ForumsSupport Forumwhat woud you like to change/add on AG

82 22539
Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

I don't know does similar topic exist

here is what woud i like to have on armor games
1. Edit (to be able to edit forum posts)
2. status (is somebody online/offline right now)
3. Last time online (date when somebody was last time online)
4. Message notification (number that show me how many messages do I have, next to my username)
5. Random Favorite (same as random game but it shows you 1 of your favorites)

• 82 Replies
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

You unlock new armatars when you rank. I'm always so excited when I get new armatars.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

I also think there should be more mods. I often notice things that should be locked right away but don't get locked for hours.

chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

i thimk you should get points for playing the game not just commenting i know some people who want ap so bad they go and comment and rate without playing the game. i also think that you should be able to search for people

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

but i think ag is lacking the sense of mystery and exitement,like at ng,you unlock some secret everytime you level,i thing thats what ag lacks,but,i think ag rules

I agree with thepossum that the excitement on AG is there in the form of 'what armatars will I get', but I also have to say that maybe a new item introduced to the site would add to the 'mystery-factor', but then again... what would it be?
I can't think of anything really exciting for the users to 'unlock' after leveling up... :S

I also think there should be more mods. I often notice things that should be locked right away but don't get locked for hours.

Sometimes all the mods are busy with other things resulting in a particular thread still being 'open' for a few hours, but hey... what's a few hours? Even then, it is still locked after some time... and you can always place a comment on their profile to make them notice it quicker!

i thimk you should get points for playing the game not just commenting i know some people who want ap so bad they go and comment and rate without playing the game.

That's why the comments that are blank or without any useful info on the game are removed after some time, which will mean those people will loose their gained AP for that. And when a person continues this he will be banned eventually... the mods are watching you!
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

1. there's locking, there's deleting...and then there's ignoring the thread and letting it die. Now THAT takes TRUE leadership. Let the mods take care of the threads that really DO need to be taken care of, like hate and flame/spam threads.

2. How many more do we need? Gantic and Cenere were modded very recently on top of the handful that are still here....

i thimk you should get points for playing the game not just commenting i know some people who want ap so bad they go and comment and rate without playing the game.

Yes and No: I have mixed feelings about this. Would this spur new, excited people wanting to be a member? Would this just be a waste of time? If so, how can we make it so that it won't? Would it have the ability to prevent "napping"**? If so, let's do it! But would would the right amount of AP per time period be?

Problems: It defines true "gaming" if you have a high amount of AP by just playing a game. However, AP also defines just how much you've contributed to AG, good ways or bad. Getting AP by playing games show that you love the games on AG, but it really doesn't do anything for the site itself, you know? AG adds a new post in the forums, and in turn, you get 1 AP. It's a trade-off. You get AP by playing a game, but what does the site get? Zippo.

Theory to Help Make it Work: Adding a timer to the games based off how many hours a game has been played. It's a stretch, but very useful in decided what really is a good game to play.

Reason #1 : Parts of a game's popularity is based off its rating, how many people faved it, and by how many times its been played. what constitutes a 'lay' is just by clicking 'lay', maybe even by just clicking the link to the page, I'm not sure which. Sonny II has nearly 11.5 million plays. You can imagine that if Sonny II is so popular, it would have at least 2-4 times the amount of hours logged into it, not just because its an RPG, but because people really do enjoy playing it. Let's compare that to a game called "RPG X". It got 1 million plays, a 8.1, but only 1.4 million hours logged? It's probably not as popular as people think, because they played for a little bit, then quit. the hours logged could define just how enjoyable the game is and how much people really liked it.

Reason #2: We all know that rating a game gives you AP. 2 even. Just as much as typing out 2 forum posts, or one comment. Just for clicking a button. Now, how accurate is THIS system? Obviously, some light bulbs went off in many peoples' heads that you could make points for just rating a game. For all we know, Creekwood Forest could have a 5 and Sonny II could have an 8 if it were not for points. Low hours would mean the game is not as popular as a game with a high amount of hours. Sounds more accurate than the rating system to me.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Now that was reasoning with a HUGE capital R... =D

I couldn't agree more with Freakenstein! If they were really to make a system where the popularity of the games would be shown accurately, it would be a rating similar to what you describe...
The current rating doesn't give an honest view on how popular the game is, since a lot of people often only give a rating to get AP's without even playing the game!
Now if the rating of the games was based on hours logged into the game it would immediately show how popular a game is, simply because it shows how long people, who obviously enjoy the game then, played the game giving it a higher popularity than games with low play-hours...

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Would this just be a waste of time? If so, how can we make it so that it won't? Would it have the ability to prevent "napping"**?

