ForumsSupport ForumQuick FAQ - This answers everything

201 60644
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

What are the rules?
No flaming: Try to behave yourself and not cuss out other users, even if they did you any wrong. If you do this, chances are you will get punished just as hard as the one offending you.
No spam: Try to make your posts and comments longer than 7 words, otherwise it can be considered spam and deleted.
No circumventing our Censor: If you really have to swear, let the censor do the censoring, and do not try to write it out in a way that could bypass our censor.
Try not to post in really old threads. There is a reason for them not to be on the front page. Make a new one, if you are concerned about something. (Usual guideline is in between 10 pages/two weeks of searching back in the section).
Relevance. Make sure your thread or post actually is relevant to the section or thread you post in. And that you are contributing to the topic.

Flagging/reporting:
If you find posts or threads that break the rules, but in a non harmful (and thus urgent way), flag these posts by clicking the red flag on the side.
If the rule being broken is harmful, report the offender to a mod with a link to the place the rule is being broken, and who the offender is.

Spam:
Spam in our context is either short (unnecessary) posts, shorter than 7 words, is unrelated to the topic completely, is advertising links to external sites or to threads that is unrelated to the topic.
Spam is also repeated posts and copied posts or comments. Please do report such happenstances to a mod.
For more: Here.

Common suggestions:
We have a list of common suggestions, but considering the soon to be released AG3, you are better off suggesting something for the new version, than trying to get something done in this.
Common suggestions can however be found here.

--

Who are the mods?
This lot.
If you believe you could be a mod, do not ask the other mods if you could be one, either show us through a good behaviour, or use the contact page to ask the staff. Please do not suggest other users either. If they are not mods yet, then they are either being considered already, we are not looking, or they have been rejected (for now).

Merits:
Info here and here.
A merit is a reward given to good, useful and constructive game comments (as well as a prize for winning certain contests in the art section).
It consists of 25AP and a nod in your merit-count.

Mods are always on the lookout for merits when they clean spam from games, so if you have not gotten a merit for some outstanding comment of yours, either we have not yet seen it, or perhaps it was not as outstanding as you thought.
Remember that being given a merit is not a right.
Please do not ask for merits or suggest comments for merits, we can do this job fine ourselves.

How do I...
Use the codes of this site?
A good guide can be found here with and addition here.
How do I find a friend of mine?
You can either ask them for their username, or go looking in the forums. There is no real way to search for them, besides our various costom searches, one which can be found here.
If you know their username, just insert it in this link: armorgames.com/user/NAMEHERE
How do I friend another user?
Go to their profile, click the green "ADD FRIEND" button. You have now friended the other user.

I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS!!
Look through this and this. If your question has not been answered then, feel free to post the question in either the Support and Suggestions section or the Newcomers section.

Missing a game?
We do have moments of disappearing games for some reason. Check it is just not loading. Hopefully this will be resolved in AG3.

• 201 Replies
MajigamaFreak
MajigamaFreak
2 posts
Nomad

Can you search for users? I want to find someone I know, and add him to friends, but I can't seem to >.<

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Can you search for users? I want to find someone I know, and add him to friends, but I can't seem to

If you know his username then:

How to find a user:
1) ArmorGames.com/user/Their-Username-Here

2) User-Search

3) Click on someone's name in the forums or on a different persons friends list and that will take you to their profile, you can also click on their name if they leave a comment.
exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

i didn't know i could go to the user search? i have been trying to find someone.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Well, that one up there that Matrix provided is a make-shift user search, meaning AG didn't make it, so it's unofficial. This search comes in handy, but there are times that it doesn't come up with what you want. The AG3 search is magnificent, so you don't have to worry about that sort of thing later

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

The AG3 search is magnificent

Glad you like it. I had fun building it. )
gokuto
gokuto
1 posts
Nomad

Ah... thanks alot this really helped alot!

exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

i haven't checked the AG3 user search yet.... Hopefully i will check it out soon.

FatCow31
FatCow31
5 posts
Nomad

what if its on accident. like not on purpose

exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

Is that like your catchphrase? What did that mean FatCow31? ah, whatever. I am just glad GhostofMatrix made that search. i have found a few people.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I am just glad GhostofMatrix made that search. i

I didn't create anything.

I don't even know who made that User-Search on Google.
exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

Oh. I feel really dumb right now. Well, thanks for posting that search.

sodangobsessed
sodangobsessed
200 posts
Nomad

GhostofMatrix, i went on the search engine, and it isn't updated.

exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

Yeah, Matrix. I tried to find one of my friends who just logged in, and I couldn't find them.

darkrai097
darkrai097
862 posts
Nomad

That's why it says "Last updated: June 7, 2009".

exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

Yes, so it wouldn't even find my profile, because I made a profile in february 2011.

Showing 31-45 of 201