ForumsWEPR[necro] Legalization of Marijuana

794 157475
ligaboy
ligaboy
1,051 posts
Peasant

I know that there is a topic about legalizing drugs, but I wanted to talk about Marijuana specifically.

Marijuana was banned in 1937 in the US and is now said to be a gate-way to more dangerous illegal drugs. However in this current state of economy I think we'd be better off with the legalization of marijuana. First, it would provide jobs for people. Second, more tax money to the government. Third, it would decrease sale to minors.

• 794 Replies
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Marijuana is a drug whichever way you look at it... once we get used to the idea of legal pot, and actually enact it, then I'm afraid it's only a short step from legalizing Cocaine.

*Kid comes home from school... sees his mum high, in a stupor, says "Mum, hope you left some for me!" while on the news, the broadcaster tells us that the president won't be able to address the nation, cuz he had a bad trip*

This might well be the future... people trippin' all the time maaan... no time for education, not while I got summa this weed, maaan....

That's just a myth. People are exposed to violence all the time. Sure, when we hear about someone's death and we don't know that person, it isn't as painful, but it doesn't mean we will start killing people.

Cigarettes and alcohol are also drugs. I know a lot of people who drink and smoke tobacco that avoid marijuana and hard drugs. I know plenty of people who smoke marijuana but avoid tobacco and in some cases alcohol! In fact, most marijuana smokers do NOT abuse hard drugs such as cocaine.

Marijuana doesn't hook people on hard drugs, drug dealers hook people on hard drugs.
joao99
joao99
350 posts
Shepherd

Yes to Legalization of Marijuana...lets RELAX everybody :P

Bloodscum
Bloodscum
115 posts
Nomad

That's just a myth. People are exposed to violence all the time. Sure, when we hear about someone's death and we don't know that person, it isn't as painful, but it doesn't mean we will start killing people.

Cigarettes and alcohol are also drugs. I know a lot of people who drink and smoke tobacco that avoid marijuana and hard drugs. I know plenty of people who smoke marijuana but avoid tobacco and in some cases alcohol! In fact, most marijuana smokers do NOT abuse hard drugs such as cocaine.

Marijuana doesn't hook people on hard drugs, drug dealers hook people on hard drugs.

Well now that you put it that way, I have to say I agree with you... I guess I'm a bit prejudiced against it.... people should have a right to choose what to do with their lives I guess.... to each his/her own I guess...
Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

*Kid comes home from school... sees his mum high, in a stupor, says "Mum, hope you left some for me!"

Do the same thing as for alcohol, over 21 you can have it.
adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

It needs to be legalized. It is a natural herb unlike alcohol, and it relaxes the body not deteriorates it.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Marijuana is a drug whichever way you look at it... once we get used to the idea of legal pot, and actually enact it, then I'm afraid it's only a short step from legalizing Cocaine.

*Kid comes home from school... sees his mum high, in a stupor, says "Mum, hope you left some for me!" while on the news, the broadcaster tells us that the president won't be able to address the nation, cuz he had a bad trip*

This might well be the future... people trippin' all the time maaan... no time for education, not while I got summa this weed, maaan....

Was it like that when alcohol was legalized? No. Why would it be like that when the less powerful, less addicting marijuana is legalized? It wouldn't be. The point of the forum is to think about your arguments, not parrot around what everyone says.
dimismx
dimismx
169 posts
Nomad

No,marijuana must not be legalized.After all it's a drug too,like the others.If marijuana gets legal,then more people can try it and get addicted to it.Any addiction never came up with something good.So,NO.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

No,marijuana must not be legalized.After all it's a drug too,like the others.If marijuana gets legal,then more people can try it and get addicted to it.Any addiction never came up with something good.So,NO.

Any substance that enters your body and affects how it works is a drug. Also, by your logic, alcohol, cigarettes and sleeping pills should all be outlawed because they are addictive drugs. Marijuana is not physically addicting. It is mentally addicting, however. But the people who are addicted can actually stop easily.
rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

If marijuana gets legal,then more people can try it and get addicted to it.Any addiction never came up with something good.So,NO.

Marijuana is not addictive, the human body can not physically develop enough of a dependence to become addicted, do you really bother to do any sort of research before you say 'NO'?
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

Why make it legal?? It makes people high.Then everyone would be like hey i see jesus...
And America will become the most idiotic country ever! Not that it worries me because i am Australian not American! Anyway...
Marijuana = people high and seeing jesus everywhere.
Legalizing it may cause more overdoses which links to death... so why make it Legal?

Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

Cigarettes and alcohol are also drugs

Yes but they don't make you high they just give you cancer , gang green or can get you drunk

alcohol, cigarettes and sleeping pills should all be outlawed because they are addictive drugs

All addictive drugs should be illegal! Cigarettes= Lung Cancer. Alcohol = Getting Drunk and can Lead to death in some cases because when your drunk you can do idiotic things.
Sleeping Pills?? I am not sure what they can cause which leads to death... but i know it makes you sleepy
chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

this is a terrible idea everyone would get high without worrying about the police and drugs are not good for you duh

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Why make it legal?? It makes people high.Then everyone would be like hey i see jesus...
And America will become the most idiotic country ever! Not that it worries me because i am Australian not American! Anyway...
Marijuana = people high and seeing jesus everywhere.
Legalizing it may cause more overdoses which links to death... so why make it Legal?

Do resesar4fch. Realize that just because something is legal doesn't mean people will go crazy over it. It wasn't that way when alcohol was legalized after prohibition. Also, marijuana isn't hallucinogenic.

All addictive drugs should be illegal! Cigarettes= Lung Cancer. Alcohol = Getting Drunk and can Lead to death in some cases because when your drunk you can do idiotic things.
Sleeping Pills?? I am not sure what they can cause which leads to death... but i know it makes you sleepy

Why? Almost every drug is at least mildly addictive - also, some of the best painkillers/cancer meds in the world(like marijuana >.&lt are addictive. Imagine a world without tramadol and vicodin - millions of people would be aching to death.

Also, marijuana is slightly addictive, but not physically like tobacco. AND, marijuana isn't what harms you, it's the delivery method - THC pills and things of that nature get you high and relieve pain without lung cancer, etc. That isn't the case for alcohol at all, and it's only sorta the case for tobacco.

Yes but they don't make you high they just give you cancer , gang green or can get you drunk

They make you high. Getting drunk is just getting high on alcohol. Getting the stress relief and relaxedness from smoking a cigarette is getting high on nicotine.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Getting drunk is just getting high on alcohol

Alcohol Intoxication

Marijuana Intoxication

Sound familiar ? :PP
rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

Its not humanly possible to overdose on marijuana, there has never been a death ever directly linked to marijuana(drug wars do not count).
Showing 556-570 of 794