The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsWEPRIntelligent design Vs Evolution

388 55545
redace333
redace333
130 posts
Nomad

I just now found out about this forum and didn't notice a I.D. Vs E. thread so I decided to make one.

I am a Christian and believe in intelligent design is the way the world came to be.

What does everyone else think about this subject?

• 388 Replies
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

Care to prove it?

nope. but thats my belief and i will stick by it.

and how dare you question me and my friend in such a rude way. care to prove another way how natural selection works. i believe in evolution and im still a christitan. i think i should be proud cause i can defend both sides
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

I say they can be comparable, as if the ID theory was correct then evolution would be incorrect, as most state that it created everything as it is now.

this isnt necessarily true. evolution could be because of a creator
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

this isnt necessarily true. evolution could be because of a creator

Or jump-started. The Annunaki are very good at doing this

I guess no one took heed to my post. What is the difference between this and the other 3 threads I have provided? None. They are both religion/Christianity vs. Atheism. So why continue posting here even though it is a duplicate?

There you go.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Because evolution and ID aren't directly related to atheism and Christianity so this is a different topic in it self. Surprisingly we've been able to keep it civil for two pages which is a new step for AG.

redace333
redace333
130 posts
Nomad

For clarification on two points:
1. By evolution i mean the part of the beginning of the world not

ID deals with the creation of life and the Earth, whereas evolution is just how already-there life changes over generations.

[quote] This,, this, and this are all recent religion vs. no religion threads, so I suggest going to those before making your own.

So yes, finding different threads in this forum is a good way to not mistakenly create excess topics that are the same thing. Have fun in the AG community!

Those were "religion"threads, I wanted a "how did the world begin" thead.
redace333
redace333
130 posts
Nomad

Oops, that got messed up really bad.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

1. By evolution i mean the part of the beginning of the world not

Biut that isn't evolution. There is no part of the theory of evolution that talks about the creation of life. Your definition of evidence is wrong, or at least blurred a bit. The theory that deals with the arising of life is called abiogenesis.
redace333
redace333
130 posts
Nomad

What i mean by that is: how did life begin? did it "evolve" from a hot soupy mix of water and chemicals? Or was it created by a intelligent creator.

I'm not really good at science (And only 13 years old) so I never heard of that term before.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

I'm not really good at science (And only 13 years old) so I never heard of that term before.

Don't use age as an excuse. I'm also only 13.

Scientifically speaking, the scientific explanation is obviously more likely - amino acids are really everywhere in this Universe. Once they get complex enough, they auto-assemble into a cell membrane, and soon a cell.
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,826 posts
Duke

Biut that isn't evolution. There is no part of the theory of evolution that talks about the creation of life. Your definition of evidence is wrong, or at least blurred a bit. The theory that deals with the arising of life is called abiogenesis.

Wait a minute, alt. Are you suggesting that a Christian is blindly denouncing evolution without actually knowing what it is or what it entails? Cuz I mean, everyone knows that Christians are very well educated about scientific matters and are perfectly qualified to discuss biology, physics, and philosophy :P

But seriously, in my not-so-humble opinion, there's no way this topic can actually go anywhere. It's a nice little piece of evidence of exactly how ignorant most of the world is what evolution is, or even what a theory is. But I think that's all this thread should end up being.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Wait a minute, alt. Are you suggesting that a Christian is blindly denouncing evolution without actually knowing what it is or what it entails? Cuz I mean, everyone knows that Christians are very well educated about scientific matters and are perfectly qualified to discuss biology, physics, and philosophy :P

Oh, I apologize Moe! I would never even ponder the thought of insinuating anything near that! :P

Anyway, I agree with Moe on the second para.
redace333
redace333
130 posts
Nomad

[quote]Don't use age as an excuse. I'm also only 13.
So, you being 13 is a reason *cough*excuse*cough* for me not using it as a excuse? [/sarcasm]

So, in regard to your latter statement:
Yeah, but "hot soupy mix of water and chemicals" sounds cooler.

Yes you have probably heard this argument way to many times but, where did the Amino acids come from?

redace333
redace333
130 posts
Nomad

So, in regard to your latter statement:

Was to:

Scientifically speaking, the scientific explanation is obviously more likely - amino acids are really everywhere in this Universe. Once they get complex enough, they auto-assemble into a cell membrane, and soon a cell.
redace333
redace333
130 posts
Nomad

But seriously, in my not-so-humble opinion, there's no way this topic can actually go anywhere

Yeah, but it's a great learning experience!
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Yes you have probably heard this argument way to many times but, where did the Amino acids come from?

They formed from chemicals which are already on the planet. If you ask me were they came from, they were formed from stars spewing out helium and other light elements and eventual creating heavy elements out of the light elements. The stars were created from the big bang that was created by chance. There is an EXTREMELY SIMPLIFIED version, look it up if you want a more en-depth one.
Showing 16-30 of 388