ForumsWEPR[necro] Legalization of Marijuana

794 157480
ligaboy
ligaboy
1,051 posts
Peasant

I know that there is a topic about legalizing drugs, but I wanted to talk about Marijuana specifically.

Marijuana was banned in 1937 in the US and is now said to be a gate-way to more dangerous illegal drugs. However in this current state of economy I think we'd be better off with the legalization of marijuana. First, it would provide jobs for people. Second, more tax money to the government. Third, it would decrease sale to minors.

• 794 Replies
AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,573 posts
Blacksmith

this is a terrible idea everyone would get high without worrying about the police and drugs are not good for you duh

Do you have some evidence to back this up. I.e. statistics from a country where Weed is legal and shows they all get high etc.

Cigarettes and alcohol are also drugs

Yes but they don't make you high they just give you cancer , gang green or can get you drunk

That IS getting high.
AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,573 posts
Blacksmith

this is a terrible idea everyone would get high without worrying about the police and drugs are not good for you duh

Do you have some evidence to back this up. I.e. statistics from a country where Weed is legal and shows they all get high etc.

Cigarettes and alcohol are also drugs

Yes but they don't make you high they just give you cancer , gang green or can get you drunk

That IS getting high.
Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

If there are laws about who can use it, then it would be like alcohol. Sure people would break said laws, but it doesn't hurt anyone. Also marijuana has no negative side effects.
Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,482 posts
Shepherd

Fail on the no negative side effects.
Marijuana 'related' deaths are possible, and I've heard mixing it with Alcohol can be dangerous.

But, Imo, It should be Legalized.
Portugal did it, now hardly anyone uses the stuff after they try it a bit. Its the fact that we as people chose not to regulate it, but (with problems like Mexican-US drug trafficking), we are choosing to ignore it rather than actually work with/against it.

kerbyc
kerbyc
10 posts
Nomad

THIS TOPIC SHOULD BE REMOVED, SCREW DRUGS SCREW POT HEADS

~~ KERBY ~~

I FEEL EXTREMELY ABOUT THIS TOPIC AND IT IS A VERY BAD DECISION TO DO, GO DRUG FREE!~

ITACHIARAS
ITACHIARAS
88 posts
Nomad

yea right. who wants a bunch of potheads running around in the streets

Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

Fail on the no negative side effects.
Marijuana 'related' deaths are possible, and I've heard mixing it with Alcohol can be dangerous.

Mixing with alcohol has nothing to do with marijuana. Also marijuana itself has no negative side effects, you can't OD and its not addictive.

yea right. who wants a bunch of potheads running around in the streets

No smoking in public, problem solved.
Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

Short term memory problems while intoxicated and occasional problems, such as anxiety, panic attacks if you can't handle doing drugs, paranoia and clumsiness.

Sorry, I meant long term side effects.
AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,573 posts
Blacksmith

Every intoxicant in the world has side effects. Most perscription drugs have considerably more serious side effects than weed. Weed doesnt make you have the squits, weed doesnt make you have an aleargic rash, in fact if you look on the list of possible side effects for lots of drugs weed ranks among the lowest.

Its just a shame some people think smoking every darn day is a good thing, but some people DRINK every day, and thats a part of most societys.

So far noone has come up with a vadlid point as to why a plant should be kept illigal. Sure there are downsides, but thats life, just dont smoke it if you dont agree, its REAL simple, or are you scared that your peer group are gonna pressure your weak butt into doing "illigal" drugs. Just say no kidz.

thealchemist1
thealchemist1
61 posts
Nomad

Okay, as I get it. I live in Canada, we have good weed. The THC levels would be regulated. They'd be more expensive, just like cigarettes. Minors would still be able to buy them. I think they should decriminalize it.

crazydumdum
crazydumdum
203 posts
Nomad

if you want to smoke pot that bad it might as well be illegal

samwynter
samwynter
80 posts
Nomad

it would be pointless. it helps nobody and it makes us look bad, medical marijuana is enough

AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,573 posts
Blacksmith

if you want to smoke pot that bad it might as well be illegal

That doesnt make sense.

it would be pointless. it helps nobody and it makes us look bad, medical marijuana is enough

What would be pointless? what helps nobody? and medical marijuana is not enough. Why should anyone be able to tell me what I am allowed to injest?
German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

"makes us look bad"

How does it make us look bad to do something that overall aids the country in average life span, overall health of country, and taxes coming into country. Other countries aren't afraid of being frowned upon for the legalization of marijuana/medical marijuana. Many countries with influence have done so and none are thought lesser because of it.

It's not gettin fully legalized any time soon, though. besides, the gov't wouldn't be able to tax as much then.

thealchemist1
thealchemist1
61 posts
Nomad

And the stuff about it making us all a bunch of stoners is a bunch of bull. Alcohol is legal, is everyone an alcoholic?

Showing 571-585 of 794