ForumsSupport Forumwhat woud you like to change/add on AG

82 22540
Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

I don't know does similar topic exist

here is what woud i like to have on armor games
1. Edit (to be able to edit forum posts)
2. status (is somebody online/offline right now)
3. Last time online (date when somebody was last time online)
4. Message notification (number that show me how many messages do I have, next to my username)
5. Random Favorite (same as random game but it shows you 1 of your favorites)

• 82 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Uhmm..Godjule? Could you try that again? Try re-quoting what you wanted to quote and what was really what you said.

The community is essentially what a set of forums, or board, is. There are many sites that just have "forums" written at the top, and in a sense it is fine, but it is wrong. You have many forums yes, but for it to just say forums means that there is no organization for it. There are "categories" that sort the forums and puts them in their proper place.

Long definition short, a community is aaaall the forum sections put together on one page, where guys and gals all come to look at different topics and post their opinion on them.

Godjule
Godjule
206 posts
Nomad

Yeah sorry. I copied and pasted off of microsoft word and it didn't come out right. Here's the actual message.

The only things I have any comment for...

[quote]1. Edit (to be able to edit forum posts)

YEEESSS...
3.Having the forums you have made shown on your account page (And maybe an option to turn this off or on)

This would be so useful, and it help keep track of so many things.

As for stuff I'd like to add/change, I'd like to change the community/forums. I mean when I first came here I thought the community was something different from the forums, but I soon find out that they are one and the same! Instead I would like to change it so that the community showed who was who and have forums w/ sub forums. I mean, I came from "Aeria Games" and "Krinlabs" and those make so much more sense than this forum/community. Also I'd get rid of the Sonny 2 forums and just give a link to Krinlabs.
Also a better stocked store. If you want to make money you need more stuff. And I would add more bbcode type stuff, like a [/Youtube] bbcode where we could post the actual videos, or something like that.
Third, a shout box. Itâs not a chat box just a thing where you can ask for help or ask a question. Something like, what they have at Aeria Games. [/quote]

Any ways...

Long definition short, a community is aaaall the forum sections put together on one page, where guys and gals all come to look at different topics and post their opinion on them.

Thats the definition for you. You gotta remember I came from somewhere else, and when a person who is from somewhere else goes to another place unfamiliar to them they usually have no clue as too what is what so they go by some of the things they went by when they were at the other place.
For me a definition of a community is a place to blog or chat to other people like that chat box thing that AG once had. Not exactly a place to post on forums and stuff.
Mind you, it'll be like this with other people so I'd probably change the name into something else. I mean, most people are more used to seeing the word "forums" when they come onto this kind of stuff. So if nothing else why not go with something thats more common?
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

I see your point, since forums is the common name for community. To tell you the truth, I also didn't grow up with community; I had forums too. It just took me a while before I figured out that forums was also Community, or Boards. You see that big, gaping, black space between the AG logo and your username? I've been meaning to petition to have COMMUNITY between that. I mean, it's too important; it's a whole page in itself, it deserves more space to declare it so!

Instead I would like to change it so that the community showed who was who and have forums w/ sub forums.

We have the first one already in here, just that....it's turned off lol

Having a list of threads made in your profile about could be a good idea... there IS enough space after all.. and every thread listed would be a link to that thread too.

Sonny II, well, I myself don't like the idea of one series having its own forums. I mean, where's bubbletanks? Where's Gemcraft? those are other equally popular game series! But, if we totally took out the forum section and put a main link to krinlabs in the flash games forum, people will generally NOT do that, and instead post threads in there.

Hey Godjule one more thing? Where you around when the sonny II forum was made? Let's just say that there were sonny threads in the flash games forum already. hundreds. that means that the mods had to move move move all the threads related to sonny and place them in the correct forum. So...for you to say to remove that, well..you're gonna get a lot of angry mods on your side LOL
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

You see that big, gaping, black space between the AG logo and your username? I've been meaning to petition to have COMMUNITY between that. I mean, it's too important; it's a whole page in itself, it deserves more space to declare it so!

*signs petition*

Sonny II, well, I myself don't like the idea of one series having its own forums. I mean, where's bubbletanks? Where's Gemcraft? those are other equally popular game series! But, if we totally took out the forum section and put a main link to krinlabs in the flash games forum, people will generally NOT do that, and instead post threads in there.

the things is ok lets say colony and last stand are as popular as sonny (which they are) whats there to talk about last stand? there is no leveling or achievements and even then there is already a walthrough and colony has the general discussion everyone can post about colony there but the thing is there is only two things to talk about in colony units and ranks while sonny has around 100 things to talk about achievements bosses items help pages PVP strategy's best builds ETC

that's why others don't have their own forums

but maybe we could have subforums that switch the the favorite games?(based on playing hours)
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I just want to remind people that forum =/= thread, and it is annoying when people call it a forum and not a thread. Because you make threads or topic, in the forum, not forums in the community.
Anywho.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

You see that big, gaping, black space between the AG logo and your username? I've been meaning to petition to have COMMUNITY between that. I mean, it's too important; it's a whole page in itself, it deserves more space to declare it so!