Meant to add this in a looong time ago. "napping" refers to gamers sitting inactively in a game while logging in hours. There MUST be a way to prevent having that happen. This would be inaccurate of the system, although not as inaccurate as far as game ratings go.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Maybe add a timer that resets after a while when the game is not played, although this would mean extensive programming I think... :S I'm not a programmer so I don't know if it is possible or not...

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Only one thing because I am going to bed in a moment, and thus not going to read it all:

Oh, all the things you report? No, wait...
To be true, there is not really much urgent when I get online. Sure, there is things that needs fixing, and things that needs to be locked, but nothing like spamwars or anything. That I know of.

2. How many more do we need? Gantic and Cenere were modded very recently on top of the handful that are still here....

That's me
Caberea
Caberea
576 posts
Nomad

Got that right i found that somone rated arcuz 0/10 saying that it was too easy for a strategy game (WTF!? arcuz is RPG/adventure and maybe a little action but no way is it strategy. Cept maybe with the bosses)

Ive got two ideas well four i guess

1.A forum search. I dont know how many times ive found a forum game thats gone missing after a week and is on the 40th page in the forums.
2.Having the creator of the forum next to the forum name. THat way
3.Having the forums you have made shown on your account page (And maybe an option to turn this off or on)
4.The ability for the maker of a forum to get rid of posts that have been made (i had this idea when some guy posted up a whole ton of foul language in one of my forum RPGs.)
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

instead of a timer we could have achievements like on kong. but they can't give alot of ap or people wont post on the community as often. there has too be a goo balance

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Got that right i found that somone rated arcuz 0/10 saying that it was too easy for a strategy game (WTF!? arcuz is RPG/adventure and maybe a little action but no way is it strategy. Cept maybe with the bosses)

I guess that's the example of a person only interested in getting AP for a rating and a comment instead of actually playing the game... that or he/she mixed up games with the commenting...

Ive got two ideas well four i guess
1.A forum search. I dont know how many times ive found a forum game thats gone missing after a week and is on the 40th page in the forums.

There is one in place already made by DDX through google, you can find it here !

2.Having the creator of the forum next to the forum name. THat way

Always handy when you want to direct a comment directly to the creator, but his name is already shown at the first comment on the first page... hmmm... :S

3.Having the forums you have made shown on your account page (And maybe an option to turn this off or on)

That I would like very much! This way I can delete all the forum-links I have pasted in my email-programm! And that would be a relief I tell ya... Good suggestion Caberea! =)

4.The ability for the maker of a forum to get rid of posts that have been made (i had this idea when some guy posted up a whole ton of foul language in one of my forum RPGs.)

This COULD end up in people becoming angry because their comments are deleted by the creator... Better to let the mods sort that out...

instead of a timer we could have achievements like on kong. but they can't give alot of ap or people wont post on the community as often. there has too be a goo balance

Someone suggested wallpapers for your profile page as achievements, so that's a good idea! But i'd have to go see what it's like @ kong (this is kongregate.com?) and maybe agree...
bobbis
bobbis
12 posts
Nomad

A way too know what new games are coming soon ,and maybe even a demo of the game if it is a long one.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Well Bobbis, I think that if a new game is coming out, the gamemakeer would tell us, by way of a thread about it. This is only for armorgames, though.

So... say that a Sonny III was coming out next month. Krin would come on his AG account and post how the game is going in the sonny section. He did that for Sonny II, so I think he would do the same for the next sequel.

Other games that AREN'T from AG wouldn't be shown in the forums. We would have to look in their site and see if they are making new games.

Godjule
Godjule
206 posts
Nomad

The only things I have any comment forâ¦

[quote/] 1. Edit (to be able to edit forum posts) [quote]
YEEESSSâ¦

[quote/] 3.Having the forums you have made shown on your account page (And maybe an option to turn this off or on) [quote]
This would be so useful, and it help keep track of so many things.

As for stuff Iâd like to add/change, Iâd like to change the community/forums. I mean when I first came here I thought the community was something different from the forums, but I soon find out that they are one and the same! Instead I would like to change it so that the community showed who was who and have forums w/ sub forums. I mean, I came from âAeria Gamesâ and âKrinlabsâ and those make so much more sense than this forum/community. Also Iâd get rid of the Sonny 2 forums and just give a link to Krinlabs.
Also a better stocked store. If you want to make money you need more stuff. And I would add more bbcode type stuff, like a [/Youtube] bbcode where we could post the actual videos, or something like that.
Third, a shout box. Itâs not a chat box just a thing where you can ask for help or ask a question. Something like, what they have at Aeria Games.
I had other stuff but, I forgot what they were.

Showing 31-45 of 82