ForumsWEPR[necro] Legalization of Marijuana

794 157471
ligaboy
ligaboy
1,051 posts
Peasant

I know that there is a topic about legalizing drugs, but I wanted to talk about Marijuana specifically.

Marijuana was banned in 1937 in the US and is now said to be a gate-way to more dangerous illegal drugs. However in this current state of economy I think we'd be better off with the legalization of marijuana. First, it would provide jobs for people. Second, more tax money to the government. Third, it would decrease sale to minors.

• 794 Replies
German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

(Your big bro. won't go through trouble of getting the stuff for you when he can walk down to the shop and get it himself, you know)

If not then your big brother is a dick and you should kill him and steal his ID so you can go buy some weed. Or maybe just steal his ID. But still, what an ass hole.
The study used to prove that weed kills brain cells involved monkeys with gas masks getting pumped with enough smoke to cause suffocation, and the amount of damage to brain cells was roughly the same amount to be expected from such suffocation.

I felt this should be stressed. Love it.
You don't hallucinate on pot. The closest I've gotten is a sort of stop-motion thing when I looked at fast cars. Not really hallucination, I just tried following it with my eyes and kept stopping, which looked crazy when I was high.

The most I've hallucinated is closing my eyes and thinking I was floating on a plank in the sky and that the wind was blowing really hard and it was hard to stay on, then my brother said something to me and a big gust of wind blew and I fell over and screamed to the top of my lungs and opened my eyes and scrambled around on the floor freaked out as hell.
But that's on REALLY good weed - usually there are no real hallucinations, even though it's a 'minor hallucinogen'.
Also, drug-related violence and hard drug use has been known to drop significantly in countries where weed was legalized.
Just wanted to throw that out there.

This also works with cocaine, meth, etc.
Just wanted to add that.
BlackMath
BlackMath
31 posts
Nomad

The most I've hallucinated is closing my eyes and thinking I was floating on a plank in the sky and that the wind was blowing really hard and it was hard to stay on, then my brother said something to me and a big gust of wind blew and I fell over and screamed to the top of my lungs and opened my eyes and scrambled around on the floor freaked out as hell.
But that's on REALLY good weed - usually there are no real hallucinations, even though it's a 'minor hallucinogen'.

Indeed. Know whats awesome? Three pieces of potent weed-chocolate and four tabs of acid.
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

if the goverment makes marijuana legal then it would be so they could put a huge tax on it

BlackMath
BlackMath
31 posts
Nomad

Even with the tax, it would be cheaper. We're going at 10-15 a gram right now, but if it were legal, there would be alot more growers, so it would be way easier for suppliers to, well, stay supplied.
And than I will smoke weed every day of my life for the rest of my life... All day, every day, I don't give a shit.

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

i know people who just smoke week all day. their zeros but hey they don't care. i understand where they are coming from just their set of mind... witch is, i don't care, i skate with them sometime and they are REALLY DUMB. I mean like REALLY just stupid. witch is the main reason i don't do it.

BlackMath
BlackMath
31 posts
Nomad

Not all potheads are like that, I hope you realize. Smoking pot doesn't make you braindead, its just something that often appeals to those who are braindead. Simple as that. The founding fathers were potheads like hell, and I'm sure they weren't braindead.
It could also be your mindset. People often will decide someone is stupid based off of things unrelated to intelligence. Some of the smartest people I know almost never stop joking, and because of that tendency, people never realize their intelligence and see them as morons. Chances are, you do it. I'm sure I do, too.

German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

Even with the tax, it would be cheaper.

yyyyup. how i wish. also, this would work for medicinal too.
i skate with them sometime and they are REALLY DUMB. I mean like REALLY just stupid. witch is the main reason i don't do it.

either it's because they're really high or posers.
BlackMath
BlackMath
31 posts
Nomad

That, too. Some potheads seem to try to be stupid to fit the stereotype. Its a shame.

valkery
valkery
1,255 posts
Nomad

Why would you make something that you've spent thousands of dollars on trying to keep it illegal,suddenly legal? I just don't see the logic.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Why would you make something that you've spent thousands of dollars on trying to keep it illegal,suddenly legal? I just don't see the logic.

So we don't spend millions more trying to keep it illegal.

If keeping marijuana illegal is doing harm, who cares how much money we spent keeping it illegal? It's like having your mom or dad say "We know this cottage cheese is growing hair like molds that are black and green, but we payed for it, so eat it!"
AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,573 posts
Blacksmith

Not all potheads are like that, I hope you realize. Smoking pot doesn't make you braindead, its just something that often appeals to those who are braindead. Simple as that. The founding fathers were potheads like hell, and I'm sure they weren't braindead.
It could also be your mindset. People often will decide someone is stupid based off of things unrelated to intelligence. Some of the smartest people I know almost never stop joking, and because of that tendency, people never realize their intelligence and see them as morons. Chances are, you do it. I'm sure I do, too.

aye... we all act stupid from time to time. I think the pot is an excuse, as a reason to act silly...

"man Im so high, I cant blah blah blah etc etc..."

Its time to make weed legal, or at least as taxed and legal as alchohol.
grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

ts time to make weed legal, or at least as taxed and legal as alchohol.

That's right. Weed isn't more dangerous than alcohol. It doesn't even make you physically addicted. Sure, you mustn't go over the top but it's the same thing with alcohol.

BTW we had a voting in Switzerland but the folk voted against the legalization...
AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,573 posts
Blacksmith

BTW we had a voting in Switzerland but the folk voted against the legalization...

Fair enuf, but it makes me sad, the swedes are usually a sane bunch.
Austinn
Austinn
278 posts
Nomad

i smoke it RARELY but but i do smoke it...but i dont think it should become legal

grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

Fair enuf, but it makes me sad, the swedes are usually a sane bunch.

Swedes? I think you mean Swiss^^ And not always (-> They voted against the buildings of minarets)

smoke it RARELY but but i do smoke it...but i dont think it should become legal

So why are you doing it?^^ And why shouldn't it be legal?
Showing 601-615 of 794