*does a homer-impression and adds name*

A good thought there Freakenstein, why haven't you made a thread about it yet? I'm pretty sure that a lot of people who care for the AG community would immediately sign it and support it!
I mean... I can simply not ignore the fact that I find myself splashing around in the community (have you found the pool yet? *raises eyebrow*) just as much as I play games on this website...
People here have a good feedback and discussing sense to them and I like that! =)

that's why others don't have their own forums
but maybe we could have subforums that switch the the favorite games?(based on playing hours)

I've seen that suggestion fly by me somewhere (might even have given it myself, I don't know) and I think it's a nice way to make the whole 'gaming forum' a lot more attractive (even more, yes) to the users to participate in the discussions about the games. And that's the whole reason of and main theme for this website, games...
So when there would be such things developed/created to attract and keep the people here I only cheer to it!

And as long as there are enough things to talk about when a certain game, say f.e. 'The Last Stand', is created there should be a simple clear way for users to find the right place to talk to each other about it. =D
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I like the community is somewhat hidden. While we might miss a few who would have been good to add to the forums, there is a LOT who we would probably hate to have around.
After all, about 5 comments in average of each page is actually worth keeping. Now, if half of these people use the forums and act like that here...
There is enough spam in the forums by people just stating stuff. I am not sure it would help anything to drag them here, I guess.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

I like the community is somewhat hidden. While we might miss a few who would have been good to add to the forums, there is a LOT who we would probably hate to have around.

True... And that also means we don't have too many people in the Forums, which would be chaos with some 'End of the World' song in the background.
After all, about 5 comments in average of each page is actually worth keeping. Now, if half of these people use the forums and act like that here...
There is enough spam in the forums by people just stating stuff. I am not sure it would help anything to drag them here, I guess.

Loads of them probably know about the Forums, but don't use them as their the hardest (After merits of course!) way to make AP. And who would pick that instead of an easy, high AP life of commenting?

Wait, that would mean people like me, and the rest on the Forums...
dreadstar889900
dreadstar889900
3 posts
Nomad

I would like it if the people at Armorgames would add in more catigories for different types of games, because i belive that it would make it much easier for users to find specific games that they are looking for and it would be easier to find games that might intrest users

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Dreadstar, if you go to the main page, there are a few sets of "tags" shown. Those are the different categories of games you're talking about. I mean, say you're in the strategy section, but you're looking for "tower defense". You would just click the tag and it would (mostly) bring up all the tower defense games we have. Why not take a look and see what they have?

Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

I wasn't here for a while and I don't know has somebody put this...

To search for poeple:

http://armorgames.com/user/

just put name at end like this

http://armorgames.com/user/Haku

To search for topics

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=016859555583575919571:3btb4asrns8

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I would like it if the people at Armorgames would add in more catigories for different types of games, because i belive that it would make it much easier for users to find specific games that they are looking for and it would be easier to find games that might intrest users

Exactly like Freakenstein said... there are several 'main categories' for the games in which all the games can be found:

- Action Games
- Adventure Games
- Arcade Games
- Shooting Games
- Puzzle & Skill Games
- Strategy Games
- Sports Games
- Miscellaneous Games

Besides these 'main categories' there's a game-tag-section on the front page (middle right of the page) with most popular searches used to find a certain game on Armor Games.
If the tabs on the top of the page were to be increased in number, the overview is lost very very quickly!
Every person has his own intrests and would need a certain tag to find that particular game of his/her interest.
Could you imagine a tab-line on the AG-frontpage with, say, 50 tabs of game categories?
Thagdaor
Thagdaor
39 posts
Nomad

a game that multplayer so every one can play the same game but with severs so it wont get packed

Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

try to look at tags

thease are tags

action adventure aim ball blood christmas click defend defense fight fun gun holiday mouse music physics platform point puzzle quick retro rhythm rpg shoot shooter shooting snow space tower war zombie

why isn't there tag for card games, I don't know
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

why isn't there tag for card games, I don't know

There are more tags than are shown on the front page. The ones on the front page are only the most popular tags.

Showing 46-60 of 82