barrier keeping them out but not so bad punishment that it ruins someone's life if they got caught using it.

even if it's legal, it doesn't mean that it's acceptable to go to a job on. booze is legal, yet you can't go to work high.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

EVERY single kid in my school would be getting high EVERYONE except a few excursions. Everyone would be addicted in 20 years and then other countries would look down on us and say, "Well dang it, we kind of look up to them but now they are just a bunch of pot smoking dummy heads."

Thats gotta be the dumbest thing I ever read

First of all, marijuana is not addictive. Two, no one looks up to us. Three, making it legal doesn't mean there isn't going to be an age restriction
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

What I mean is that some jobs are differnet than others in there affect on others. Like if you work in construction then it doesn't matter if drugs are legal cause your not really affecting anyone's life, but if your like a nurse that works with premature babies then you shouldn't be doing drugs even if there legal cause there's a lot of decisions you have to make and that means you should be totally NOT doing drugs, legal or otherwise.

No matter what job you do, you shouldn't be on drugs. But if you aren't working, you should be allowed to smoke some dope. If you go into work high, you get in trouble and possibly fired. It's as simple as that. Legalizing a drug doesn't mean people will be allowed to use that drug whenever they want.

If marijuana was legalized, people would smoke it like crazy for a few years. Then, after people get used to marijuana, more people will lay off of smoking marijuana regularly. Look at all the people who smoke, imagine that's the number of people who smokes marijuana. Understand they would only be allowed to smoke marijuana at home. Not everyone would be smoking weed. A lot of people wouldn't smoke weed even if it was legal, because a lot of people don't smoke tobacco. A lot of people don't drink irresponsibly.

You assume that anybody who smokes marijuana will be lazy, uncoordinated, and addicted. Most marijuana smokers are not lazy, uncoordinated, or addicted! So even if more people did smoke marijuana, as long as they are responsible, who cares?

All the drunk drivers out on the road, imagine 1/4 of those people being high instead. They are still a danger, but not nearly as dangerous as those who drink alcohol. Those people will also be able to get DUIs.

It's easy to want marijuana to be illegal because it is morally wrong and plain stupid to you. I feel the same way about cigarettes and alcohol. However, I believe that anybody should be allowed to drink and smoke if they want to.
yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

Being a drug user, doesn't mean going to work when your actually high, just like being an alcoholic doesn't mean your drunk at work. People can be an alcoholic and do construction when there sober, but would you want a drug user making snap judgements and complicated decisions when the life of your little baby is hanging in the balance, even if there sober on that day?

Showing 331-345 of 794